Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWLM is alive!

TWLM goes live! http://twl.trenchwars.org/twlm/index.php

Please note: As the twl website was in development when TWLM was made, the rosters arent populated automatically. So currently they arent all correct.
    So basically, when buying players for your team, its up to you to check the twl website rosters for the teams to see if a player can actually start or not!
    Some players might not be on the correct squad. In my haste to finish the twlb side for the release, Ive not yet rechecked rosters for about a weeks worth of players changing squads. If you buy a player that should be on a different squad, when I realise they are on the wrong squad, they will be set to the correct one and it wont affect your team.

LB player values were decided completely on twd statistics. I thought this would be nicer to see something there rather than a boring 300 for every single player. Feel free to moan about your values! They cant be changed now as it will affect cash of users that have bought them already, but its healthy for you to let out your feelings. Please email all value related moaning to ArdyCares@4you.com and I will reply with as much sympathy as I can muster!

Any actual errors you find, please contact me via emails through these forums. Lets not clutter the TWLM forum with "this wont work! bla bla bla" related threads. Although I cant stop you from doing so.

I did originally say that there wouldn't be a twlb section on release however since I made that post, Ive been working on it and got it up! Ive not yet done the statistics related pages for lb so expect them to pop up sometime after today. I hope you all enjoy TWLM! Any queries please contact me.

One final thing: the betting section looks horrible atm. integers too long, when a match is in scheduling it shows all 0's for date and time... Il make this look more pleasing, promise!
    Ogron - "Lifetime Achievement Award recipient for 10* attitude [Ardour]"

ranked #2 in ogrons signature of: TWL's most irrelevant nobodies pubtrash bozos with 0 titles.

TWLD Season 19 #70th Best Warbird
    TWLB Season 19 #56th Best Spider

TW Greatest no-shipper 2002 - Present

i just noticed something thats pretty important actually

players arn't on the right squads and rosters are not updated.... also what happens to people that get on twl roster late?

for instance, i went to buy peru from squad Rape, and he was not on the roster, he was on pirates roster....

also i joined rape late, so am not on twl roster til thursday, so will i be updated when i join or no? is there a way to tie twlm rosters up to twl website?
    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Ardour View Post
      Please note: As the twl website was in development when TWLM was made, the rosters arent populated automatically. So currently they arent all correct.
      So basically, when buying players for your team, its up to you to check the twl website rosters for the teams to see if a player can actually start or not!
      Some players might not be on the correct squad. In my haste to finish the twlb side for the release, Ive not yet rechecked rosters for about a weeks worth of players changing squads. If you buy a player that should be on a different squad, when I realise they are on the wrong squad, they will be set to the correct one and it wont affect your team.
      Read Exalt ? :P
      PubBot8> Going to 69 :greedy:

Jacklyn> I'll play with this clit thing later
      Dr.Coiff> i've played with it

3:Mirror <ZH>> fly around and boom blow everyone up

Comment

You've heard my praise in chat, but you'll hear it again, this is really awesome of you Ardour. Going to sign up and work my roster as soon as I can.

Comment

I agree Ardour, this site is great, me and a few of my old squaddies talked for about an hour about the different combinations of bets, players, and stock we were buying. I am looking forward to TWLM this year, thanks for the time you spent making it.
          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Now I hope I made the right choice by investing tons of my TWLM money on the Stocks..

*crosses fingers*

Comment

It's just stupid to have combined all leagues together... since you can choose where to invest your money... you should've kept them seperate imho...

Also the betting for MVP's has low odds... REALLY low odds...
              Like even the players that wouldn't even get played ever and even if they'd get played they'd never MVP get a best odds off 10:1 payed out:invested...

If like a player is likely to MVP he gets 3:1 odds... which is pretty high odds if you look at it like that, although it's pretty low if you put it against the fact that they might not show, or that he is 1 out of 10 or 16 players that could MVP...

The only way you would ever bet for MVP is if you are pretty sure some1 is gonna show in a match their squad is almost certainly gonna win, while that guy MVPs a lot... You can never guess on a guy that might MVP but is likely not going to, because the odds do not support it at all...

Also, how are the stocks calculated for squads that play multiple leagues?
              Since a squad like sweet has a stockvalue of 1907 while playing 1 league while disoblige for example has a stockvalue of 1537... And is the value of the stock increasing depending of just win or loss, or on how big the win is? Also, can 1 league squads increase as much as 3 league squads? and thus can they lose as much? In other word how are you calculating it?
              Last edited by PjOtTeR; 12-08-2008, 01:50 PM.
              TWLM-J Champion Season 8 :wub:
              TWLM-D Champion Season 9 <_<
              TWLM-B Champion Season 10 :pirate2:
              First person to win all different TWLM'ers :greedy:

Comment

I'm third most expensive warbird in Pirates roster. Why's that? Were the prices in TWLD and TWLJ also decided on TWD statistics?
                Last edited by Dant-Zu; 12-08-2008, 01:27 PM.
                Regency> not in for dd lol
                Regency> would rather eat some cock ;<

Comment

I was a little curious about that, but then again it never made sense for me to even try in basing or javelins because I don't know anything about them. The fact that I can toss all my money into warbirds and still have a chance at winning overall makes it more interesting to me.
                  Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

There never was an overall before, why make it overall... in general the idea is nice but it's worked out really really bad imho, yet probs for bringing it up and I'll figure out what the best things to bet on or put your money in for are...
                    TWLM-J Champion Season 8 :wub:
                    TWLM-D Champion Season 9 <_<
                    TWLM-B Champion Season 10 :pirate2:
                    First person to win all different TWLM'ers :greedy:

Comment

Well im going to rape you this season pjotter, I am like top 1 warbird analyst in tw.
                      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

most bought for lb?
                        zidane> big play
                        Omega Red> dwop sick
                        mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
                        WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
                        1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

uh, bets on LB are showing up as 'Javelin' in the 'Current Bets' list
                          dim> if you want to go and suggest that black people are rapists, more so than white people. go and do it in real life, but you won't....because you'll get beaten up and you can only cope on a 2d spaceship game

Alinea> And let me apologize in advance if it comes across harsher than I would like because I definitely mean it in a let's-make-the-game-better-and-get-this-thing-released-cuz-I'm-getting-very-pregnant kind of way

3:Mattey> there is more to america than capitalism

Comment

Originally posted by Lag.Com View Post
                            uh, bets on LB are showing up as 'Javelin' in the 'Current Bets' list
                            Same with lb-mvp's
                            Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                            Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                            Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                            Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                            Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                            Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                            Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Couple of questions about the money distribution:
                              $1500 for your Dueling team.
                              $1500 for your Javelin team.
                              $2000 for your Basing team.
                              $1500 for buying shares.
                              $500 for betting.

Right now I have over $3000 in shares, are you allowing this? It's probably a bug, but will I be penalized for it come Sunday, or are you going to fix it and disallow this by then? $500 for betting, but we can only bet 8 times, even by putting in $50 on each bet we can only spend $400.

The stock market:
                              Obviously they change depending on how many people buy them, but if that's the case, then the people who signed up and made their teams first got a much bigger advantage than the rest. How are the values for the stocks going to be calculated? What are they based on? Can they go up even if the team loses? If so, Deleria is a great buy if they can get any sensible amount of kills, but if they just lose value when they continue to lose, what's the point? Are three league squads going to be calculated for each league, making their values fluctuate much more than 1 or 2 league squads, or are there constraints given to them? I guess I could just wait it out until the week is over and see for myself, but could you give us any hints as to what will be calculated?

Comment

Working...
                              X