Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Czar?

Ok, so I'm just going to preface all of this with one big: LOL

For those of you not in the know: liberal cock munchers have agreed to give the Big 3 a bailout if they create a new position called the 'car czar.' This person would make sure the money is well spent, despite the fact that the carmakers have straight up said they're going to need more in March.

For more information: NYT article with a funny picture of Barney Frank, aka Don Vito

So, anyway, I could go into more detail but I'm not at work so I have better things to do. Maybe tomorrow I'll add some of my oh so awesome opinions.

Is our country fucking retarded? A car czar whose only ability would be to freeze the money? We're taking the 25B out of funds meant to help the car companies develop green technology, even though we've said they need to develop green technology? They admit they'll need more money in March and we're still helping them?
    Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
    Message has been sent to online moderators
    2:BLeeN> veh yes
    (Overstrand)>no
    2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
    2:BLeeN> ok then no
    :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
    (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

obama in 08

go blue team
    8:Lrim> you guys take this game too seriously

Comment

This is exactly why liberalism/democrats are idiots.

1. Gas prices go up and people trade in/stop wanting big vehicles.

2. The American people stop buying these cars so in a last ditch effort these companies pull cars from their Euro lines that get better gas mileage.

3. It is too late and they lost too much money due to the above and the fact that the Union has ridiculous demands.

4. We lack a president and a future president who will just do what Reagan did when the air traffic controllers went on strike during Christmas and fire them all.

5. Now these companies are bankrupt because they weren't smart enough to get with the times and start production of smaller cars when gas prices were obviously going up.

6. Instead of letting them fail and letting new car companies come in and take over we bail them out so they can continue to lose money.

7. Our government wants to do something useless that won't fix anything while giving them more money.

8. We the people who are telling a company they are doing bad by not buying their products are ignored because obviously we don't know what we are talking about.

Why don't we just let the market work... when these companies started making bad decisions and American people stopped buying their product because we didn't like the vehicles they were making that is a sign that the market is working. It has always been so that the best of the best stay in business and the weak fail. Basically these companies have become weak and they are failing and now instead of once again letting the market work and new companies taking over the old ones and making better decisions on which cars they are going to produce, we are just going to give them money so they can fail again and again doing the same thing that they have been doing.

The same thing happened with all of the other bailouts, when companies make bad decisions and they fail, that is because they made bad decisions, but now with our liberal government we are trying to just keep injecting more and more money into a failed corporation.

I honestly doubt I could get a loan for a business and when it failed go back the same bank and say "hey I made bad decisions and people didn't like my product, can I have another loan to do the exact same fucking thing". Of course they would say no, and honestly the fact that our government won't listen to the will of the people has really made me lose hope in our current administration. This isn't about McCain/Bush/Obama so much as it is about our entire process, who listens to idiots who are the ones causing the problems over the public. However liberals are more apt to allow idiotic crap like this to happen if anyone remembers their history classes back when you had to study the presidents, particularly Jimmy Carter.
      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

I really don't like how this is being tagged. I'm a liberal and for all I care the big 3 can go out of business. Honda and Toyota have their shit together, why shouldn't strong business and quality products win out?
        5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
        5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
        5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Because its a liberal congress, so just like how Bush got the blame for everyone that went bad during his presidency it only makes sense that congress since its majority democrat gets the blame for stupid decisions like this.
          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

better than the current chances?

I think in cases like these big bailouts, if the government pays billions they should take that amount of equity and just give it to someone like Warren Buffett to takeover and run.

Think about it.

The governments are probably not going to bail them out again in another three months. :wub:
            Will Thom Yorke ever cheer up? - ZeUs!!!

Comment

I blame government

Anarchy '12
              sigpic
              All good things must come to an end.

Comment

i wish they wouldn't have given them money

dow dropped 243 points once the news got out
                My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Fit of Rage View Post
                  I really don't like how this is being tagged. I'm a liberal and for all I care the big 3 can go out of business. Honda and Toyota have their shit together, why shouldn't strong business and quality products win out?
                  ^

A lot of that money could be put to better use actually invested in energy technology, renewables ect... I have a feeling that Congress will only give them enough to fail slowly so job losses won't hit all at once and the work force can slowly be reabsorbed into other sectors. There's no changing the big 3.

"The parties that negotiated the tentative deal agreed last week that the money would come from an Energy Department fund established in September to help Detroit make more fuel-efficient cars." -Reuters

Very fucking stupid.
                  Last edited by Kolar; 12-10-2008, 02:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fit of Rage View Post
                    Why shouldnt America do to Honda and Toyota what the foreign countries do to our cars: tax the fucking shit out of them. Then people would definitely be buying American cars. Of course, this does nothing to solve the problem of the building of "American" cars being outsourced
                    I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                    I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Originally posted by Izor View Post
                      Why shouldnt America do to Honda and Toyota what the foreign countries do to our cars: tax the fucking shit out of them. Then people would definitely be buying American cars.
                      We dont want your butt ugly fuel wasting cars. Toyota wtf.

Comment

Why shouldnt America do to Honda and Toyota what the foreign countries do to our cars: tax the fucking shit out of them. Then people would definitely be buying American cars. Of course, this does nothing to solve the problem of the building of "American" cars being outsourced
                        But taxes create deadweight loss!

That's pretty much all I got out of my econ 200 class.
                        Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
                        1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
                        1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
                        1:Chao <ER>> at all
                        1:Mantra-Slider> chao
                        1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
                        Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
                        Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

Well if imported cars were more expensive people would buy american and american companies would be making profits, assuming that the union issue is dealt with. I mean really, how much more are you willing to pay for a camry vs a fusion, keeping in mind no one in here really has that much money
                          I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                          I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Ford does very well in Europe and Asia, better than they do here in the States. They make a more fuel efficient car as well as just plain and simple a better car overall.

The bailout....I still find it odd that they will give any money whatsoever to Chrysler, noting that Chrysler is a privately run company, unlike GM and Ford.

Unemployment is a factor in the bailout. Trickle down unemployment was the factor of which they note that the unemployment rate will increase to 10% and the monies used in paying unemployment would be more of a financial burden than the bailout.

I just do not think that Chrysler deserves any money out of the Big 3.

On the horizon, thank goodness for NAFTA! China plans on importing and making cars with mexico and then using NAFTA to circumvent the taxation as was previuosly mentioned.

On a different note, I have had the chance to drive a Focus, Fusion and the 500 by Ford as rentals while my car was being serviced. They all drive like shit IMHO...the Focus was the best of these, but the one thing that I didn;t like about the Focus is that the cabin noise was too loud for such a small car. The Fusion and 500 I just felt drived like a wet sponge compared to my Honda and my Wifes VW Cabrio. My `64 Porsche drives smoother than these Fords and has less cabin noise.

Put out a good product and people will buy. I really do not think that price is the only factor in such purchases. Ford can lower their costs and get great fuel mileage, but I still do not think it will be of any help; if it doesn't feel good to drive, as well as have the comforts one looks for, who cares about the price.
                            May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Well if imported cars were more expensive people would buy american and american companies would be making profits, assuming that the union issue is dealt with. I mean really, how much more are you willing to pay for a camry vs a fusion, keeping in mind no one in here really has that much money
                              What? People on here don't have 19k? <_<

Moot point though, the only ford I'd even consider buying is a Focus ST or RS, they are a damn sight more than 19k.
                              Displaced> I get pussy every day
                              Displaced> I'm rich
                              Displaced> I drive a ferrari lol
                              Displaced> ur a faggot with no money
                              Thors> prolly
                              Thors> but the pussy is HAIRY!

best comeback ever

Comment

Working...
                              X