Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech question...(HELP)

Heres a query for any budding Hardware Guru's:
    At present my current hardware spec is Cognac Micro ATX (ATX V1.2 form factor) motherboard, TriGem,
    Korea Intel Socket-370 (370pin PPGA Socket) for Intel FC-PGA Celeron CPU 800MHz Integrating on-chip Graphics controller
    and Memory Controller Hub (GMCH): Intel FW82810,
    as well as Intel I/O Controller Hub (ICH) and AC 97' Controller: Intel FW82801 onto the motherboard eliminates the need for more expensive graphic and audio add-in cards.
    I wish to upgrade the CPU to a faster Celeron..Can any one tell me what the maximum CPU speed is that this mother will take and what the fastest celeron is with a socket 370. (I have seen 1.4GHz CPUs with 370 sockets, are there faster?) Are they compatible with this motherboard??

I had the exact same thing as you... I replaced the video card with a better one tho.

Anyway, I think the max you can get is not higher then 1.5 ghz (not including overclocking). Anything higher then that you might have to change your MB.

Inform yourself from someone w/ a better PC background knowledge then me tho.
    <3 TW Radio

Comment

From doing some web searching the max for this Mobo seems to be 500 mhz but it didn't go into the details really.

Comment

yeah thanks for taking a look Lea and Kolar 500 is the max.

Comment

No problem.
          <3 TW Radio

Comment

Working...
          X