Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snus Tobacco (it's not dip)

From the SA OP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xjm9NNuuVU

For about 13 years now I've been on and off many addictions, but the longest lasting and hardest to quit has definitely been my brain's love for nicotine. I've been on and off cigarettes, patches, gum, dip and anything else that gets nicotine into your system save IV and plugging. I've even been nicotine free for a year twice.

My latest adventure in engaging my nicotine addicted dopamine receptors has been Snus. It's Swedish and really really great: Goes in your upper lip, tastes great, no spit, less risk of cancer (although it's being researched, no one has claimed it's a free pass as of yet), you absolutely feel it, and you can use it anywhere!

Snus (IPA: /snuːs/) is a moist powder tobacco product that is consumed by placing it under the upper lip for extended periods of time. It is a form of snuff that is used in a manner similar to American dipping tobacco, but typically does not result in the need for spitting. Snus is also unique in that it is steam-cured rather than fire-cured, is not fermented and contains no added sugar. Snus is manufactured and consumed primarily in Sweden and Norway, and is being test-marketed in several other countries.

You can get a free trial from here: http://getsnus.com/snus/sample_offer.asp

A good thread about Snus and where I originally found out about it (hi goons.. GBS thread :sick: http://forums.somethingawful.com/sho...readid=2966904

Has anyone else tried this out? I ordered a couple in the mail and tried it for my first time last week with Camel's brand of Snus - which isn't really too good, but it impressed me enough to buy a couple of tins of the good stuff (and by good I mean probably 10x better than the Camel Snus I bought... not an exaggeration).
    Last edited by PaulOakenfold; 12-15-2008, 04:51 AM.

People who use Swedish moist snuff (snus) run twice the risk of developing cancer of the pancreas. This is the main result of a follow-up study conducted by Karolinska Institutet researchers amongst almost 300,000 male construction workers. The study is published today online in the prestigious medical journal The Lancet.

Hmmmmm i think i want to try me some of this snus
    sigpic

Im gonna slash and gash, rip another hole in your ass.
    I'll smear blood on the walls and then play
    tennis with your balls, and if the phone rings dont answer the caLL.
    im gonna slit yo throat, fuk u like a goat
    i'LL rip yo fore skin off and make a winter coat. PEACE!

Comment

If I wanted to make a thread about cancer and all that jazz I would. Obviously if you use any sort of drug you are running yourself the risk of something bad down the line. That's not what this thread is about. I don't encourage the use of tobacco products in the least either, and wouldn't suggest someone not addicted to just start up on this out of no where.

For those of us that use Tobacco, this is a new alternative, and something to check out however.

Comment

get help
        DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
        DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
        DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
        DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
        DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
        DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
        1:waven> is if im going to prison
        1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

Who and for what? Are you talking to yourself again? Has there been an accident with your catheter?

Comment

Originally posted by PaulOakenfold View Post
            If I wanted to make a thread about cancer and all that jazz I would. Obviously if you use any sort of drug you are running yourself the risk of something bad down the line. That's not what this thread is about. I don't encourage the use of tobacco products in the least either, and wouldn't suggest someone not addicted to just start up on this out of no where.

For those of us that use Tobacco, this is a new alternative, and something to check out however.

Basically all you are doing Paul is switching to a diffrent product that has a lower end of things "maybe" that still causes cancer? So you are promoting it did you even read what you typed man.

"For those of us that use Tobacco, this is a new alternative, and something to check out however"

If you discourage tobacco why not post all the bad things as well and not all the pros about this new susbtance for people who already are addicted why not new ways of getting off the tobaccy.

I use to smoke and do dip I now your addiction but this is just a new gimmick for you to try something and make you feel like your being healthier and is not as bad as other tobacco products which is completly false.

Sorry this not a answer to your question from your first post asking if anybody has tried the shit.
            sigpic

Im gonna slash and gash, rip another hole in your ass.
            I'll smear blood on the walls and then play
            tennis with your balls, and if the phone rings dont answer the caLL.
            im gonna slit yo throat, fuk u like a goat
            i'LL rip yo fore skin off and make a winter coat. PEACE!

Comment

It's a replacement addiction, yes. Have you tried it and what are your thoughts? Anything to do with that, or just preaching?

E: In the OP, the cancer thing was trying to be as subtle as possible, I don't condone tobacco use because it's bad for you no matter what it is... I was simply pointing out the fact that it has been shown to be less harmful as an afterthought. Every part of the OP is to be considered before the health aspect, that's it. It's as if you'd go to a Cigarette discussion and just spout out, "THEY ARE BAD FOR YOU WHY ARE YOU DISCUSSING THIS, YOU ARE DUMB, STOP SMOKING." People will do what they do for their own reasons, you know that first and foremost R420.

Now - hopefully back to a discussion about this.

From the SA OP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xjm9NNuuVU
              Last edited by PaulOakenfold; 12-15-2008, 04:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulOakenfold View Post
                Sloppy, rude and undeniably funny, NORBIT is being greeted in certain circles like one of seven signs of the apocalypse. Accused by one breathless critic of "reversing all the social progress made since the civil rights era," this reckless, lowest-common-denominator romp seems to have touched some sort of nerve, as self-styled pundits all over the Web claim it's going to cost Eddie Murphy the Oscar.

I get the sense Murphy doesn't mind much. Like Mel Gibson, Murphy has become a one-man brand, consistently making his own massively profitable pictures and showing little interest in kowtowing for the respect of Hollywood insiders or critics. In his rare public statements Murphy has admitted his appearance in DREAMGIRLS was a favor to the producers, and a glance at the projects he's got in development indicates we won't be seeing that kind of "serious" work from him again anytime soon.

So why is everybody in such a tizzy over NORBIT? Written by Murphy and his brother Charles, it's an outlandish fable set in a fairy-tale suburb. The comic plays the milquetoast title role, as well as his own 500-pound wife Rasputia.

Norbit's childhood sweetheart (Thandie Newton) comes back into town, but little does she know that her fiance (Cuba Gooding Jr.) is hatching a scheme with Rasputia's no-good brothers to buy the local orphanage/Chinese restaurant owned by Mr. Wong (Murphy again) and replace it with a strip club called Nipplopilis.

Obviously this is an extremely foolish picture, proudly so. but there's a real manic energy to the performances, and I'm not ashamed to admit I laughed myself sick. Murphy once again astonishes with the attention to detail in his characterizations, even when buried under tons of Rick Baker's brilliant makeup. (Check out the daintiness with which Rasputia carries herself, as if she's somehow oblivious to her own tonnage.)

The screenplay is so full of wild, surreal conceits, like the two suburban pimps (played by Eddie Griffin and Katt Williams) muscling in on the town fair's kissing booth, NORBIT really needed a director capable of building a world strange enough to contain them all. Unfortunately former HEAD OF THE CLASS star Brian Robbins just throws everybody on a backlot and overlights the heck out of it. But even such ramshackle assembly can't obscure the creativity on display.

Who cares if it costs Murphy the Oscar? I'm sure he doesn't.
                uh, yeah okay. norbit's one of the most painful movies i've ever had to sit through.
                Originally posted by turmio
                jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                Originally posted by grand
                I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Originally posted by Jeenyuss View Post
                  uh, yeah okay. norbit's one of the most painful movies i've ever had to sit through.
                  Fukkkkkkkkkkk I'm not PaulOakenfold on SA. I hate that guy.

That movie sub-forum is the worst.

Comment

tried snus a bunch of times, still dont like it, and prefer cigs.

as for "NORBIT", ROFL what a waste of film.
                    Displaced> I get pussy every day
                    Displaced> I'm rich
                    Displaced> I drive a ferrari lol
                    Displaced> ur a faggot with no money
                    Thors> prolly
                    Thors> but the pussy is HAIRY!

best comeback ever

Comment

Cinema Discusso

Comment

Probably everyone in finland/sweden/norway/denmark have tried snus - personally i don't like it either. There's a pretty big debate over here in finland about maybe making snus completely illegal...which is retarded. Snus is much better than smoking, especially in a sense when thinking about others. If you smoke someone close to you will also get affected, but if you use snus, it's only you who'll get cancer, if anything at all.
                        Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                        You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                        There wont be another election for president.
                        Obama is the Omega President.
                        http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

i remember some of my northern brethren talking about this stuff on a chat.

They were going wild about it and I was like oh you mean snuff. And that drove them into a Viking blood rush off IOGBAISGBAOBF NO FU PDIDDY IT’S FUCKING SNUS ITS SWEDISH !! YOU IRISH CUNT RAG

And I was like uhm sounds like snuff to me

And they went into a complete frenzy on me and they were like and anotherthing FINNISH AREN'T VIKINGS ITS NOT PART OFF SCANDINAVIA

And I was all like go feed your reindeer some snow

On another note I knew guys who took snuff and my friend tried it and now he takes cocaine
                          In my world,
                          I am King

sigpic

Comment

So the moral of your story is that every oral tobacco makes you into a completely violent person.

Comment

especially conc, since i see him reading this thread

conc o/\o violent person
                              Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                              You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                              There wont be another election for president.
                              Obama is the Omega President.
                              http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X