Circuit City liquidating everything starting tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Circuit City liquidating everything starting tomorrow

Circuit City in the States is liquidating everything starting tomorrow Satruday the 17th. Their website and call centers will no longer be online as well as accepting calls.

If your looking for a deal, perhaps you may find it now and at Circuit City.

Looks like Best Buy will be the only store in comparing the two still in business.

35,000 employee's across the country getting pink slips.
    May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Circuit City sucks anyways, its just as expensive as Best Buy but with a crappier atmosphere and less selection. Capitalism at it's finest. Hopefully this will leave us open for a better electronics store to step in and do better, or for best buy to take over a few of them and keep the employees. Either way.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Lol they went bankrupt? Pity for the consumers, this'll leave Best Buy the only competitor in its segment. It could be me but I've always found CC somewhat cheaper than BB, but their stores were always so empty that I always ended up at BB anyways.

Comment

Was just noting that perhaps, if you may be looking for that new HD Vid camera or Samsung monitor or 50" Plasma screen...who knows? Could possibly find a good deal.

Comment

did i mention how much i love best buy already?

:crying:
          .fffffffff_____
          .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
          .ffffff|ff __fffff|
          .fffffff\______/
          .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
          .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
          .fffff\________/
          .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
          .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
          .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
          .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
          .fff\__________/

Comment

That's really weird. Radio Shack jumped the hell out of Canada quickly a year ago and was bought out (their Canadian segment as far as I know) by Circuit City.

Comment

It's just what I needed!
              TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
              TelCat> hoes get paid :(
              TelCat> i dont

Comment

Originally posted by Kolar View Post
                That's really weird. Radio Shack jumped the hell out of Canada quickly a year ago and was bought out (their Canadian segment as far as I know) by Circuit City.
                Ya called the Source by Circuit City... i wonder what's gonna happen to all of them up here?
                There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

I think they're staying open but if they do close shop in Canada Best Buy and Future Shop are the only two left in that industry. The Source took over for Radio Shack but they're smaller, not as big as the other two and specialized in more electronics then off the shelf stuff. I went to Best Buy recently looking for an RF modulator, the guys there looked at me like I was speaking an alien language.

Comment

yeah so i went and got a couple of DVDs for 20% off, but on the whole, no good deals were found.

that and they weren't taking checks, which for some reason dumbfounded the women behind me in line. something like this
                    idiot 1> Well, I'm just super glad they had this copy of (random shitty movie), Babs will love it!
                    buffoon 2> yeah i just picked up (latest shit from tyler perry) do you want me to wait in line with you?
                    idiot 1>sure, i hope i'm not out of checks yet
                    buffoon 2>they're not taking checks

(i've noticed at least 5 signs in this line alone, they're plastered all over the place)

idiot 1>WHAT? They should have signs or something, I didn't wait in line this long to not buy (random shitty movie) !
                    buffoon 2>well don't you have a debit card?
                    idiot 1> yes, but you know i don't trust those
                    buffoon 2> it's basically the same as your check, it comes with the same fraud protection
                    idiot 1> i don't know, you here these things
                    buffoon 2> well i can buy it for you if you want
                    idiot 1> yes please, i don't use my debit card...

On top of that, when I get up to the register, I realize why it's taking so fucking long to ring each person up: they have to manually figure out the sale price and make the deduction. These people, who do math indirectly every second on their job, had no idea how to do simple 10%, 20%, 30% deduction. Even with a hand held calculator, they managed to fuck up my gf's reciept and only give her back 10%. I tell them they're wrong, and show the reciept to a different cashier, who agrees to take off another 10%. The only problem is that anyone with a brain knows that taking 10% off, and then10% off again doesn't equal a 20% discount. Not that it was a big difference, but the principle remains the same. They couldn't grasp this concept, and I left without getting that 1% back on my receipt (wasn't worth it at all).

Overall I was really disappointed with the "liquidation" sales, they could have done much better.
                    .fffffffff_____
                    .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
                    .ffffff|ff __fffff|
                    .fffffff\______/
                    .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
                    .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
                    .fffff\________/
                    .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
                    .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                    .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                    .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
                    .fff\__________/

Comment

well how would you feel if you were going to lose your job?

I would be like fuck you customers
                      sigpic
                      All good things must come to an end.

Comment

Stopped into my local CC yesterday during lunch. The checkout lines reached from the back of the mega store to the front. Prior to going to CC, I did some research on a few flat screen LCD's, some HD vid cam's, External Seagate & Maxtor drives and had my pricing in hand. Upon checking the prices of the various items, I found that Staples & MicroCentre had them beat on everything by a large margin. It was as if CC did a Linen's and Things Liquidation scam and marked everything up 25- 35% over standard cost and put a label on them noting clearance price! Scam Scam Scam

No deals found that I could see and the people purchasing various items seem to be making decisions on the "Clearance" tags thinking they are getting a bargain.

They may have bargains come the end of the month through March, but this initial sale and everything must go label is a joke at the moment.

Maybe some CC's are having good deals at the moment, but I actually found the prices noted as sale and clearance to be higher than the Staples store in the same shopping center...people need to do some pricing research...just shows hos stupid people can be and stimulated by a sale tag to make impulse purchases.

Comment

pretty much everything that i saw at circuit city you could buy at walmart across the street for cheaper

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by gran guerrero View Post
                            well how would you feel if you were going to lose your job?

I would be like fuck you customers
                            agreed, they were suprisingly not uber depressed. I know i wouldn't have even shown up unless i liked the people there.
                            .fffffffff_____
                            .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
                            .ffffff|ff __fffff|
                            .fffffff\______/
                            .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
                            .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
                            .fffff\________/
                            .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
                            .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                            .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                            .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
                            .fff\__________/

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
                              pretty much everything that i saw at circuit city you could buy at walmart across the street for cheaper
                              Which is why they're going under. I did get a good deal on my current TV there a few years back, though. That's my only happy CC memory.
                              DELETED

Comment

Working...
                              X