Zeitgeist & Zeitgeist - Addendum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zeitgeist & Zeitgeist - Addendum

www.zeitgeistmovie.com <- Free to stream watch if you have not seen it.

Two interesting documentaries about religion, 9/11 (If you're not sick of that), federal banks, monetary system and technocracy (if I've gotten it right).

Comments if you've seen them?

I myself find them very interesting and after watching the first one I decided to plow through various forums to see if the information was viable and even though a lot has been "debunked" I still see a value in these documentaries. For the USers I see how especially the second movie can seem somewhat communistic (even though it basically has nothing to do with it) I really like it. The strive for a sustainability within our society is something we lack... Greatly.

Watch them and comment.

"The Venus Project was started around 1975[5] by Jacque Fresco[6] and Roxanne Meadows of Venus, Florida, USA. It was founded on the idea that poverty is caused by the stifling of progress in technology, which itself is caused by the present US's profit-driven economic system. The progression of technology, if it were carried on independent of its profitability, Fresco theorizes, would make more resources available to more people. This new-found abundance of resources would reduce the human tendency toward independence, corruption, and greed, and instead make people more likely to help each other."

Commercialization of technology might slow down social progress, more resources might go into making an Ipod cost less then a MRI machine but commercialization is not the front line pursuit or end-all-be-all of science and technology. I don't believe that because Apple or Microsoft to use as an example of profitable and successful technology companies that they somehow constrict technological progress, nor is commercially available technology representative of how far technology has progressed.

This is just futurist crap convincing people that the US Government is suppressing technology which is keeping people poor and in poverty, it's nonsense and absolute bullshit.

Don't get caught up in this crap Leaf or you'll become lost in it like Tone, it can be interesting and fun to read about conspiracy theories and unexplained phenomenon sometimes but we should all be old enough to see it for what it is.
    Last edited by Kolar; 02-05-2009, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Leaf you god damned hippie, be prepared to be slapped with some reality :wub:

Comment

It's not the Venus Project that mainly got me interested. It's the despise for the monetary system which is spot on in these documentaries. Governments and societies caring less about the people of the societies than self-gain, profit and power. It is a disgusting reality when capitalism actually will be the downfall of earth.

As stated in the latter documentary we have the capabilities to actually replace all fossil fuel with sustainable renewable energy sources but due to corruption within the corportations we chose not to seeing how it's not as profitable as the already existing harmful energy sources. This way of thinking is misantrophic and I can't help to actually feel a sense of hopelessness when I see these gigantic companies destroying our world, step by step, brick by brick, with us not only allowing them, but in the end rooting for them and going to them for help (Monsanto a good example here. Wonderful documentaries about it and GMo is insane :X).

These documentaries are full of stuff that are facticious incorrect but never the less are they a way for people to start thinking and actually discover things. I don't swallow all of it and certainly not before thinking for myself or reading up on it and opposing opinions aswell.

(What I am about to say now will clearly be counted for as communism etc. I am not a communist and I do not agree with communist regimes or/and communistic views/thoughts)
        The more I think about it the more absurd it gets. I mean we have these different prospect from birth. If you're a rich family you can actually live a prosperous life and do all the things you want seeing how you have the means to do that.
        On the other hand, if you're not born in a rich family but a poor one, you live your life struggling to get what you want. Some may call this a challenge and some may call it the American Dream. I call it bollocks and injustice for all...

And we are forced into this living aswell. What if I want to be a scuba diver and make my living through that? Well if I live in a poor family I can't or it would take several years through low-paid employment (examples).

You might come with arguments like "Survival of the fittest" or "A challenge to strive for" but that is still bollocks in my ears. Through different prospects everything differs to injustice.

Comment

Nycle you fascist-liberalist! You haven't even seen these movies right? Do it asap.

Comment

Read a book Leaf.

Comment

Thanks for asking! I am currently reading the communistic manifesto while indulging myself in some Marx-cakes, dreaming about a red future.

Shh and don't go OT.

Comment

Originally posted by Leaf View Post
                It's not the Venus Project that mainly got me interested. It's the despise for the monetary system which is spot on in these documentaries. Governments and societies caring less about the people of the societies than self-gain, profit and power. It is a disgusting reality when capitalism actually will be the downfall of earth.
                You sound a lot like Marx, even when he made fundamental mistakes in his theories and was proven wrong.

Leaf, you're full of criticism of the current system and I think we can all agree that it has many faults. What alternative, however, are you proposing? The "Venus Project"?

Comment

posting in a zeitgeist thread
                  Originally posted by Ward
                  OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Posting in a Didn't Ask Anything, got No Answers Only More Questions thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                      sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

The producer also made another movie, it's not free (only costs like a dollar) but you can find it on youtube (in parts)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ueEf...e=channel_page

America: Freedom to Fascism
                        sigpic
                        All good things must come to an end.

Comment

I saw zeitgeist a while ago. The only part that really interested me was where they debunked Christianity, talking about how it's just another sun-god religion. The rest of the stuff I already knew a lot about and had an informed opinion or just didn't care.
                          (ZaBuZa)>sigh.. i been playing this game since i was 8... i am more mature then ull ever be...

Comment

Now both movies are good, but i must remind you that the second one ignores the fact that zero-point free energy exists and all the points about alternative energy in that movie are moot and the wrong path

we simply dont have time for all of that, the world is far too over populated for our current methods of energy generation and deserves to have a zero-point free energy generator in every home and car, not wind, solar, ocean, geothermal but FREE ENERGY ZERO-POINT.

if you recall, before these movies came out, i posted a thread entitled "Jesus Christ is a hoax, irrefutable proof".

Comment

the "venus project" is bullshit, apparently this guy thinks that the current economy prohibits technological innovation, and claims that profits are bad for tech development

even karl fucking marx wasn't that stupid
                              NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Working...
                              X