Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twdt 2009

So Who's Runnin it , when and who wants to play.. discuss

I will volunteer to run it, I can't do any site work, but I can come up with the league rules and league structure. I think if Izor works with me in this we can come make it even better this season especially in the way that trades were made and players were valued.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

I think Kthx and myself can come up with some sort of system that makes sense as far as trades and player values. Ideally we'd have the assistance of someone like Ardour who is running TWLM if they'd be willing to, as adjusting multi-league players' values will be difficult to figure out. Also, we'll need javs, basers, and most likely other duelers to assist in setting players' original values.
      I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
      I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

I just talked to Ardour as well, he is willing to work with me and Izor in this to create the websites needed to run this league. I am hoping that maybe The Unliked One can work with Ardour to get up some really cool banners and posters like we had for last seasons on the site.
        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

I have some ideas that need to be sanity checked but I offer hope and change to TWDT

Comment

In
            1:megaman89> dont leave me

1:megaman89> great
            1:megaman89> made my gf emo
            1:requiem> LOL
            1:Ri$e Again$t> /wrists
            1:megaman89> not gna buy me food for a week now
            1:megaman89> jesus fuk
            1:Chief Utsav> this is me
            1:Chief Utsav> caring
            1:megaman89> gna starve

1:Cig Smoke> what u noobs talkin bout
            1:Sauro> its an a b conversation cig smoke
            1:Cig Smoke> and im about to (C) ur way outa here
            1:grandmastahs> LOLOL

Comment

In. I can assist with opinions if needed. (played enough recently to know about current tw players)
              1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
              JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
              1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
              http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

i ran it last time, i can still admin the site, help w/ rules, and do some work, but i can't carry the league entirely like last time. the rules i have now are a nice base of operations if you guys wanna build on em that is fine, just throw some credit my way. i hadn't heard anything from staff in months so i put this on the backburner. just let me know if anyone needs me.

Edit: oh yeah, i also admin this section of the forums, so yell @ me if you need me to fix shit up on forums
                TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
                TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
                Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
                - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
                Originally posted by kthx
                Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

Well Basically PL said that Me and Izor with the website help of Ardour could run this league this year, obviously Summa you are going to remain a pretty core component of this being that you are the only one who has ran this before. I would really like to get your thoughts on our ideas, rule changes, trading changes etc before we put them into practice. Anyone else who wants to help, basically get with me and izor in game as we can run ideas for how we want this league to work past you, and also eventually we will need help with basing and javs player values (think we can handle warbird). Going to go ahead and keep this thread as a sorta news outlet to what is going on in terms of preparation of this league and to let you know our thoughts and ideas to the point once they are better collected (probably by next weekend)
                  Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Not in if Izor helps run this league, we need someone who thinks about the zone more than his skill in wb. Someone who cares more about the life of TW rather than how much more shit he can talk when he does good in TWLD.

hope you read this izor, even tho i doubt you will change your ways.

my vote doesnt go for izor running this, at least kthx contributes to TW instead of constant shit talking during the week.

people with power in this zone need to have an attitude adjustment, you really cant run your mouth to your benefit and expect ppl to still have respect for you.

I could almost guarantee the people who like izor are quicksand players, and heavy players.

Fix your attitude, then maybe ill consider writing you a good review.

On the other hand;

kthx is a good choice, he cares about TW and obviously wants to help the zone. Ardour of course is a great person for the site as well. Hope TWDT is as fun as it was last season. I also hope the people who choose the captains use their brains and dont elect egotistical 14 year old kids (cripple, cough cough (love you.)).

Need people to run this who actually care about this zone and are willing to take the flak the community will throw at them. HMS today hosted the wedding in ?go wedding. Yes, people gave him alot of shit for it, but what they failed to notice is that the arena was swarming with activity and people were constantly trying to enter the arena.

Kthx and Ardour are good choices, izor....you need to change your attitude 180 degrees otherwise your ego will just get in the way of a good idea/league.
                    zidane> big play
                    Omega Red> dwop sick
                    mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
                    WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
                    1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

Originally posted by Izor View Post
                      I have some ideas that need to be sanity checked but I offer hope and change to TWDT
                      this just proves my recent post.

but im more than willing to help anyway possible.
                      zidane> big play
                      Omega Red> dwop sick
                      WillBy> ^^

Comment

:izor:hope you read my post in the twdt 2009 section, and actually listen to it instead of taking critiscm poorly <3
                        Dwopple> ?find kthx
                        Not online, last seen 46 hours ago
                        Next elim is starting. Last round's winner was Reserve! Type ?go elimbeta to play
                        1etroit> sup
                        (Izor)>why would i be mad about that
                        (Izor)>if people dont want my help then they dont want my help
                        :Izor:because youre going about this all wrong
                        (Izor)>but i have some good ideas that would be relatively ez to implement
                        :Izor:youve got an ego going into this, and thats how youre treating it
                        (Izor)>how so
                        :Izor:like its a privelidge for TW to have you run this, not a privelidge for you to run this
                        :Izor:its annohing
                        :Izor:like when you talk shit, every time i see you
                        :Izor:like during our dd vs quake
                        :Izor:you wouldnt stop running your mouth
                        :Izor:about how good you were
                        (Izor)>it is a privelege for tw :P if people didnt step up and help the zone nothing new or fun would really happen
                        :Izor:and how you were gonna stomp so and so this weekend
                        :Izor:...
                        :Izor:drop the ego man
                        :Izor:its annoying
                        :Izor:worse than eelam
                        (Izor)>i dont really care if wark runs it and just listens to all my ideas
                        :Izor:your ego is what hinders you man
                        Next elim is starting. Last round's winner was Democrat! Type ?go elimbeta to play
                        (Izor)>but since you are taking the effort to care i will share my ideas with you
                        :Izor:you obviously have the fire to run a squad, but the reason 90% of TW doesnt like you, is your ego
                        (Izor)>and you can take my criticism of last year hopefully in a positive way
                        :Izor:im sure your dieas are great
                        :Izor:but thats not what im getting at
                        (Izor)>well listen to me and then tell me
                        :Izor:i guarantee people would listen toyou more
                        :Izor:if you didnt put your shit where your mouth is
                        (Izor)>are you going to listen to me or just tell me what an asshole i am
                        :Izor:tell you what an asshole you are, because you dont care that you have a huge ego that kills your rep
                        :Izor:so whats the point
                        :Izor:thats like listening to a president who knows he doesnt know wtf hes doing
                        (Izor)>wark has a huge ego also LOL
                        (Izor)>i dont get it :P
                        :Izor:but he actually cares about this zone, and leaves his ego out of it
                        (Izor)>so if i actually care about the zone, and do things to help it, it doesnt matter because you've decided you already dont like me
                        :Izor:because you acknowledge your ego, and fail to change it
                        :Izor:youre set in your ways, which in turn sets me in mine
                        :Izor:90% of TW hates egotistical ppl
                        :Izor:eelam, izor, etc.
                        :Izor:i cant take ppl seriously if they acknowledge their flaws and fail to act upon them
                        (Izor)>ok, when you acknowledge that last year sucked, and listen to what i propose you wont be able to logically tell me I'm wrong about it
                        :Izor:if you read my post, you would have raed that i thought last year was fun
                        (Izor)>the ratings for players were broke, and free agents went for like 25*
                        :Izor:it probably just sucked because you didnt win
                        (Izor)>i did win :P
                        (Izor)>so gg
                        :Izor:nice, bringin the ego back $

.....seriously
                        zidane> big play
                        Omega Red> dwop sick
                        WillBy> ^^

Comment

and then:

(Izor)>so if i actually care about the zone, and do things to help it, it doesnt matter because you've decided you already dont like me
                          :Izor:because you acknowledge your ego, and fail to change it
                          :Izor:youre set in your ways, which in turn sets me in mine
                          :Izor:90% of TW hates egotistical ppl
                          :Izor:eelam, izor, etc.
                          :Izor:i cant take ppl seriously if they acknowledge their flaws and fail to act upon them
                          (Izor)>ok, when you acknowledge that last year sucked, and listen to what i propose you wont be able to logically tell me I'm wrong about it
                          :Izor:if you read my post, you would have raed that i thought last year was fun
                          (Izor)>the ratings for players were broke, and free agents went for like 25*
                          :Izor:it probably just sucked because you didnt win
                          (Izor)>i did win :P
                          (Izor)>so gg
                          :Izor:nice, bringin the ego back $
                          (Izor)>but, i dont like the fact that like 150 people signed up for it and only 70 max played
                          (Izor)>through all 3 leagues
                          (Izor)>its not what that league is intended for
                          :Izor:what doy ou expect with the amount of captains chosen?
                          :Izor:thats why there are limits on TWL rosters
                          (Izor)>well anyone is going to be competitive...
                          :Izor:because its simply impossible for everyone to get play time
                          (Izor)>it was a problem with the system
                          (Izor)>but where you're getting caught up is that you dont think I can logically take criticism to better something
                          (Izor)>but you dont know me
                          (Izor)>so it makes no sense
                          :Izor:95% of TW doesnt know you
                          :Izor:they only know your ego
                          (Izor)>im sure you never thought i was capable of a conversation past 'ez' or 'stfu newbie' either lol
                          :Izor:thats what ive been getting at
                          (Izor)>so? now you know
                          :Izor:exactly
                          :Izor:the other 94% doesnt
                          :Izor:so what makes you think theyll care?
                          (Izor)>and?
                          Next automated tournament is starting. Type ?go tourny to play
                          :Izor:lol dude.
                          :Izor:you obviously arent capable of running anything. good day.
                          (Izor)>??? ok then wark will and he'll just listen to what I say

PL, choose new people to run this league

honest ones.

thanks.
                          zidane> big play
                          Omega Red> dwop sick
                          WillBy> ^^

Comment

stopped reading after:

(Izor)>it is a privelege for tw :P if people didnt step up and help the zone nothing new or fun would really happen

^true someones got to step up
                            Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
                            2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
                            2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

what does my mocking of obama?

If thats how people feel thats fine by me lol. Last year was a step in the right direction with a rating system, but I dont like the fact that with all the people that signed up to play, not even close to everyone actually got to play. I dont think that was the intention of the tournament. Free agents going for like 25* (deez, zelazny) when 10 was the most people were worth preseason also doesnt really sit well with me. Also, jaa consistently sniping free agents like he was on ebay was pretty lame. I'll just throw out my first idea to fix the ratings now, since I've already been talking about it outside of these forums. We already have TWLM so using it for TWDT doesnt seem from the outside to be very unreasonable. Coming up with a system to combine players ratings in each leagues might be as simple as just adding them all together, and thats what they're worth, but it would take some testing to really see. Like last season, there would need to be a panel to come up with various players' values because a lot of people that would join havent participated in leagues. Player values would still change in this, and it could even be used to establish a baseline for TWLM next season. Theres plenty of other things I have ideas for that I thought were broken last season, its just that in the past instead of saying "hey newbie your game sucks for this reason" im offering to help fix it. But if you dont like it cause I called you ez after i beat your squad in TWL so be it

Comment

Working...
                              X