anti-warp in spawn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anti-warp in spawn

im surprised this havent been brought up before.

Can we make having Anti-Warp in spawn areas illegal? It's hard to enjoy a nice pub basing game when i have to fly all the way to flagroom instead of pressing F7.
    1 + 1 = 1

It rarely happens, and when it does, it makes an interesting game of "hunt the spid with anti"
    sigpic

Comment

It is pretty unusual for purepub. I think I've only seen one player do it on one day. Just get a warbird to troll spawn for him. Done deal. Warbirds that camp the bottom of the tube are more obnoxious in my book, since most people forget about shooting and watching radar while attached to the terrier.

Anti in spawn will be most effective near the center of spawn - the golden bar. The smart spider will know everyone is looking for him while heading north, so he will probably be a bit south of the golden bar. Seek your spider there. Also bear in mind that you may be able to escape the range of the anti and attach sooner if you fly away from base. It shouldn't be much of a factor in a basing game. It's more damaging in or near base because it makes the enemy terrs much more vulnerable.

Finally, antiwarp is a well-kept secret, so it's easy to know the handful of players who may be inclined to use it: skomes, sinning, AcidBomber (the one I've seen use it in spawn) and his aliases, maybe a few others...

If you're talking about pub 0, it's another matter entirely. Antiwarp in spawn (or anywhere else) is your friend. It keeps the levs and LTs in check, and forces them to fly or fight instead of just warping. More people need to use anti in pub 0. Spread the word. Just a few united spiders could cover nearly all the juicy LT shots. A single determined spider with anti can facilitate the death of an LT sooner than an army of warbirds. Someone needs to make the LTs die.

Die LTs. Die die die.
      Originally posted by Crunchy Nut
      2d spaceships nobody gives a shit

Comment

I don't see it as such a big problem that we need to make it illegal.
        Maverick
        Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
        Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
        Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
        Subspace Statistics Administrator
        Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

Never really thought of doing this... gonna start antiwarping spawn whenever I can now

Comment

Originally posted by Nockm View Post
            Never really thought of doing this... gonna start antiwarping spawn whenever I can now
            I think I'm just gonna follow you around in all of ur posts and reply with "LOL"

LOL

Comment

I've never once had an anti-warp problem in public in all my years, lol. A spider that bought anti is easy to spot and easy to kill.
              DELETED

Comment

It has been said a few times in this thread but as long as I'm logged in, I'll say it again.

Spiders who have antiwarp are easy to find and easier to kill.
                If you don't feel like hunting, just head E or W and attach 3 seconds later... unless of course you run into the spider. Then you should kill it.
                Less QQ More pew pew

Comment

antiwarp is really expensive compared to most other prizes. killing him once or twice will hurt his wallet enough to make him stop most of the time.

it's actually really handy to use WITH an LT because competing LTs can't warp away, and they are sitting ducks to your own levi's bombs.

I also think making it illegal will just cause confusion. Not a lot of confusion, mind you, because most people who know enough to buy it will probably be aware of any restrictions on its use.

However, when TW was down for a bit a month ago, and everyone went for their yearly EG shot, I was warned several times about using antiwarp in spawn.

didn't know it was illegal, didn't realize i was doing it (my motto is if you get free anti, use it), and didn't even see the first couple of warnings.

in sum,
                  i think it's just another nusiance for moderators to have to enforce this rule. it's pretty easy to figure out who has it, and pretty demoralizing to have to buy it constantly.
                  .fffffffff_____
                  .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
                  .ffffff|ff __fffff|
                  .fffffff\______/
                  .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
                  .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
                  .fffff\________/
                  .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
                  .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                  .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                  .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
                  .fff\__________/

Comment

We should submit this ticket to the Trench Wars Government, and the Subcommittee of Greens can make a decision. With a 3/4 majority vote it can pass to the overall TWGovernment to put a vote, where it will need a simple majority. Once this occurs, there is a 14-day opportunity to appeal the TWGovernment decision by the Trench Wars Judicial Branch.

RiiStar, can you please begin making the TWJB website? We will need to hold elections for TW Supreme Court Justices, who will serve 12-month terms.

Comment

Originally posted by Stompa View Post
                      We should submit this ticket to the Trench Wars Government, and the Subcommittee of Greens can make a decision. With a 3/4 majority vote it can pass to the overall TWGovernment to put a vote, where it will need a simple majority. Once this occurs, there is a 14-day opportunity to appeal the TWGovernment decision by the Trench Wars Judicial Branch.

RiiStar, can you please begin making the TWJB website? We will need to hold elections for TW Supreme Court Justices, who will serve 12-month terms.

They should serve life terms :P

And I'd like to see antiwarp as a green too, it's not like it'll even get used that often seeing as only spiders can use it.

I second the nomination to send it to the subcommittee on greens
                      .fffffffff_____
                      .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
                      .ffffff|ff __fffff|
                      .fffffff\______/
                      .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
                      .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
                      .fffff\________/
                      .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
                      .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                      .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                      .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
                      .fff\__________/

Comment

Originally posted by Stompa View Post
                        Scratch that. TW Supreme Court Justices are APPOINTED.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainPoopface View Post
                          antiwarp is a well-kept secret
                          LOL WHAT
                          Originally posted by Tone
                          It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                          Originally posted by the_paul
                          Gargle battery acid fuckface
                          Originally posted by Material Girl
                          I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

arrest anyone that uses the internet

Comment

Working...
                            X