?obscene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ?obscene

I think it's really something odd that a server feels the need to override an option that you specify in your client with something without telling you it's doing so.

Yes it can be contourned with the auto commands (or, in the case of those of us who don't just play TW, multiple profiles) and for users it is simply a "nuisance". The fact remains that not everyone knows about the situation and you find yourself having to repeat something three times to someone because you said a "bad" word in it and the other guy hasn't turned ?obscene off.

Why do I feel it's total nonsense? The ?chat's aren't at all affected by TW's specific settings and trust the choice in your client. These forums authorize the usage of bad language. Green staff messages about events occasionaly make references that are worse than seeing the occasional f,n or c word in chat (if of course, you concern is to protect the "innocence" of the TW population. Personally, I love the occasional strange announcement. Makes a change from the bland "?go javs - Staff <ER>").

If you really want to protect kids, have the option turned on by default in Continuum upon install so that someone can choose him or herself to have ?obscene off by default. Put the possibility of a parent password so that eventually they could choose to block the words from their kids, with an "Information for Parents" section on the TW and SS site.

But don't have a server over-riding options that we choose ourselves. The occasional swear can do the world of good, and swearing at your squad mates can make them realise how urgent a situation is.

As long as they can hear you.
    gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
    gravy_: Electric granny chariots
    gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

quiet you
    Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

Why? he's right

Comment

st_u

gg obscene
        1:koan> indy is like being skinny and liking weird music
        1:tRICERATOPS> just a bunhc of faggots is all being indy is
        1:koan> we cant talk about this infront of castro
        1:koan> he's going to see this and be like WTFZ im a skinny vegeterian white dude with selective music tastes

Comment

Re: ?obscene

Originally posted by GuruMeditation
          I think it's really something odd that a server feels the need to override an option that you specify in your client with something without telling you it's doing so.

Yes it can be contourned with the auto commands (or, in the case of those of us who don't just play TW, multiple profiles) and for users it is simply a "nuisance". The fact remains that not everyone knows about the situation and you find yourself having to repeat something three times to someone because you said a "bad" word in it and the other guy hasn't turned ?obscene off.

Why do I feel it's total nonsense? The ?chat's aren't at all affected by TW's specific settings and trust the choice in your client. These forums authorize the usage of bad language. Green staff messages about events occasionaly make references that are worse than seeing the occasional f,n or c word in chat (if of course, you concern is to protect the "innocence" of the TW population. Personally, I love the occasional strange announcement. Makes a change from the bland "?go javs - Staff <ER>").

If you really want to protect kids, have the option turned on by default in Continuum upon install so that someone can choose him or herself to have ?obscene off by default. Put the possibility of a parent password so that eventually they could choose to block the words from their kids, with an "Information for Parents" section on the TW and SS site.

But don't have a server over-riding options that we choose ourselves. The occasional swear can do the world of good, and swearing at your squad mates can make them realise how urgent a situation is.

As long as they can hear you.
          I 2nd this.

I usually remember to ?obscene 20 min into gameplay..
          Seat reclining knobs.
          By the time you crank it down, she's not horny anymore!

Comment

put ?obscene in your auto, ez pie
            Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

Working...
            X