Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• someone start a new mafia-game

i'm not moderating it.. i think..

i got some awesome ideas for it though. even to make a huge game more fun maybe!

if again 40ish people sign up: have like 4-5 mafiagroups of 5 each. now i hear you: that's fucking unfair for townies. well my idea is this: give the godfather the skill of recruiting (like cult leader) (or have a new role of mafia recruiter) then mafia can grow by recruiting townies! however if they 'miss-recruit' and target another mafia/third party; the godfather/recruiter automatically gets killed, and the mafia-group can't recruit anymore! (unless maybe they have an mafia usurper who could be considered to be 'next-in-line'?)

few options on what townies can be recruited:
    1) townies with invest./protect./killing role CAN'T be recruited, if tried, the godfather/recruiter dies. (only serves a purpose if mafia cop only gets 'townie/mafia/third party' on his investigations instead of the exact role). Also in a game with less townies than mafia; kinda fucks over those townies with a 'good' role.
    2) every townie can be recruited but becomes a regular mafia goon when recruited.
    3) special townies become the corrupt versions. for some roles this is simple: good cop becomes mafia cop, daytime vigilante becomes assassin. not sure what happens to special roles that don't exist in the mafia-camp, would be cool to allow for a mafia busdriver or mafia politician etc.

could be epic; everyone loves being mafia more than being a townie!

a new game should definitely start soon, these forums are boring the crap out of me (even more than the game itself)!

i am down to play....although it has only been just over 2 wks since the last one ended, maybe start it next monday.....when finals are over for me :O
    TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
    TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
    Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
    - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
    Originally posted by kthx
    Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Summa View Post
      i am down to play....although it has only been just over 2 wks since the last one ended, maybe start it next monday.....when finals are over for me :O
      this

Comment

I've been waiting for this thread for two weeks! :wub:

Bram, lets go over the gameplay of your idea. Assume 40 people, 4 mafia groups and 1 killing role (to be conservative).
        Night 1: 4 or 5 people dead without even getting to play - I'd be pretty pissed
        Day 1 + night 2: Another 5 or 6 people dead - not even enough time to read into people's posts and try to figure out where their alliances are
        --------
        Night 5: Game has ended with townies winning because mafia have killed each other off in a massive cluster fuck.

At first, I liked the idea but after I thought about it, I'd rather play as a townie in a normal game because I like to paranoia this game brings more than the ability to kill people.

I can't mod this round for the same reasons as above.
        Less QQ More pew pew

Comment

Now why would we have 4-5 mafia groups.. lol we only had 2 last time and that worked out pretty good. Just that death note issue <_<
          1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
          JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
          1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
          http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

no posts after getting killed. no death notes.
            https://soundcloud.com/annux-1/annux-relief

1:Wah!!>THE WAY I FEEL FOR YOUUU HOHOHOHOOH OHOHO
            1:Wah!!>OH OH OH OH OH OH OOOHH
            1:Wah!!>I dont worry cause
            1:soild <ZH>>EVERYHTINGS GONNA BE ARLIGFHT
            1:Wah!!>people keep on talking
            1:soild>they can say what they like
            1:Wah!!>ALL I know is:
            1:soild>EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT

Comment

Please do not use a setup where you've already spoiled some of it.

I wont moderate another round untill this forum has had a good and long break from that game, maybe I'll play this one if the mod uses a setup that is 100% secret and some cool players are in.
              Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

i thought of some new roles. necromancer and zombie.

after the first night phase and some people are killed, out of those people someone is randomly chosen to be revived back to life, except they are a zombie. they have to be pro-town and regular townies take precedence over special roles (i.e. if a townie, a mafia, and a cop were killed in the night-phase the townie would be revived into a zombie). to everyone in the town it would look just like a doctor had protected them that night-phase. the townie is notified that he is a zombie now. then the next night-phase the necromancer pm's the mod with who he wants the zombie to target. now i haven't really made up my mind yet but from there the target would either just die, or, have a fifty percent shot at becoming a zombie himself, creating a cult-scenario. the zombies would be able to be killed at night and hung during the day, whatever. if the necromancer dies, then the zombie gets to pm the mod with who he wants to attack. if there are multiple zombies, there can't be multiple targets, still only one target. if all of the necromancer's zombies get killed off, then the process starts over the next night-phase and one of the townies who are killed appear revived but are turned into zombies. if they were investigated by a cop they'd show up as third party.

for the game's sake the zombies would still be able to post and vote and shit. i think doctor's should still be able to protect against zombie attacks. however, i'm not too sure if zombies should be able to keep their townie-roles if they had them. i.e. a zombie doctor. it's up for debate though.
                Originally posted by turmio
                jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                Originally posted by grand
                I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

lets just stick to the roles from Noah's link http://mikeburnfire.sitesled.com/mscumB.swf

1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeenyuss View Post
                    i thought of some new roles. necromancer and zombie.

after the first night phase and some people are killed, out of those people someone is randomly chosen to be revived back to life, except they are a zombie. they have to be pro-town and regular townies take precedence over special roles (i.e. if a townie, a mafia, and a cop were killed in the night-phase the townie would be revived into a zombie). to everyone in the town it would look just like a doctor had protected them that night-phase. the townie is notified that he is a zombie now. then the next night-phase the necromancer pm's the mod with who he wants the zombie to target. now i haven't really made up my mind yet but from there the target would either just die, or, have a fifty percent shot at becoming a zombie himself, creating a cult-scenario. the zombies would be able to be killed at night and hung during the day, whatever. if the necromancer dies, then the zombie gets to pm the mod with who he wants to attack. if there are multiple zombies, there can't be multiple targets, still only one target. if all of the necromancer's zombies get killed off, then the process starts over the next night-phase and one of the townies who are killed appear revived but are turned into zombies. if they were investigated by a cop they'd show up as third party.

for the game's sake the zombies would still be able to post and vote and shit. i think doctor's should still be able to protect against zombie attacks. however, i'm not too sure if zombies should be able to keep their townie-roles if they had them. i.e. a zombie doctor. it's up for debate though.
                    Maybe there should be another role called "Wal-Mart" that protects against zombie attacks.

Comment

40 people is way to many, especially since 5 or 6 will just be inactive and not post
                      My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

lulz
                        Last edited by Xog; 03-26-2009, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Having played a total of 6 hours in 2 games, im ready for more mafia.
                          8:Lrim> you guys take this game too seriously

Comment

I am in
                            Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by raizin View Post
                              Having played a total of 6 hours in 2 games, im ready for more mafia.
                              LOOOOOOOOOOOL LL

ps. who was the ass who killed u round 5

Comment

Working...
                              X