President Obama on The Late Show with Jay Leno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• President Obama on The Late Show with Jay Leno

I thought the show went very well. It was nice to see a president be upbeat and loose. Obama Came off more like the average every joe, rather a president. I believe he is the first sitting president to this however.

Sorry for being so brief it's late and I must get to bed.. I just wanted to know everyone else thought. So..What was your opinion?
    Last edited by Soul Survivor; 03-20-2009, 12:50 AM.
    OBama/Biden 08

Originally posted by Soul Survivor View Post
    I thought the show went very well. It was nice to see a president be upbeat and loose. Obama Came off more like the average every joe, rather a president. I believe he is the first sitting president to this however.

Sorry for being so brief it's late and I must get to bed.. I just wanted to know everyone else thought. So..What was your opinion?
    People arent tired of that image yet? Hes the president not an average joe. Like coach K said, theres other things for him to be worrying about like the economy, yet over the past couple days hes been predicting the NCAA tournament and on the Late Show. But people would rather have that I guess than him worrying about you having a job
    I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
    I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

yo tell it to your blog
      can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

obama just sent kind greetings/a speech to iran for the upcoming of their new year - thats new.. o.o
        5:Kaiten> Flat out, life sucks =P
        5:VaGINa> ...Was your mom a Beaver, Cause Dam Girl
        5:Miami Chick> life is a chill boat ride with a couple of rocks and waterfalls
        5:Miami Chick> rofl
        5:Lumber> and a hurricane
        5:Kaiten> rofl
        5:Miami Chick> lol thanks lumber -.-
        5:Lumber> named Hurricane Herpes
        5:Kaiten> loooool
        5:Lumber> hahaha
        5:Miami Chick> l o l.

1:Mango.> i hit a black girl in the head with a bouncy ball today

Comment

I was thinking about making a thread about obama, but then I saw this one, so I might as well state my question here:

How has Obama been, in your eyes, Americans? We (at least in finland) don't get much news about him. What has he done good? What has he done bad? I'm curious what you all think.
          Originally Posted by HeavenSent
          You won't have to wait another 4 years.
          There wont be another election for president.
          Obama is the Omega President.
          http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

I gotta say it's been a huge relief to have someone who is articulate at the head of this country. As per his policies and what he's done: he hasn't really surprised anyone or done anything all that great. He's followed the traditional Democratic way of doing things by reversing a lot of Bush's policies. As for his action on the economy, there's really nothing to be said other than to wait and see. His approval rating is pretty high and will probably stay there for a while.

As for his Leno appearance, I thought he portrayed himself in just the manner a president should on a late night show. He was serious and upbeat about the economy. He was also able to loosen up and share some of his personal feelings.

Mitt Romney appeared on Larry King and disapproved of Obama's appearance saying that he needed to be focusing all of his attention on the economy. Although Romney could've said a lot harsher things, I was glad to see that a lead Republican was not extremely critical of the President. In fact he had good words to say about everyone...guess he doesn't want to burn any bridges before 2012.
            Ну вот...

Comment

It's way to early to make a judgment call on Obama. You can agree/disagree with his ideology but it's way to early to tell if what he's doing will either help or hurt the economy. But I think everyone, no matter what their political view is hopes that he will succeed. If he doesn't we're all fucked.
              (ZaBuZa)>sigh.. i been playing this game since i was 8... i am more mature then ull ever be...

Comment

A lot of the people did not like that he compared his bowling score with special Olympics.

I however found it funny and so true (god don't hate me)
                I found a nickel and I bought a fishing pole, Then I sold some fish, got a raft, fished more, sold massive fish, sold raft, bought a ship, hired a first mate (awesome), picked up a crew, won TWL.....

http://pirates.exquisitehosting.com/...ercules_02.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Izor View Post
                  People arent tired of that image yet? Hes the president not an average joe.
                  the amazing irony of this and 8 years of bush acting like the average joe are hilarious
                  My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

LOL bush acted nothing like Obama, trying to not have a dress code in the oval office for instance
                    I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                    I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

you're right he hasn't acted like Obama at all

which is why this is so refreshing
                      My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Yeah because Obama makes our economy getting worse so much cooler because he uses words like hope and change!
                        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

I don't get why people would assume that Obama (or anyone in charge) is not caring about the economy, or whatever important issues he/she should be caring about if he appears on some late night show.

Do you work 24 hours a day? I am pretty sure you watch tv or sit behind the computer posting stuff on the TW Forums, still there is stuff you should be caring about.
                          Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

they're trolling homie

Comment

Originally posted by Da1andonly View Post
                              I was thinking about making a thread about obama, but then I saw this one, so I might as well state my question here:

How has Obama been, in your eyes, Americans? We (at least in finland) don't get much news about him. What has he done good? What has he done bad? I'm curious what you all think.
                              From another thread

I havent been pleased with democrats thus far. You can say alot about the bush administration however one thing is still held true, at the end of his policy there was a democratic congress. The same congress who passed a bank bailout, same congress who passed freedom of choice act.

I dont even know why they are trying to put together a Comprehensive Health Reform Act of 2009. We all know how its doing in Europe and for those of you who dont... In Europe if you want to see a doctor it takes 2-3 weeks for an appointment. If you need surgery it takes years, some surgerys they wont even do. They dont treat for cancer unless its terminal. Its just a big joke of a system. (referring to the socialized health care)

Cleaner, Greener, and Smarter Act of 2009: A cap and trade scheme of the kind that results in industries locating to countries without cap and trade schemes and higher energy prices for the rest of us.

Restoring America’s Power Act of 2009: i.e. A return to Carter Era foreign policy.

Education Opportunity Act of 2009: More subsidies for teachers unions while our public schools continue to fail.

Stronger Economy, Stronger Borders Act of 2009: Amnesty III.

Fiscal Responsibility Act of 2009: Despite trillions in pork barrel deficit spending, the Democrats pledge fiscal responsibility.

Republicans are in no position to stop any of this. They should raise objections nevertheless and let the Democrats pass them on a party line, and let the Democrats own their failure. Meanwhile, the Democrat Senate takes up its first bill, which would spend a billion dollars to save 500 salmon and cutoff domestic energy production in Wyoming. Change you can believe in!
                              Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
                              2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
                              2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

Working...
                              X