X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cure for death?

My thought, driven by marijuana:
    What is death?
    Our human bodies are nothing but a network of organisms that all for some reason connect. When our network is somehow currupted, we die. Like say, I get shot in the heart. My heart can't perform its duties, pumping blood. BUT, if we make a heart transplant, and somehow start that 'system' up (in a way, hack the body) is it feasible that we can bring someone out of death?
    Its like a computer. It runs when everything is connected, but if u disconnect one important thing, the whole computer stops running. and replace the piece, you can bring it back to life.
    If a person is dieing of old age, is it possible the only reason is because some process in the brain stops working after such a long time? If it is, is it possible to have brain surgury to fix it or replace it, and start the 'connection' again?
    Did I just cure death? Is it really this simple?

Read this when you're sober.

Comment

Originally posted by Xog View Post
      My thought, driven by marijuana:
      What is death?
      Our human bodies are nothing but a network of organisms that all for some reason connect. When our network is somehow currupted, we die. Like say, I get shot in the heart. My heart can't perform its duties, pumping blood. BUT, if we make a heart transplant, and somehow start that 'system' up (in a way, hack the body) is it feasible that we can bring someone out of death?
      Its like a computer. It runs when everything is connected, but if u disconnect one important thing, the whole computer stops running. and replace the piece, you can bring it back to life.
      If a person is dieing of old age, is it possible the only reason is because some process in the brain stops working after such a long time? If it is, is it possible to have brain surgury to fix it or replace it, and start the 'connection' again?
      Did I just cure death? Is it really this simple?
      Ok I just quoted this for posterity.

Also no, no you didn't just cure death.
      TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
      TelCat> hoes get paid :(
      TelCat> i dont

Comment

I mean, yea perhaps im confused, but don't we "live" by just having our body work the way it does? And we die when it doesn't? Could we just repair the part that's fucked up and come back to life? What's stopping this from happening?

Comment

I'm.. not quite sure what you mean by that, genocidal.

Comment

sigh why do you got to say this is driven by weed, can you stop giving all of us stoners a bad fucking name please.

On a further note, why don't you do a little research before you start saying shit like holy shit that must be it right?

Declaring a person dead is a very hard thing for doctors to do, because there is a fine line of what is considered dead, brain death, etc (I won't get into it)

There was a special on discovery health about preventing the body from dying. A doctor who saw that death is linked to the degeneration of your cells figured that if he can stop that division and slow it down by freezing the body to extreme temperatures, found that the cells stopped degenerating.

The problem he had though was when he unfroze the body, oxygen (that was giving the cells it's life force to multiply) became a poison. Instanteously destroying all the cells, killing the person. He found if he removed the oxygen mask the person would live longer. It got confusing after that, and it's still a working matter on figuring it out (hence all the sci-fi around cryogenic freezing, it's actually a procedure some ppl can do if they are dying, but it's not guaranteed, so they would have to wait later in the future, I.E. Vanilla Sky)

yeah, so next please just say your topic without saying oh god i'm high and i think like this because of it. Just fucking say what you want to say without the extra additives making you look dumber than you are, because in truth it's not changing who you are at all, which is saying a lot.
            sigpic
            All good things must come to an end.

Comment

Originally posted by gran guerrero View Post
              sigh why do you got to say this is driven by weed, can you stop giving all of us stoners a bad fucking name please.

On a further note, why don't you do a little research before you start saying shit like holy shit that must be it right?

Declaring a person dead is a very hard thing for doctors to do, because there is a fine line of what is considered dead, brain death, etc (I won't get into it)

There was a special on discovery health about preventing the body from dying. A doctor who saw that death is linked to the degeneration of your cells figured that if he can stop that division and slow it down by freezing the body to extreme temperatures, found that the cells stopped degenerating.

The problem he had though was when he unfroze the body, oxygen (that was giving the cells it's life force to multiply) became a poison. Instanteously destroying all the cells, killing the person. He found if he removed the oxygen mask the person would live longer. It got confusing after that, and it's still a working matter on figuring it out (hence all the sci-fi around cryogenic freezing, it's actually a procedure some ppl can do if they are dying, but it's not guaranteed, so they would have to wait later in the future, I.E. Vanilla Sky)
              like this is all common knowledge?

yeah, so next please just say your topic without saying oh god i'm high and i think like this because of it. Just fucking say what you want to say without the extra additives making you look dumber than you are, because in truth it's not changing who you are at all, which is saying a lot.
              i'll say it however i want. and im not saying "i think like this because im high" nor am I giving anyone a bad name in doing so. I smoke all the time, and a lot of my posts are usually when I'm high, I mention it ONCE and I get attacked by some ass that wants to tell me how to make my own posts. Go shove it up your ass, im not gonna do anything someone I don't know tells me to do. I like it my way, so shut ur face.

I'd like it if you'd stop being such an ass or just stop replying in this thread.

Comment

guys i do drugs lol k?

this is like when people post drunk

lololol guys im soOo dr3unk right now hahwahahahah!

hey what if we all breathed water, an d swam in air??!!1 like that shit is deep man uyou gotta feel me on this
                My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

I can recall you forum pming me to buy some shrooms down in o-town, so for someone who doesn't know me so well, you sure do know about my reputation

And I say that because we just had a whole thread about every reason why people think stoners are fucking idiots because you think that by adding I'm high that I need to post random shit.

I get high all the time too, and I don't find the need to act like every idea is a break through in science without even going to at least fucking wikipedia to look up the word death.

It's not common knowledge? It's not common because you don't take the time to look it up on the internet (WHICH ISN'T HARD TO GOOGLE, IT'S BEEN MADE EASY FOR US TO RESEARCH THIS KIND OF SHIT, IT'S NOT LIKE WE HAVE TO GO TO THE LIBRARY ANYMORE) instead find it necessary to post without having an informed opinion on the matter, instead let's just blame it on the weed.

God go fuck yourself till your anus creates a black hole and sucks you into nonexistence.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Xog View Post
                    I'd like it if you'd stop being such an ass or just stop replying in this thread.
                    and I contributed to your thread to your topic, so it's not like my post was complete troll asshole material you fucking schmuck

And what was your response?

like this is all common knowledge?
                    Exactly why you should fuck yourself with a dildo so fast that you break the sound barrier, ripping a hole in the space time continuum.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gran guerrero View Post
                      I can recall you forum pming me to buy some shrooms down in o-town, so for someone who doesn't know me so well, you sure do know about my reputation
                      I PMed you because I saw you lived in florida, where I was visiting. I believe I was talking to a few other people here on the forums about it too.
                      And I say that because we just had a whole thread about every reason why people think stoners are fucking idiots because you think that by adding I'm high that I need to post random shit.
                      I never said this, pretty sure you only assumed.
                      I get high all the time too, and I don't find the need to act like every idea is a break through in science without even going to at least fucking wikipedia to look up the word death.
                      And neither do I, and I wasn't too confident in thinking I "made a breakthrough in science" cuz if I really did, I would have used the internet to see if I was right, then, MAYBE post it on here. I was pretty sure there was something missing from the equation, which is WHY I POSTED IT. You really think I posted this here on the forums because I thought I made such a fucking obvious breakthrough in science? Stop kidding yourself, please.
                      It's not common knowledge? It's not common because you don't take the time to look it up on the internet (WHICH ISN'T HARD TO GOOGLE, IT'S BEEN MADE EASY FOR US TO RESEARCH THIS KIND OF SHIT, IT'S NOT LIKE WE HAVE TO GO TO THE LIBRARY ANYMORE) instead find it necessary to post without having an informed opinion on the matter, instead let's just blame it on the weed.
                      Blame what on the weed? Who's BLAMING anything? All I stated, blatantly, I smoked some weed, and while I was high I thought of this.

God go fuck yourself till your anus creates a black hole and sucks you into nonexistence.
                      lol that actually was kinda funny

Comment

he's right though, you didn't even need to mention you smoked weed or were high when you made the topic, especially after dumbshit Royce created his car accident of a pseudo-intellectual thread

its just as bad as when people "post when drunk" . No one cares if you were drunk or high when you made your shitty post, there's no need to tell us
                        My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Here's my thought, driven by my throbbing cock:

What is death? If I drew a mustache on my cat will it become a person? I don't know. Fuck off.

Coincidence? I think not.
                          Did I just cure death? Is it really that simple?
                          f

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Blue View Post
                            he's right though, you didn't even need to mention you smoked weed or were high when you made the topic, especially after dumbshit Royce created his car accident of a pseudo-intellectual thread

its just as bad as when people "post when drunk" . No one cares if you were drunk or high when you made your shitty post, there's no need to tell us
                            If nobody cares then why he hell is this such a big deal - most of the replies to this thread were about it. And apparently another thread which I've yet to read.

Comment

I stopped reading at "driven by weed"
                              DELETED

Comment

Working...
                              X