Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copying profiles, etc?

Hey,
    My current hard drive in my computer is dying, so I just got a new 120 GB hard drvie that I'm going to install very soon. I was wondering how I can transfer my Continuum preferences, profiles, macros, key defs, etc to the new hard drive. Are there specific files I can copy over once I install Continuum on the new hard drive? Thanks.
    Venice> yay sleuth!
    sLeuth> YAY
    sLeuth> <3 venice
    Venice> what is that 3 for?
    Venice> is that a pair of balls?
    Me> lol
    sLeuth> lol
    Venice> are you teabaggin me?
    Venice> jerk!
    Me> and actually, it's more of a cincinnati bowtie

I'm not sure how your computer works, but when I got a new hard drive for mine, when I installed it, It automatically swapped ALL my files to the new one, and then I just took the old one out. It may depend on which company's hard drive you got as well. I'm not really a tech support guy though, so hopefully someone more knowledgable will reply.
    5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
    5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
    5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

What you could do is use Norton ghost to send everything to the new Hard drive. Connect both HDD at the same time and boot with the Ghost disk in your disk drive.

Comment

Advice for those upgrading to 0.38, but who install to a seperate directory (or those who have HDD problems ) :

The directories are pretty self explanitory (yes my spelling sucks ) but heres a recap for those who don't know :

To avoid lengthy downloading copy the zones file from the original folder.
        To retain your custom graphics, copy the graphics directory.
        To retain your banners, copy the banners directory.
        To retain your favorite logs, copy the logs directory.
        To retain your screenshots, copy the screenshots directory. (Seems simple don't it?)
        To retain your skins for the front end of Continuum, copy the skins directory.
        To retain your custom sounds, copy the sound directory.

And finally the config files.

To retain your zone list, copy the zone.dat file.
        To retain profiles, copy the profile.dat file.
        To retain macros, copy the macro.dat file.
        To retain keyboard configurations, copy the keyboard.dat file.

You may wish to backup your profiles file occasionaly in case something would go wrong on your computer. With the new version of Continuum these passwords are hashed, but I don't know what the seed is so you'd best keep it in a safe place

Finally .. on another note .. there might be an add-on not mentioned in the whatsnew.txt. It seems that Continuum has neutralized the Kazaa problem. With Kazaa open and Continuum 0.37 I had 600 ping, yet with Continuum 0.38r5 I had 150 ping. I may be wrong (and I probably am) but will run some tests later.
        gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
        gravy_: Electric granny chariots
        gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

Guru dropping technical bliggie on the table.
          Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Originally posted by ConcreteSchlyrd
            Guru dropping technical bliggie on the table.
            gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
            gravy_: Electric granny chariots
            gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

Working...
            X