PDA

View Full Version : TWDT 09 Captains

Summa
05-17-2009, 09:40 PM
I received 16 applications for captainship up to this point for 8 open spots. Pure_Luck rescinded his offer later, leaving me with 15 people who offered to captain.

Here are the captains that I have currently selected (They are debatable and if you disagree with some selections then please voice your opinion and why someone else should cap instead). These are not set in stone yet, but I will have the captains finalized by Friday, so voice your opinion now.

Captains:
Jaa - returning due to past success
Burnt - returning due to past success
Creature
Dead_Rain
Draft
Ignite
Ardour
i.d.

Other candidates who applied/alternates:
Geio
Thix
Hypocrit
Zizzo
spikey
Ison
cash.MONay
PjOtTeR
Lofty
scoop

Creature
05-17-2009, 10:11 PM
I suggest capping

I.d. instead of Apocalypse WOW!

Reasoning:

1.) Proven leadership abilities on Evil for I.d.
2.) Sufficient 3 league knowledge to captain all three leagues.
3.) Lack of 3 league knowledge by Apocalypse WOW!
4.) Most active TWD player (http://www.twdivisions.org/?v=stats&leagueID=&squadID=&sortby=games&sLimit=0)

Exalt
05-17-2009, 10:31 PM
I suggest capping

I.d. instead of Apocalypse WOW!

Reasoning:

1.) Proven leadership abilities on Evil for I.d.
2.) Sufficient 3 league knowledge to captain all three leagues.
3.) Lack of 3 league knowledge by Apocalypse WOW!
4.) Most active TWD player (http://www.twdivisions.org/?v=stats&leagueID=&squadID=&sortby=games&sLimit=0)

agreed, and I.D. plays all 3 leagues and knows players far better then that player

Also, no creature no victory!

Jeenyuss
05-17-2009, 11:00 PM
i agree that i.d. should replace someone there, but not apoc. apoc's a sensible guy and should stay a cap. i think draft should be removed due to mental retardation though.

Pressure
05-17-2009, 11:02 PM
Not doing that whole 'sub captain who isn't sufficient' thing again, please remove me from the list.

Apocalypse WOW!
05-17-2009, 11:06 PM
Guess we know who I'm not drafting. I'll pick one hell of a team, thanks.

Jeenyuss
05-17-2009, 11:11 PM
hey i'd like to say that dr and i are now co-captaining our twdt squad, thanks.

besides draft i can see everyone else being dedicated enough to cap their squads well.

PH
05-17-2009, 11:16 PM
jesus christ what are you doing

remove dead_rain and draft

Scoop
05-18-2009, 12:01 AM
Draft will do good. Put him as captain.

Creature
05-18-2009, 12:03 AM
Draft is more committed and will do better than either WoW! or Dead_Rain.

Reasoning:

1.) kid plays 24/7
2.) plays jav and base alot, knows everyone there. has enough knowledge of warbirds to differentiate better than D_R or Apocalypse WOW!
3.) cares more about his ego and his glory than anyone else here so definately will put in the effort to get his players to come to the games and win for him so he can claim CAPTAIN OF TWDT TEAM AND WINNER.

End of discussion.

Draft
05-18-2009, 12:23 AM
i agree that i.d. should replace someone there, but not apoc. apoc's a sensible guy and should stay a cap. i think draft should be removed due to mental retardation though.

Lets be serious for a sec here, apoc knows whats going on in basing only, players that are jav/wb would rip on him for sure the second he does something wrong.

As for me, I know you hate me but it shouldnt be a reason for you to put me down as captain. I've helped out ease enough with thunder throughout the season to know what I am doing as captain.

I know what I am doing in all 3 leagues, most players in all 3 leagues would recognize me.

Apocalypse WOW!
05-18-2009, 12:35 AM
Lets be serious for a sec here, apoc knows whats going on in basing only, players that are jav/wb would rip on him for sure the second he does something wrong.

As for me, I know you hate me but it shouldnt be a reason for you to put me down as captain. I've helped out ease enough with thunder throughout the season to know what I am doing as captain.

I know what I am doing in all 3 leagues, most players in all 3 leagues would recognize me.

I appreciate your obvious concern for my feelings. I've already got one (soon two) assists picked out from those divisons who will be advising me. Just because "Thunder" isn't in my roster history doesn't mean I won't put together an excellent team. So pick your team and I'll pick mine. If we're judging depth of knowledge I'd say I've got close to the best knowledge of basing of the caps, although with jeeny promising himself to D_R I might be at a disadvantage there.

ignite ignite
05-18-2009, 03:35 AM
Personally, I'd like to see cash.monay given a chance. Hmm.. yeah. Take out creature.

ignite ignite
05-18-2009, 04:20 AM
On a more serious note. Let Apocalypse Wow! captain, it's good to have captains with knowledge from all the separate leagues. It will help create parity in the league. He's one of the most active basers and I vouch for him. Right now, we only have dead_rain as a baser identifiable captain, so let Apocalypse Wow! do his thing.

Dreamwin
05-18-2009, 05:23 AM
lol, dont cap draft if u want good league.

Zizzo instead of draft.

Draft
05-18-2009, 09:41 AM
dreamwin you going to back that up or your just going to leave it as that?

we already know you hate me cause I start over you, so your opinion is biased. (menel coming next?)

tragiK
05-18-2009, 11:01 AM
Personally, I'd like to see cash.monay given a chance. Hmm.. yeah. Take out creature.

seconded, creature claims himself to be a 3 league beast, but seeing as how one player can only play in two leagues per week, and taking into account his embarrassing loss to me in wbduel, his usefulness is severely limited. i mean, have you SEEN him base weasel? horrendous.

on the other hand, creature, should you choose to give up your captain spot to someone clearly more suited for the task (cash.monay), i can guarantee you a top5pick on the return of top5squad, soon to be enshrined in the top5legacy of twdt.

Scoop
05-18-2009, 01:31 PM
seconded, creature claims himself to be a 3 league beast, but seeing as how one player can only play in two leagues per week, and taking into account his embarrassing loss to me in wbduel, his usefulness is severely limited. i mean, have you SEEN him base weasel? horrendous.

on the other hand, creature, should you choose to give up your captain spot to someone clearly more suited for the task (cash.monay), i can guarantee you a top5pick on the return of top5squad, soon to be enshrined in the top5legacy of twdt.

true creat isn't good at anything really ;)

PjOtTeR
05-18-2009, 07:55 PM
I also applied for captain...
Or are you that afraid that I will pick the worst and most crappy players out of the bunch and still manage to become triplets because of my awesome managetorial and capping skills...

Summa
05-18-2009, 07:58 PM
I also applied for captain...
Or are you that afraid that I will pick the worst and most crappy players out of the bunch and still manage to become triplets because of my awesome managetorial and capping skills...

damn i totally missed you...will throw you on the consideration list, feel free to make a case for yourself instead of someone else

HateTheFake
05-18-2009, 08:11 PM
pjotter instead of ignite

better history with twl, and more liked by a bigger base of players

Lofty
05-18-2009, 09:30 PM
Never heard of Dead_rain or Draft

Downfall
05-18-2009, 09:38 PM
Captains are looking good. Apoc should be cap. I think Ison should be put in the cap list also. For either creature or ignite because I cant see ignite captaining a team where he isnt paying all the players so that they listen to, or do what he says. As for creature, not sure but I dont think he is cap-material.

not in game
05-18-2009, 10:03 PM
Personally, I have nothing against ignite. But there is a large player base (and growing) in TW that does not want anything to do with ignite. Most likely, a sizable portion of TWDT applications will not play if drafted by ignite, which could cause some complications, and possibly hurt the league.

PaulOakenfold
05-18-2009, 10:35 PM
Never heard of Dead_rain or Draft

Draft is Phizey. Been around for a while.

Draft would be on okay captain. He knows a lot about basing and javs. No one is a 3 league know-it-all in my opinion, maybe with the exception of Burnt, so not knowing birds isn't a handicap for him It's not like he can't have someone aid him in picking.

Dead_Rain isn't captain material in my opinion. He's been on Evil and Fury for only for about 4 weeks. That doesn't qualify him as knowing anything about the two other leagues that aren't basing. Sure, he could have some advise him, but then you're talking about possibly taking two people that you almost HAVE to draft onto his roster (who may even be picked by another team before he can draft them), and that's spelling trouble.

Burnt and Jaa are dead on. They did a great job with their teams and both know a good amount about all the leagues.

Apoc will run into the same trouble that DR has, but I think he's active enough at the moment to take a good look at the competition in the next couple of weeks to have a good feel for things. Plus, he's a part of Pandora, which has been a fairly active javing squad, he at least has a head start on looking for good and active javs for his team.

Ardour is solid, and is a close contender to Burnt for wisdom on the current 3 league scene.

Ignite is a bit too controversial in my opinion. I don't think money should be involved with trades, and I think (for the most part) people would like to keep it that way this tournament. He could very well not involve money in the league, but he hasn't made a decent squad that hasn't involved money to date.

Creature has picked up his activity, and has a solid grip on TWDD and TWJD.

I'd take I.D. over Ignite or Dead_Rain. Zizzo is right behind her, and he should be considered.

Downfall
05-19-2009, 12:37 AM
In ignite's case

1. He would make a super team of his quakers which would give good competition

negs: Not many newer people would be played and the team would be a fukn mess. Except for quakers.

I think people basing on who should be captain on their knowledge of the 3 leagues is off. More important is the personality of the person and if he/she can mesh with people and be cool with them. Even if a person doesnt have knowledge of all 3 leagues they have chats.. and other people to ask and help form the team. Once the team is formed if this cap has a nice personality and the team likes him I dont see why they wont help him/her make a good lineup for the team.

PaulOakenfold
05-19-2009, 01:06 AM
Okay, so that brings one person into question then Downfall: Phizey. He's 14 years old.

Enough said.

ignite ignite
05-19-2009, 01:46 AM

I'd take I.D. over Ignite or Dead_Rain. Zizzo is right behind her, and he should be considered.

Also, I personally advised the entire draft last year for Jaa's top5squad and they made the finals in every league and won basing. Shut the fuck up, you flaming forum tool. And since when is Burnt an authority on javs? Please.

Exhibit A = Activity and knowledge:

http://twd.trenchwars.org/profile/1138/stats

Exhibit B = Fuck off. I'm #1 popular. http://gallery.trenchwars.org/show_images.php?id=410

This is a huge fail. And what are you guys talking about a large segment of the draft population that won't play if drafted by me? Huh? Where are you pulling this information from besides a rather dark and smelly orifice. There is noone that knows this game better than me. I'm the most active player. My squad is #1 in 3/4 leagues and rising in basing. Also, I'm #1 in games arranged and I have more games arranged combined than the entire (C)'s and (A)'s of quake combined. I pretty much single handedly recruited and find games for, each and everyday for the best and most dominant squad in TW. And you're telling me that you'd rather see i.d. captain?

Anyways, the overwhelming majority of people that have played under me, enjoy it. If you'd like I can get dozens of them to spam this forum.

Moreover, I'm bringing a ton of competition to this league by making every Quake player sign up for it and be active, otherwise they would have never heard of this league, DUE TO HORRIBLE ADVERTISEMENT. You all should thank me as plenty of Quake players will now be on your TWDT roster because of my vigilance.

and for the record there isn't anyone on Quake being paid... yet. We'll see when TWL comes around, and what the marketplace is like!

Turban
05-19-2009, 02:04 AM
Ignite is a good captain -- he's active and seems to know what he's doing. I am confident that Ignite will build a good TWDT team this season. However..

Why.. oh god.. WHY CREATURE? :fear:

tragiK
05-19-2009, 02:05 AM
the only people that actually hate ignite are newbie basers, paladen newbies, and otherwise people who "play for fun". the same people who have been playing for 6 years but never had any talent so they have to use "fun" as their excuse. those who are actually good (read: the ones who get drafted in twdt) have no issue with ignite because while very few will acknowledge his skill in playing the game, everyone should recognize that nobody else puts the time and effort into assembling lineups and running squads like he does.

seriously, last season i played in like 3 throwaway rounds, and we had the best regular season rec by far and were in finals for all 3 leagues. ignite was a big part of that - that's two players whose primary job was to run the thing and keep it together, two slots that could have otherwise been occupied by contributing players. and yet, we still did the best.

so yea, ignite deserves to be cap.

With Ease
05-19-2009, 02:22 AM
I think you're making this into a big deal when it shouldn't be one. All of the selected captains should be fine. Phiz may be immature but he knows who's good and who isn't. Ignite cares a lot about this game (probably too much) so I fail to see why he shouldn't be a cap. If people refuse to play on his team then they shouldn't be playing TWDT in the first place. It's a fucking DRAFT league. When NFL players get drafted by a team they hate, do they refuse to play? NO! (unless they are Eli Manning). They know what they are getting themselves into. Plus, for those of you with serious issues regarding the captains...if you hate them that badly then I can assure you it's probably mutual and you won't get picked by them.

ignite ignite
05-19-2009, 02:29 AM
Plus, he's a part of Pandora, which has been a fairly active javing squad, he at least has a head start on looking for good and active javs for his team.

Man, don't listen to anything this guy says. I'd rather have T0NE advising us who should be captain. Pandora? An active jav squad? they aren't even on the fucking ladder because they haven't jd'd in ages.

PhyRe
05-19-2009, 03:26 AM
ignite should cap IMO! The Sham Wow guy agrees too!

i also agree with turban's post

PaulOakenfold
05-19-2009, 11:13 AM
Man, don't listen to anything this guy says. I'd rather have T0NE advising us who should be captain. Pandora? An active jav squad? they aren't even on the fucking ladder because they haven't jd'd in ages.

A couple of seasons of LJ would disagree with you, and he's been with them all of them.

PaulOakenfold
05-19-2009, 11:20 AM
hey fuckers, you know what great advertisement is? "hey, i like you, ?chat=corvez." yea motherfucker, that's how a real captain does shit.

PjOtTeR
05-19-2009, 12:47 PM
Phiz may be immature

We dont want captains that are immature, so cap me instead of this dude since im as mature as the wrinkled cunt of the nurse from the church of fudge...

ignite ignite
05-19-2009, 05:07 PM
A couple of seasons of LJ would disagree with you, and he's been with them all of them.

What does a couple of seasons of LJ (not last season) have to do with the player base and the draft base that we have now? There are many new faces and players in the constant cycle each and every season. This one is no different.

PaulOakenfold
05-19-2009, 05:09 PM
What does a couple of seasons of LJ (not last season) have to do with the player base and the draft base that we have now? There are many new faces and players in the constant cycle each and every season. This one is no different.

You're missing the point, he's better than Dead_Rain.

PaulOakenfold
05-19-2009, 05:18 PM
and for the record there isn't anyone on Quake being paid... yet.

You proved my point. People don't have to be paid yet, for money to be involved.

Exalt
05-19-2009, 08:27 PM
I appreciate your obvious concern for my feelings. I've already got one (soon two) assists picked out from those divisons who will be advising me. Just because "Thunder" isn't in my roster history doesn't mean I won't put together an excellent team. So pick your team and I'll pick mine. If we're judging depth of knowledge I'd say I've got close to the best knowledge of basing of the caps, although with jeeny promising himself to D_R I might be at a disadvantage there.

if you cant figure out who is good by yourself then you shouldn't be a captain of a 3 division DT team, simple as that. I.d. can do all 3 and knows players from all 3, simple as that.

Exalt
05-19-2009, 08:30 PM
Personally, I have nothing against ignite. But there is a large player base (and growing) in TW that does not want anything to do with ignite. Most likely, a sizable portion of TWDT applications will not play if drafted by ignite, which could cause some complications, and possibly hurt the league.

agreed, almost no one likes ignite except for the few on quake, and even they cannot stand him without the money

don't cap ignite, he was a failure in every other squad until he paid players to join

ignite ignite
05-19-2009, 08:57 PM
You proved my point. People don't have to be paid yet, for money to be involved.

Exactly. Because I take your arguments very seriously. In fact, I'm already arranging an undergroud chat with Dead_Rain and Apocalyse WoW! where we will trade players for money.

ignite ignite
05-19-2009, 08:59 PM
agreed, almost no one likes ignite except for the few on quake, and even they cannot stand him without the money

don't cap ignite, he was a failure in every other squad until he paid players to join

This is guy is an incredibly reliable source and a bastion of popularity in TW. I'd like to present you with his extremely gorgeous looking self and his comments on TW gallery http://gallery.trenchwars.org/show_images.php?id=1989

Look how everyone just loves and worships, kisses his feet, and cries before his majesty Exalt.

not in game
05-19-2009, 09:14 PM
yo ignite, like I said, I have nothing against you. I didn't mean for you to take offense. You can't deny that there is a rather large number of players who dislike you.

Though, after reading

If people refuse to play on his team then they shouldn't be playing TWDT in the first place.
I agree with that, and thus remove all my qualms about having ignite as captain. and no, there is no sarcasm in that statement.

PaulOakenfold
05-19-2009, 09:47 PM
Yes, let's trust the guy that offered Underground $500 to dissolve Thunder before last season.

Vys
05-20-2009, 01:51 AM
I'm still spending your money ignite gotta love free 500 payments $$

Spikester
05-20-2009, 03:51 AM
Draft tourny!!!! cap me

Jeenyuss
05-20-2009, 10:08 AM
i agree, make spikey captain.

Jeenyuss
05-20-2009, 10:09 AM
for draft

Jeenyuss
05-20-2009, 10:16 AM
cause draft's an idiot

Draft
05-20-2009, 11:34 AM
We dont want captains that are immature, so cap me instead of this dude since im as mature as the wrinkled cunt of the nurse from the church of fudge...

Cause everything coming out of ease is true =)

and I just don't care what jeenyuss says anymore, it ends up going no where with this guy lol

PjOtTeR
05-20-2009, 11:46 AM

and I just don't care what jeenyuss says anymore, it ends up going no where with this guy lol

See...
How immature...
Cap me instead of Draft, cause ...'s are mature as can be...

Dreamwin
05-20-2009, 01:15 PM
I vote spikey or pjotter instead of draft. Spikey has good knowledge of every league so he would make a perfect cap.

Draft
05-20-2009, 02:23 PM

See...
How immature...
Cap me instead of Draft, cause ...'s are mature as can be...

That was immature?

dreamwin you going to back that up or your just going to leave it as that?

we already know you hate me cause I start over you, so your opinion is biased. (menel coming next?)

I vote spikey or pjotter instead of draft. Spikey has good knowledge of every league so he would make a perfect cap.

lol :)

Scoop
05-20-2009, 02:30 PM
I think the fact that huge newbies like dreamwin don't want draft to be captain should be reason enough to keep him as captain. He knows what to do, and honestly, I don't Pjotter to be captain because how is he going to take a draft tourny seriously when he doesn't take twlj finals seriously ; )

Jeenyuss
05-20-2009, 08:04 PM
make spikey cap!!

Chuckle
05-20-2009, 08:11 PM
i want to cap
reasoning id be good is because im asian (look how great jaa was) and i know all 3 leagues

and being immature is a terrible reason not to be able to cap...just look at ignite
draft has my full confidence

Lofty
05-21-2009, 01:30 AM
DRAMA WARz

Exalt
05-21-2009, 03:49 AM
This is guy is an incredibly reliable source and a bastion of popularity in TW. I'd like to present you with his extremely gorgeous looking self and his comments on TW gallery http://gallery.trenchwars.org/show_images.php?id=1989

Look how everyone just loves and worships, kisses his feet, and cries before his majesty Exalt.

ignite, I'm being honest, and trying to help the league, you are a good captain I'm sure for quake, but not for twdt

and it doesn't matter if people like me or not, I didn't ask for a captain spot for two reasons:

1. a lot of people actually do dislike me

and

2. i don't know enough about how good players are in basing/jav to qualify being a 3 league captain, I know wb very well, but that's about it

Ignite I have more experience then you, and yes I have captained squads before. The point is that you really have not been successful until you paid players for quake, and you have a lot of enemies. People won't want to play for you, and you saying "i want to pay so and so" will not help the integrity of the league like this. Do want you want on your own squad, but don't screw up an entire league because your captain ego is that big.

This same thing applies to players like apocaplyse WOW!. He is a one league player, and even admits he does not know other leagues. He says he has advisors, but if that is the case then he should not be a captain. He should know his shit without the need of some advisor. Just saying.

I.D. is a 3 leaguer who knows players from every league. She is very reliable, not emo, and every likes her. That's why I support her for that position really.

Ignite, I'm not knocking you on captaining quake, you are obviously doing a good job there, but I don't think you should captain TWDT due to your reputation. If people refuse to play for "captain ignite" and people start saying "ignite paid me to do this or that" even when it isn't true is enough to screw up the league.

Same thing for you apoc wow!. You are a good captain for your squad, but if you don't know all 3 leagues then let someone who DOES captain instead.

Apocalypse WOW!
05-21-2009, 02:27 PM
jesus christ what a dissertation

Are you this annoying in real life? Why do you really feel the the need to write a goddamn essay about why you don't think I should volunteer large chunks of my time to run an online draft tournament spaceship squad? Is it because you don't think I can use common sense to, you know, ask my friends in those leagues for advice and build a drafting strategy around their recommendations? This isn't rocket science, this is spaceships.

Oh, and why don't you let i.d. make her own case here instead of using how great at 3 leagues she is as an excuse to attack me?

Summa
05-21-2009, 04:00 PM
Oh, and why don't you let i.d. make her own case here instead of using how great at 3 leagues she is as an excuse to attack me?

There is a lot of push for i.d. to captain instead of a various set of people, but she has remained silent. I have kinda been waiting for her to make her own case if she really wants to cap. And most criticisms so far have been defamations of character and not actual attacks on capabilities. I don't particularly get along with all of the people that I assigned to captainship all of the time. I mean you can ask jaa, I yelled at him many a time last year for constantly pestering and annoying me. Not to mention jaa is immature at times, but he was the most successful captain last year. Attack capabilities and experience rather than insults on character. You should be prepared to play for someone and with people who you don't necessarily enjoy being around. That's part of TWDT playing with people whom you don't usually and interacting with new people.

Dwopple
05-21-2009, 05:21 PM
dam wtf? take pirates to their only LB final my first season as cap and i get nothin? weak

ignite ignite
05-21-2009, 07:33 PM
There is a lot of push for i.d. to captain instead of a various set of people, but she has remained silent. I have kinda been waiting for her to make her own case if she really wants to cap. And most criticisms so far have been defamations of character and not actual attacks on capabilities. I don't particularly get along with all of the people that I assigned to captainship all of the time. I mean you can ask jaa, I yelled at him many a time last year for constantly pestering and annoying me. Not to mention jaa is immature at times, but he was the most successful captain last year. Attack capabilities and experience rather than insults on character. You should be prepared to play for someone and with people who you don't necessarily enjoy being around. That's part of TWDT playing with people whom you don't usually and interacting with new people.

I.d. clearly lacks experience, we've just got one fanboy from her squad writing essays on this forum. She's been captaining for evil for a few months and has uhhh brief stint with Quicksand. That doesn't say much. I on the hand have been captaininf for 6 years in TW and made the TWLD finals last year and I was a big reason as jaa said that his TWDT squad was so successful last year. (They made all three leagues in finals).

Anyways, Patrick, you mentioned a lot 'push' for i.d. for captain. These people overwhelmingly share one thing in common. They are all on Evil. Duh... Hmm.... Wonder what that means...

Anyways, once again my squad is #1 or close to it in every league.
I advised jaa's top5squad to reach finals in every league and win basing.
Also, I'm a TWLD finalist.

If the best people can do when arguing against the reason I should be captain is say the same old cliche 'ignite pays people.' I'd like to say 'gg'.

ignite ignite
05-21-2009, 07:35 PM
yo ignite, like I said, I have nothing against you. I didn't mean for you to take offense. You can't deny that there is a rather large number of players who dislike you.

Though, after reading

I agree with that, and thus remove all my qualms about having ignite as captain. and no, there is no sarcasm in that statement.

appreciate it, wesley.

I.d.i.o.t.
05-21-2009, 07:56 PM
I haven't attempted to make a case because the way I see it, what is making a case going to do? I make a case and I get someone's captain position, resulting in someone not being too happy with me or I make my case and I don't get captain, resulting in me making a case for nothing. I've been told by a couple of people to make a post here though, so.. I said I was willing to be a captain and I didn't get picked, so someone must have thought that these other people were far more suited than me. I can't say that I agree with all of the people picked, but who knows? It still may make for an interesting TWDT. I enjoy playing all 3 leagues but I would not consider myself to be good enough in all 3 to call myself a 3 league player. However, I do think that I have a bit better of an understanding in all 3 leagues than some of these captains do, I won't say any names because I'm not here to put anyone down for what they may or may not know about the game or their knowledge of other players. I definitely plan on at least participating, whether it's as a captain or just a player. Either way, I'm sure this round of TWDT is bound to be a good one and with any luck it should make the game that much more fun to play. :gap:

Exalt
05-21-2009, 08:01 PM
Anyways, Patrick, you mentioned a lot 'push' for i.d. for captain. These people overwhelmingly share one thing in common. They are all on Evil. Duh... Hmm.... Wonder what that means...

Anyways, once again my squad is #1 or close to it in every league.
I advised jaa's top5squad to reach finals in every league and win basing.
Also, I'm a TWLD finalist.

If the best people can do when arguing against the reason I should be captain is say the same old cliche 'ignite pays people.' I'd like to say 'gg'.

ignite, most of them are not on evil, actually the only ones that are are me and creature, and i'm not saying she should be captain because I am on evil, I have known i.d.i.o.t. since before you even knew what subspace was

the point being, I already stated you are a good captain for quake obviously, no one can deny that, but when 90% of trenchwars hates you, and the only real claim to fame you have is that you paid players to join your squad for you, its pretty obvious you are a bad choice for TWDT captain

summa, I don't see how you can even think captaining him when most of the players on the forums say don't do it, except for the few people on quake

Ignite, be honest here. No one knew or cared about you before quake, and no one joined quake or paladen before that til the word got out you paid players to join... with that type of reputation you should already hang your head in shame, but apparently top8 college students are too ignorant?

jaa was a captain of quake, so of course he will support you for captain, but if no one plays for you then how does that help the league?

I also realize everyone's stance on saying "if they refuse to play fuck them" type thing, but you can't put the most hated person in trenchwars as a captain and expect good results in that category. You mine as well have vys as the new head staffer for cheating calls. I just think its ignorant to let him captain over people that are clearly more qualified and liked a hell of a lot more, and do not have stigmas attached to their names.

TWDT was a success last season because you had players interested in playing finally, and you had players as captains who were not hated. You put ignite down on that list and things might get iffy, just my two cents. Also, his claim to fame being "i took my squad to LD finals" is a joke when you realize he paid all his players to join. If I made a squad and paid all the powerhouse players to join, I definitely would win every league, not lose in the finals in one of them. Ignite is a disgrace to the game in the first place, so don't let him get more false ego by letting him ruin TWDT too.

Summa
05-21-2009, 09:08 PM
and you had players as captains who were not hated.

I don't mean this as an insult in any way, this is actually a stab at myself moreso, but I assigned dreamwin, vys, and thix as captain last twdt....

Exalt
05-21-2009, 09:19 PM
I don't mean this as an insult in any way, this is actually a stab at myself moreso, but I assigned dreamwin, vys, and thix as captain last twdt....

I mean maybe I'm wrong, but ignite is pretty hated. I guess I don't really care cuz I know he won't draft me unless he wants to do it and make me sit on the bench all season, thus trying to piss me off. Other then that, I just know a lot of people will not like him as their captain. Vys and dreamwin are not really hated nearly as much, and I was on dreamwin's team last season. Thix I don't know so much about. I just know ignite does not have too many fans.

ignite ignite
05-21-2009, 10:11 PM
Loool I love how Exalt types these essays up that noone even reads because whenever he tries to make a logical argument it's akin to the IQ of a ham sandwich. I could get a better opinion from this white ceiling above me.

As if Exalt's opinion matters to anyone enough for him to be an important arbiter in a situation. He's self-important. That's about it. Anyways, I've already made a more than sufficient case for myself. So I advise anyone that questions my ability to captain to read my previous posts because this thread is pretty much dead except for Exalt's failing attempts to make a coherent argument against me. What a cutie!

Exalt
05-21-2009, 10:15 PM
Loool I love how Exalt types these essays up that noone even reads because whenever he tries to make a logical argument it's akin to the IQ of a ham sandwich. I could get a better opinion from this white ceiling above me.

the time it took you to think of some bad ham sandwhich argument I had typed that essay

I can type a 10 page essay in 5 minutes bro, way smarter then you ever will be mr top8 college

ignite ignite
05-21-2009, 10:16 PM
the time it took you to think of some bad ham sandwhich argument I had typed that essay

I can type a 10 page essay in 5 minutes bro, way smarter then you ever will be mr top8 college

Ah, yes. We can all tell that you're a man of supreme intellect, superb speed, and incredible abs. Just look at his tw gallery!

Exalt
05-21-2009, 10:18 PM
Ah, yes. We can all tell that you're a man of supreme intellect, superb speed, and incredible abs. Just look at his tw gallery!

just look at yours, quit stalking my tw gallery you psychotic faggot

and yes, I am smarter then you ignite

money can't buy you IQ buddy

Scoop
05-21-2009, 10:51 PM
Let dwop captain for dr or apoc

PaulOakenfold
05-22-2009, 10:30 AM
. Anyways, I've already made a more than sufficient case for myself.

Not really. Every post you make lowers your chances of being a captain and concludes the fact that you are not captain material.

not in game
05-22-2009, 01:13 PM
This is almost becoming a Trash Talk thread.

Everyone, just let Summa do his thing.

Could you like, remove all the non-constructive bashing posts?

Downfall
05-22-2009, 09:21 PM
Ignite just wont let this go at least it shows he cares. Keep him cap. Only thing im worried about is if his whole team is quake oriented.. and everyone else sits and cries :(.

I have a feeling this TWDT is gonna be good. (no sarcasm)

ignite ignite
05-22-2009, 10:09 PM
Ignite just wont let this go at least it shows he cares. Keep him cap. Only thing im worried about is if his whole team is quake oriented.. and everyone else sits and cries :(.

I have a feeling this TWDT is gonna be good. (no sarcasm)

nah man, i want to win. i'm going to take the best players i can get, period. many of them may happen to be on Quake because we're #1 in javs and warbirds.

anyways, appreciate your support as always.

PaulOakenfold
05-22-2009, 11:29 PM
qq

nah man, i want to win, it makes me have an orgasm. many of them have been paid, period. many of them may happen to be on Quake because we're #1 in javs and warbirds because the top notch players are paid

Summa
05-22-2009, 11:35 PM
All captains have been confirmed as having accepted their captainship, and there has not been substantial evidence presented against any of the captains that were selected nor for prospective captains. These will be the 2009 TWDT captains barring any withdraws or extraneous circumstances.

PaulOakenfold
05-22-2009, 11:40 PM
shameful

Summa
05-22-2009, 11:43 PM
shameful

Honestly, if you aren't going to offer anything constructive to a league that you have neither signed up for nor are a part of, I will simply just delete your posts.

PaulOakenfold
05-22-2009, 11:50 PM
i did, so delete it as well as exalts and every post on this forum that involves ignite. go for it, folks.

Jeenyuss
05-23-2009, 12:25 PM
also delete draft's

Apocalypse WOW!
05-27-2009, 01:00 AM
Due to personal issues that are non-spaceship related, I have decided I can't devote the time necessary to spaceships this summer. Instead I am going to Guatemala and Vegas and will be generally going outdoors. Also, I have to fix the economy. I am still available for drafting though!

An invitation has been extended to i.d. to take my place - I wish her the best of luck.

My apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused humid - he's been really great about the whole thing.

Dreamwin
05-27-2009, 06:04 AM
cap spikey

Xog
05-27-2009, 09:57 AM
anything jeenyuss is on will lose

maketso
05-27-2009, 10:44 AM
8 captains and 0 javs 8/

PjOtTeR
05-28-2009, 03:34 AM
8 captains and 0 javs 8/

That's Why I should cap and not some lousy I.D..... and on top she's a girl, and lets be honest we all know girls suck at everything...
Even dicks.
Nuff said NT

Broly
05-28-2009, 05:10 AM
That's Why I should cap and not some lousy I.D..... and on top she's a girl, and lets be honest we all know girls suck at everything...
Even dicks.
Nuff said NT

THE LOGIC.

IT OVERWHELMS ME.

Summa
05-28-2009, 04:14 PM
i.d. accepted captainship in replacement of Apocalypse Wow!

Soilderz
06-06-2009, 07:38 AM
Even dicks.
Nuff said NT
This is a good post!