This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ease esc+q to avoid death in TWEL-D match

I don't believe Apok has a forum account so I'm going to be his spokesman.

Earlier today Ease was on his 9th life in a close TWEL-D match vs Apok. Apok had him cornered and on the run and he either spammed himself out or esc+q'd to avoid death. Upon returning "Ease> rofl", "Ease> k that was evil"

This shouldn't be allowed and Ease should automatically forfeit this duel for cheating to avoid death. This is akin to automatically forcing lag to gain an advantage which is highly illegal in leagues and results in a forfeit of the match and a potential ban.

Please address this staff. Broly, junior mod (a thunder member) answering Apok's call and saying it's okay to d/c yourself to avoid death, isn't okay.

YEAAA, apok would win anyways

Comment

Originally posted by ignite ignite View Post
      I don't believe Apok has a forum account so I'm going to be his spokesman.

Earlier today Ease was on his 9th life in a close TWEL-D match vs Apok. Apok had him cornered and on the run and he either spammed himself out or esc+q'd to avoid death. Upon returning "Ease> rofl", "Ease> k that was evil"

This shouldn't be allowed and Ease should automatically forfeit this duel for cheating to avoid death. This is akin to automatically forcing lag to gain an advantage which is highly illegal in leagues and results in a forfeit of the match and a potential ban.

Please address this staff. Broly, junior mod (a thunder member) answering Apok's call and saying it's okay to d/c yourself to avoid death, isn't okay.

First off, it wasn't a call. There was no call made by Apok. I was just observing the match. I told upper staff about the issue and directly from a dean's mouth I got "It's not illegal if he either forced d/c or actually had a connection issue. There's 3 lagouts for a reason. It's lame, but not illegal."

I don't know positively if it was a forced d/c or a connection issue, and i'm not going to declare which it was. I'm just here to tell YOU what I was told.

With that said, gg.
      Girl if it's alright,
      100%.

Comment

Wow, first off that is ONE side of the story. That never works ignite! U pro wallet! <3

Ease complained to me about how he was spammed and his computer did not respond, his computer according to him "Ease> my fucking pc locked." Apparently when whoever spammed him (he didn't mention the name) his computer froze. Ease hit alt+f4 to close his client so he can get BACK to the duel.

When ease returned to the duel, he happened to spawn right by apok when he typed !lagout.

Apok turned to ease, and headed towards him. Ease thought apok was going to fire, so ease took the shot by hesitance and panic... just ?go ufc and watch how many times ppl shoot each other from something like this.

ALso, because I don't believe in 1-siding shit because I won this league in TWEL 4 and I think it shold be taken more seriously, I will also add:

when ease came back, he also said in pub chat something along the lines of Ease> k that was evil and Ease> rofl

Shortly following that, Ease had pm'd me with obscenities simply because he was frustrated because he believed he thought he gave APOK a free kill. he didn't realize until later he wasn't killed during the lock up. According to Ease, he was also unaware of what exactly the score was because he was still mind-fucked when he was trying to figure out why is cpu locked after he was spammed, and what would happen to the duel when he returned to !lagout.

And like I said, he did not realize until after the duel was over, that I replied to him that he did not in fact give Apok a kill. I held off replying to let him know that until the end of the duel, I don't like pming ppl when they duel. I like to see a fair match.
        Last edited by Purple Heart; 06-08-2009, 11:31 PM.
        TWLD Finals Champion Season 12
        TWLJ Finals Champion Season 12
        TWEL Warbird Champion: Season 4

Primordial> How many time for ld

Comment

Since when has staff started hiring known cheaters to be moderators? I was part of staff when Jason banned broly for energy hacking in TWD, and now this guy is a moderator? He also has no clue what the fuck he is doing because he is breaking staff rules by taking calls about himself and warning people for non-racist remarks.

Whats next, Vys as mod? Fucking terrible show staff.
          4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
          4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
          4:Geio> DEEZ?
          4:Geio> LOLOL
          4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
          4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
          4:spirit> LOL
          4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
          4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

I'd like to refer to TWL guidelines on this:

Any Player found to be guilty of cheating to alter game play and to create an unfair advantage during a TWL match will be subject to:

A) Permanent suspension from Trench Wars Leagues participation.

B) Forfeit of all squad matches the offending player played in the week the offense was discovered.

C) Referral to League Operators and Trench Wars Moderators for immediate punishment including being banned from Trench Wars.

Furthermore, 5.02 Deliberate Lag
            If a participating player is, in the view of the referee or TWL Op, excessively jittery, blinking in and out, or otherwise showing signs of lagging that might be the result of an attempt to cheat, the person will be immediately reported to the upper staff. Further action may be taken in game by upper staff. Suspicion of cheating will be followed up and the consequences will be harsh.

Now simply because we do not have a guideline and rule written up for every man trying to bend the rules doesn't mean that it should be legal to do what Ease did in the duel, now should it?

A deliberate lagout should fall under the category of deliberate lag.

Here is a screenshot proving that Ease knew full well what he was doing was wrong: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=wjb37r&s=5

This isn't a 'lagout' this is a delibrate way of avoiding death and is deliberate lag and thus is a deliberate cheat. Do something about it, staff.

Comment

A deliberate lagout should fall under the category of deliberate lag.

First off, the d/c was not deliberate. Go read above.

You can't say it was deliberate, when it clearly wasn't! You can't just assume that it was...
              TWLD Finals Champion Season 12
              TWLJ Finals Champion Season 12
              TWEL Warbird Champion: Season 4

Primordial> How many time for ld

Comment

First off: I am not a dean Broly.

Second off: Although this seems suspicious, and even if proven that he intenionally dc'ed himself to gain advantage (which is lame), it breaks none of the rules. The closest it comes to is lag manipulation which doesnt seem to count here. If pulled in other leagues like TWL/TWD it has +1 in deaths. We can look at for next season. However TWEL allows for 3 lagouts, and the timing of it aside, it is a legitimate match. And the result stands.

-H.M.S. Stargazer

Comment

It was twel.
                  sigpic

1:Shaun> if my girlfriend had a dick
                  1:Shaun> mmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Scoop View Post
                    Since when has staff started hiring known cheaters to be moderators? I was part of staff when Jason banned broly for energy hacking in TWD, and now this guy is a moderator? He also has no clue what the fuck he is doing because he is breaking staff rules by taking calls about himself and warning people for non-racist remarks.

Whats next, Vys as mod? Fucking terrible show staff.
                    A lot of people have been banned then ended up becoming staff members. Nice to know you love me Scoop :wub:
                    Girl if it's alright,
                    100%.

Comment

Originally posted by stargazer. View Post

Second off: Although this seems suspicious, and even if proven that he intenionally dc'ed himself to gain advantage (which is lame), it breaks none of the rules. The closest it comes to is lag manipulation which doesnt seem to count here. If pulled in other leagues like TWL/TWD it has +1 in deaths. We can look at for next season. However TWEL allows for 3 lagouts, and the timing of it aside, it is a legitimate match. And the result stands.

-H.M.S. Stargazer
                      whoops, mean't Event Coordinator. Dunno why I said a Dean.
                      Girl if it's alright,
                      100%.

Comment

Originally posted by stargazer. View Post

-H.M.S. Stargazer
                        How can you say that lag manipulation doesn't seem to count here? It's not okay to force lag to gain an advantage that may or may not lead to a kill, but it's OKAY to force an immediate disconnect that will certainly save said player from a death? What kind of logic is this?

Comment

Originally posted by Broly View Post
                          A lot of people have been banned then ended up becoming staff members. Nice to know you love me Scoop :wub:
                          cheater
                          4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
                          4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
                          4:Geio> DEEZ?
                          4:Geio> LOLOL
                          4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
                          4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
                          4:spirit> LOL
                          4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
                          4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

Originally posted by Scoop View Post
                            cheater
                            REPLY OF THE YEAR.
                            Girl if it's alright,
                            100%.

Comment

Originally posted by Broly View Post
                              Oh yeah? Really? How many staff members are known energy hackers? Let's hear some names, smartass.

This guy is going around telling Trench Wars players that it is okay to be racist now because staff policy has shifted and he answered my help call saying that, so you can go check. He informed that you suffer from a 60 minute silence instead of being banned.

Does this 'Broly' realize the danger of telling people like me that try to bend the rules Trench Wars Staff Policy!

Furthermore he abuses and acts like a power hungry loser. Earlier in a jav event, I accidently tk'd during the tk watch mode and was put in spec. Shortly thereafter, Broly uses "RoboHelp> GG stands for good game or good going"

I wasn't aware that staff members were to use RoboHelp in order to harass and taunt trench wars players. As staff members you are supposed to be dedicated to this zone and it's players not enable cheating, racism, and harassment. Please suspend or remove Broly from staff. This is a bit off-topic so if need be I will create a separate thread for this.

Comment

Working...
                              X