Reactions to the Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reactions to the Draft

What Captain set their team up for success with their top 1-5 picks?

Creature (WOOT): Ease, Eelam, h0m0, Confluence, RaCka
    i.d. (Without Ease): Megaman89, Geisha, Raples, Caos, Peru
    Dead_Rain (Internet Predators): JAMAL, M_M God, FieryFire, bike, Spikey
    Burnt (Revenge): vys, menelaus, maketso, Dwopple, royst
    Ignite (PUMA): Turban, Raspi, zizu, ph, skepsis
    Draft (Ruby): Stayon, a2m, shayde, lockdown, deck
    Jaa (Top5Squad): scoop, Apok, poongoon, Evasive, Jones
    Ardour (Kobra Kai): Paska, Mattey, Jrahen, Vatican Assassin, Wax

Voth's Most Valuable Captain Pick:Creature
    Say what you will about Creatard, but he really set his team up for success with his first 5 picks. He accounted for all three leagues, drafting some of each leagues undisputed top players. He also saved himself some useless baggage by avoiding 1-league wonders. Granted, RaCka isn't much of anything but a warbird, but his other four picks are very versatile without losing much skill. Ease is obviously excellent in all three leagues, which gives them someone to rely on week in and week out. Eelam is arguably one of the top basers and javelins in the zone, so excellent job with the two league specializing there. h0m0 will add even more skill to their jav lineup, as those top three picks will probably be able to carry them to the TWDT-J title with the help of two decent additions to the lineup. Confluence is an above average player with above average lag that works to his advantage. You can put him in any league and count on him to get the job done. RaCka, I'm sure, was his 5th pick so that he'd have a player who could anchor their WB squad should Ease not be able to show or play the warbird match.

Thoughts/comments? Boring league if there's no discussion!
    7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
    Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
    TWLJ Champion Season 11
    TWLB All-Star Season 10
    Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

are h0m0 and poongoon oldschool players, or just aliased and if they are aliased who are they.

edit: lets add menelaus to that list.
    1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
    JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
    1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
    http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

i didnt get drafted.
      quitting ss then killing myself
      Warning: Disconnected From Server.
      paralyze> what is this, some sort of gay-out?
      paralyze> and nice try
      Sleuth> WTF
      Sleuth> OK QUIET
      JuNkA> LOL
      Sleuth> THOUGHTS COMING
      Sleuth> SHHH

Warning: Disconnected From Server
      Thoughts> u wish
      Sleuth> WHAT THE FUCK
      Vue> LOOL
      Sleuth> LOLOLOLOL
      Sleuth> ABBOT IS COMING
      Sleuth> QUIET

Warning: Disconnected from server
      abbot> ..
      Thoughts> LMFAO
      paralyze> ROFL
      Sleuth> stfu

Comment

Originally posted by Voth View Post
        What Captain set their team up for success with their top 1-5 picks?

Creature (WOOT): Ease, Eelam, h0m0, Confluence, RaCka
        i.d. (Without Ease): Megaman89, Geisha, Raples, Caos, Peru
        Dead_Rain (Internet Predators): JAMAL, M_M God, FieryFire, bike, Spikey
        Burnt (Revenge): vys, menelaus, maketso, Dwopple, royst
        Ignite (PUMA): Turban, Raspi, zizu, ph, skepsis
        Draft (Ruby): Stayon, a2m, shayde, lockdown, deck
        Jaa (Top5Squad): scoop, Apok, poongoon, Evasive, Jones
        Ardour (Kobra Kai): Paska, Mattey, Jrahen, Vatican Assassin, Wax
        Ardour definitely went the base route, picking 5 good or better basers.
        When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

Best 5 picks would imo be Ignite because Turban, Skepsis, Zizu are 3 great allrounders so he has a nice lineup right there for any league and each can replace others for weeks missed. Also picked Raspi who has lots of league experience so the pressure factor doesn't affect him as much and ph is the only shark who can pull off some of the bombs that he does (even if it is at the price of spid protection).

Also, up there in 2nd place would most likely be........Internet Predators in top 5 they got an awesome lineup for Javelin and Basing consisting of Jamal MMGod Spikey and Fieryfire. Slightly stronger in base than in javelin. Also got Bike who raped Last TWDT maybe DR was hoping this guy would carry him in the wb league :P
          1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
          JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
          1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
          http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

we are probably top 5 squad in tw
            TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mage View Post
              Ardour definitely went the base route, picking 5 good or better basers.
              yeah but they can all play other leagues, except vatican, so he did a pretty good job there.

internet predators will win all three leagues.
              Originally posted by turmio
              jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
              Originally posted by grand
              I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

mattey has been MIA for days, unless hes aliasing and hasnt told me >.>
                zidane> big play
                Omega Red> dwop sick
                mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
                WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
                1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

Took a quick look at what i think would be the starting lineups including the 6*(base and jav based mostly on * ratings, not sure about base ships) and came up with some favorites:

In order:
                  WB- WOOT, Revenge, PUMA
                  Jav- WOOT, Top5Squad, Without Ease (if they pick up another decent jav on FA)
                  Base- Revenge, Internet Predators, PUMA

Take with a grain of salt except i think WOOT has the best team by a good margin.
                  When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

Horray! Horray! Is there anything greater in the world than browsing through the forums @ 10:11AM when you haven't slept a minute? I bet not!

Now it's time to start typing (& reviewing) all the TWDT rosters and how I expect them to do this season, starting with..

WOOT's Roster (after draft picks):

PHP Code:
                    EaseEelamh0m0ConfluenceRackaFlaredDa1andonlyMenelvagorKawraeMHzZidaneViolencePureOwnagebrookusHigh TemplarNowyoudiecujiKarasuZycloncirclepusherPUNK ROCKAenemaKira_Yamato~, SnugzForfeit 
                    Creature (WOOT): The roster that you picked for TWDT looks okay but it's not that great when you think about it. You seem to have a lack of two (or three) league players that are good and consistent in their ships. This might be a major problem for you!

You have a great special ship user (Da1andonly) and two great terriers (Brookus and Kawrae) to pick from, but this is where the major problem comes: Where the hell are your spiders? You have Eelam and Ease, both excellent spiders (easily within Top 30 in my books), but other than that there are nothing worth mentioning. You have Zyclon and MHz as sharks, which is okay but nothing spectacular there.

Your TWDT-J lineup is at least a bit better than your TWDT-B lineup. You have Eelam, Ease, Flared, H0m0, Confluence, Da1andonly, Cuji and Nowyoudie to pick from. However if Ease doesn't show up for your matches then you might be in a big trouble..

Not sure which one on your roster plays warbird (besides Racka, obviously). If I were you I would try to either trade myself a few more warbirds (or) buy some from the free agency. :fear:

Without Ease's Roster (after draft picks:

PHP Code:
                    Megaman89GeishaRaplesCaosPeruYakuzaSauroGolden_AimCraniumPure_Luckjr5hypocritcyruswbmmilpitasKidzeebuLifterStruckFreddieValkerMenomenaMight 
                    i.d. (Without Ease): This TWDT roster looks slightly better than Creatures. You have good basers and warbirds, but your javelins aren't as great. You have a few players that are capable of playing in two leagues (or even three when playoffs begin), which is a good thing.

You have three terriers (yes, three) to pick from. Those would be Sauro, Golden_Aim and Pure_Luck. It's more than likely that at least one of them will show up every weekend for the matches. You have a few great spiders as well (such as Megaman89 and Raples, believe me or not he can spider!). But who would your sharks be? Might, perhaps? Or Menomena? Well.. it's not my problem.. Good luck with that!

In TWDT-J you have Megaman89, Raples, Golden_Aim and .. uh.. Hypocrit / Struck? Looks like it's stuck with three good players and two mediocre ones then. Megaman89 will be the one carrying in this league, if he doesn't show up.. ouch!

Now to your TWDT-D lineup.. you do have some great players (and a few laggots) that should do generally well in warbird (Peru / Caos / Megaman89 / Geisha). It's not the best TWDT-D lineup but it's still Top 3 in my books this season.

Internet Predator's Roster (after draft picks):

PHP Code:
                    JAMALM_M GodFieryFireBikeSpikeyRednaZCulexGueroHellkiteRickoRenziSphinktorSpezza <TW>, ShadowmereRasaqsaetepSalAttacksAmbrosiaCremationffeDownfallSarrowUsoiEl_Mariachi 
                    Dead_Rain (Internet Predators): You have a lot of great basers in your TWDT roster and a few great javelins as well (RednaZ, Spikey, FieryFire--), but I am not convinced about your warbird lineup.

You probably picked one of the best lineups for TWDT-B this season, as long as you terr yourself, that is! You have M_M God who can both basejav and shark, you have Spikey / Hellkite / Jamal / Renzi in spider and Downfall and.. erm? Who will shark with him? M_M God? RednaZ?

In javelin you have Spikey, Rednaz, FieryFire and Shadowmere. Nothing too stellar here, but should do OK.

You have some "good" warbirds as well, such as: Attacks, Guero and Bike. However I do not think you have good enough of a TWDT-D lineup to get in to the playoffs.

Revenge's Roster (after draft picks):

PHP Code:
                    VysMenalausMaketsoDwoppleRoystJeenyussZungRiversideCrippleGrimlicMisledKillExpAimbotAraSpaceshipAcidBomberDawkTrashervtEeks <ER>, Pressure DropMinotarOptimalAura 
                    Burnt (Revenge): Oh boy, where to start.. Probably one of my favourites to win a TWDT-B and TWDT-J title. Good roster, I have to say that!

In TWDT-B you have Jeenyuss / Dwopple as sharks (AcidBomber / Menalaus as backup). You have Zung, Royst and Cripple (+ Kill / Trasher as backup spiders) who are great spiders in my opinion. Now who is your terrier? Do you really want to count on AcidBombers suicidal terriering skills? Also-- who is your special? There's a 4 Spider Limit, remember!

Now, your TWDT-J lineup is very nice. You have Grimlic / Menalaus / Maketso / Exp and Ara. One of my favourite lineups to win TWDT-J, that's for sure.

You also seem to have a nice TWDT-D lineup, maybe not the best one there is but still a great one. You have yourself, vys, Riverside and vt.

PUMA's Roster (after draft picks):

PHP Code:
                    TurbanRaspiZizuPHSkepsisIzorLunch3StabwoundSargerGazoRepelShock TherapyPasconeCypreDeath RowFestivalBill CValholyTiduZChief UstavBoltPetalFooly Coolys.i.k., Shigs 
                    Ignite (PUMA): Overall it's a great roster.. as long as you skip the few last picks (Fooly Cooly, S.I.K., Shigs? WHO?). It has potential in TWDT-D and TWDT-B, but I do see a minor problem in TWDT-J.

In TWDT-B we have PH and Stabwound as sharks. Excellent sharking pair that have played together forever. We have one of the best terriers,Zizu (and Chief Ustav as backup terrier), and a bunch of great spiders that I look forward to play with (Lunch3 / Sarger / Gazo / Myself (?) / Repel / Cypre). Our special ship would most likely be a Lancaster (Raspi) or .. hmm.. Not sure what other options we have!

Our TWDT-J roster seems to be our weakness as well. We have Shock Therapy / Festival / Myself / Zizu / Bill C to pick from. This is not what I call a good javelin lineup, in fact it's far from it. Personally I do not think we stand a chance in TWDT-J this season, but.. perhaps I am just underestimating my fellow TWDT members. Who knows?

Now to warbirds, in TWDT-D we have Izor / Pascone / Skepsis / Death Row / Raspi. This is probably one of the top lineups this season, I just have to hope that Izor doesn't suicide out as usual..

Ruby's Roster:

PHP Code:
                    Stayona2mshaydelockdowndeckcuikillergtconcernDaldAnidaLifeSchopeQuartzkid kaosherbalist yangyunDuel PastaSuedenokkonenunderdawgValcristExaltWheenGolden DuckZazerickKentaroVue 
                    Draft: You have drafted (hah) a decent team, consisting of both laggots (Stayon / Dald) and good players.

In basing you have yourself in terrier (d'oh) and Duel Pasta / a2m as sharks. Your spiders (Suede / Shayde / Stayon / Wheen) are great and if you dare to add Dald in javelin, people'll just whine as you *CAN NOT* see his bombs until it's too late. I will give your basing lineup a solid **** stars.

In javelin you have a minor problem at the moment. You have Stayon, Daldur (Horray, lag detected!), Deck, Herbalist Yangyun, yourself and a2m (?). I just simply can not see this lineup to do well in TWDT-J, no matter how I look at it. Sorry, but I am giving you **½ stars.

Now lets see who you have warbirding! You have .. kid kaos? Exalt? Kentaro? Uh.. Not sure if I should continue. I'll just give you *** stars and leave it there.

Top5squad's Roster:

PHP Code:
                    ScoopApokPoongoonEvasiveJonesFluddunabledLocketApocalypse WOW!, zhouRemuZizzoHuntChildrenJethro TullOderOlivierRucciPoxyVothParadisesoilderzbeamMetalKidsquallff8 
                    Jaa (Top5squad): Your first 4 picks were from Quake? Interesting. Overall it's a great TWDT roster that has potential in every league.

In basing you have Scoop / Zizzo as terrier and Apocalypse WOW! / Olivier (+ Soilderz / Scoop as backup sharks) as sharks. You don't have the spider power in my opinion, only a couple of great spiders (such as poxy, scoop, zhou, voth). However-- you do have a "good" special (if you count "LAGGY" as "GOOD"). You have BrokenFist (Jethro Tull) who literally can tank 40 bullets and then shoot a warbird bullet through a repel and hit the terrier. I will give your basing lineup ***½ stars.

In javelin you have Evasive, Scoop, Fludd, Locket, Children, Hunt and Paradise. It's a nice lineup and you do have some good javelins to pick from. It's within Top 3 of the best TWDT-J lineups in my opinion, giving you **** for that.

Warbirds? You have Scoop, Apok, Jones, Jethro Tull and yourself. It's a nice lineup that can and will do somet damage. I'll give you.. hmm.. **** stars!

Kobra Kai's Roster:

PHP Code:
                    PaskaMatteyJrahenVatican AssassinWaxVashKimDreamwinIsonPjotterHermitHumidReferEvilDeedVehicleTurmioAbos24Auditnot in gamerekallDiakkaSuddenSieniTera 
                    Ardour (Kobra Kai): Basers, basers, basers, basers.. did I already mention basers? You have a lot of them, which can be a good thing.. if you only want to win one league and not even try to compete in the two other leagues!

In basing you have Dreamwin in terrier (always placing the portals in the same place and doing the same bursts, horray!) and Vatican Assassin / Mattey (active?) in sharks. You have a few good spiders (and a couple of campy ones, hi Humid!), such as Paska and Turmio (one of the best under spiders). You don't seem to have any "dominating" special ship users, but that's no big deal. I'll give your basing lineup a solid **** stars, as long as Mattey gets active, otherways you might have to shark Sieni!

In javelin you have Paska, Jrahen, Wax, Kim, Pjotter, 24, Tera and EvilDeed. It's a decent lineup, but I can't see it winning TWDT-J either. There are no stellar javelins in that lineup, none of them is going to carry nor choke bad. Giving you [b]***½[b] stars.

In warbird you have Vash, Ison, Paska, yourself (?) and some other mediocre warbirds. Another lineup I just can't see doing well. I'm feeling generous and will give you *** stars.

There you have it. My boredom has turned into geekiness.

(post scriptum: don't mind the typos. I couldn't care less about them and nor should you!).

Comment

That's a nice post Turban, missed it all, thanks.
                      Ara / AraGee / Death
                      SSCU Trench Wars Player since 1999
                      SSCU Trench Wars Staff since 2001
                      TWDL, TWL-B, TWL-D, TWL-J, TWDT-J Champion
                      ----------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Ara View Post
                        That's a nice post Turban, missed it all, thanks.
                        But.. I MENTIONED YOU ON TEHH POST! :fear:

Not that it matters. I am not expecting people to read it, I was just simply bored. That's all there is to it.

Comment

Good read turb :turned:
                          Retired SSCU Trenchwars Head Sysop

1:24> they'd rather add afks than me
                          24 is in for Freq 1 as a Warbird.
                          1:M_M God> gg

help: (renzi) (Public 33): is it possible for a washing machine to cause a wireless connection to lag?

Candy King, -C4L-

Comment

that quote of mine in your sig is so misleading.
                            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Didn't think I still had it eh? B)
                              Retired SSCU Trenchwars Head Sysop

1:24> they'd rather add afks than me
                              24 is in for Freq 1 as a Warbird.
                              1:M_M God> gg

help: (renzi) (Public 33): is it possible for a washing machine to cause a wireless connection to lag?

Candy King, -C4L-

Comment

Working...
                              X