Idea for scrimmages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea for scrimmages

In light of Jeenyuss' suggestion to set up bots to allow you to do this on your own, I attempted to come up with a viable option that would allow you to do this, with minimal work needed. (this still needs to be run by h.m.s. and staff to see if I am allowed to do this)

If your DT team wants to scrimmage another DT team in a particular league. You would simply need to contact H.M.S. or I, we will move a bot to the arena you want to scrimmage in, and a practice match will take place. The only ppl who can set these us are us two, and you would only be allowed to use players CURRENTLY on your roster, we will check to confirm. I believe each of us could only run one at a time, so it would be limited by people and our schedules, but I guess its better than nothing. I will talk to H.M.S. and staff and see if this is doable.

Thoughts?
    TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
    TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
    Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
    - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
    Originally posted by kthx
    Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

awesome idea

Comment

Originally posted by Summa View Post
      In light of Jeenyuss' suggestion to set up bots to allow you to do this on your own, I attempted to come up with a viable option that would allow you to do this, with minimal work needed. (this still needs to be run by h.m.s. and staff to see if I am allowed to do this)

If your DT team wants to scrimmage another DT team in a particular league. You would simply need to contact H.M.S. or I, we will move a bot to the arena you want to scrimmage in, and a practice match will take place. The only ppl who can set these us are us two, and you would only be allowed to use players CURRENTLY on your roster, we will check to confirm. I believe each of us could only run one at a time, so it would be limited by people and our schedules, but I guess its better than nothing. I will talk to H.M.S. and staff and see if this is doable.

Thoughts?
      It seems pretty pointless if you or HMS HAVE to be online. Either make it so that its automatic, or don't make it at all.

Also, why can't other staff do it? I don't understand that. Just set spec tasks to 10.

I mean, before twd was invented, we had private arena squad duels all the time. All you needed was a staff member from one of the squads to host it.
      RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
      RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

I think basing is not quite as easy as spec tasks to 10.

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
        It seems pretty pointless if you or HMS HAVE to be online. Either make it so that its automatic, or don't make it at all.

Also, why can't other staff do it? I don't understand that. Just set spec tasks to 10.

I mean, before twd was invented, we had private arena squad duels all the time. All you needed was a staff member from one of the squads to host it.
        When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

Yeah but it also isn't hard to spawn a matchbot and move it to a private basing arena for two draft squads, same for a wbduel bot if needed.
          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Automated would require bot crew to set up a new separate DB of bots like the TWD ones just for DT, which is a substantial amount of work on an already waning portion of staff that I would rather not tax.

The question of why not just another staffer. They don't get credit for hosting it in any way, and they don't know the rules of the league for sure. I would rather go with the 2 people I trust quite a bit after all we are both fairly available right now as the caps can attest to, bombarding me with questions. Who knows, maybe it will expand to all staffers can help, but for now I would like the startup to just be the two of us.

Automated or nothing? So you would rather have no benefit than just a slight one? I mean this is to help you out and get you guys coordinated a bit more. It is something out of gracious volunteering. I could very well do it like last season and say fuck it. Plus I feel people's TWD squads will take precedence over their TWDT affiliations.

Any other thoughts? It is just a little bit of a help, but a little is better than none right? Or else I can just trash it...less work for me, so idc.

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

- John F. Kennedy

Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

Good idea everything about seems good. = win
              1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
              JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
              1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
              http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

How would a Scheduled practice times be? Something like Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday? For 2-3 hours each day?

Comment

What a fucking nifty idea. I like it a whole lot and if you need help with anything let me know. Im all for this idea. Good work humid

Comment

Originally posted by Summa View Post
                    The question of why not just another staffer. They don't get credit for hosting it in any way, and they don't know the rules of the league for sure.
                    Ok, this statement right here shows why we need to axe everyone in staff. Yes, everyone.

They don't get credit for hosting it? LOOOL. WHY THE FUCK DO STAFF NEED CREDIT FOR DOING THEIR JOBS?

This is the stupidest fucking statement I've ever seen, and it pisses me the fuck off that you actually adhere to it. Staff don't need credit for shit. Axe them if they want credit for doing their jobs. Fuck them. You don't need "credit" to do things you are supposed to do and are hired to do. You probably would get a lot more support for this if you actually forced them to do something summa. Notice staff aren't helping you right now, and notice that TWDT is the best hosted event tw has beyond TWL, which staff constantly screw up. If you, as a non-staffer, make everything run for TWDT, which is played by a large majority of the population, and staff do not help you with it, then I'm pretty sure you have a lot of pull right now, and can get a lot of players pissed off at staff. Get on their asses and make them do their jobs.

If staff want to bring up the failed argument that "we don't get paid, whine whine complain complain" then axe them once again. Don't be staff if you don't want to do your job. Simple.

Oh, and if staff don't know the rules for the biggest league beside TWL, then once again, they need to be axed. Simple. If they cannot figure out what is going on in their zone, and what is important in keeping players in the zone, then they need to be axed. Simple.
                    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

humid is staff...
                      Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

Comment

It's attitudes like Exalt's which make staff not want to do their job.
                        1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
                        JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
                        1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
                        http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Downfall View Post
                          It's attitudes like Exalt's which make staff not want to do their job.
                          Which means they should be axed or quit. Hire people that want to do it then, since I know every time they get a list of applications it is a large amount of people.

ERs don't really do shit anyway, so make them host some TWDT practices. It takes 5 seconds to grab a matchbot and host a game. It isn't hard or time consuming AT ALL, and to be given "credit" to do something so simple is ridiculous. Who gives a fuck, just do it.

ERs host enough shitty events as it is, make them do something productive. They sure aren't creative with hosting a newly created event or hosting old events that haven't been played 30 times in a day. All our ERs are pretty much garbage right now anyway. Hire a few more then, and tell them to host TWDT.
                          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about, Exalt. :fear:

Comment

Originally posted by tragiK View Post
                              humid is staff...
                              I wasn't last year when I got this up and running, and I am currently temporary staff...I have not been confirmed that I am staying on after TWDT, I was mostly given the position so that I could host for TWDT and do the necessary alias checks, while also helping staff with help calls.

Exalt....you angry, and no I don't have a lot of pull in staff :/ I wish they all were willing to freely host TWDT, as you said, the longest part is simply monitoring the match, but the simple fact is that it doesn't add to their quota, which ER's struggle to meet monthly as you can see by the lack of constantly streaming events. If they found some was to add this to the ER quota like hosting TWDT official games is going to, then sure thing they would probably hop all over it. While I hate complacency to the extent you do and have already been @ two people's throat's in staff during my brief time with them, I believe you are missing my point a bit. This may expand beyond simply me and H.M.S., which would be lovely. But for say the first week or few days I would like to make sure everything runs smoothly by having the two people I trust most with TWDT monitoring it. If it is a success, we expand.

Now excuse me while I sort this bidding mess out.

- John F. Kennedy

Comment

Working...
                              X