TWDTJ Appeal: PUMA vs Revenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWDTJ Appeal: PUMA vs Revenge

First I'd like to cite: "If any appeals concern the TWDT Op or the team he/she plays for, they must defer to the secondary Op to make a ruling" (TWDT RULES).

So this appeal will be made to Humid as the head of appeals HMS Stargazer was overseeing this match.

"Filing appeals: Upon an event occurring that may have been the result of excessive lag, cheating, or a bot issue; please contact your host right away so that he/she can make note of it" (TWDT RULES).

A bot issue occured when the game was +1 Revenge. Very close. After the bot malfunctioned and broke down at this point our players looked up and thought that the round would be void. This reaction was natural as if a bot broke down during TWL it would clearly warrant a rematch. I recall during the TWLD semi-finals Quake vs. Pirates a bot
    malfunction occured and they restarted the round despite the fact the game was won by +13 points and the malfunction occured when Pirates had a -10 differential or so.

Given the fact that this game had only a -1 differential under the circumstance, we adamantly push for a replay of the match on a preset time agreed upon by both captains, a replay week at the end of the season, or a simple void.

Moreover, another critical error occured because of the bot malfunction. Now, normally when a player dies out all of his shots, bombs, etc are immediately removed upon automatically entering spectator mode. In this match, ceyve killed out Dawk and Dawk fired a slow bomb that killed him afterwards. This was because Dawk was still alive in the spawn zone when if a bot had been functional he would have been in spectator mode and his bomb removed immediately preventing ceyve's 10th death.

Although, the TWDT head of appeals and second most assistant to you was the referee of this game, I implore you to judiciate this match in the same manner you would all staff members who are equally inexperienced in handling extraneous situations such as this. We appreciate all referees for their time and energy put into this league and thank you no matter what outcome.

Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

hehe

Originally posted by ignite ignite View Post
          First I'd like to cite: "If any appeals concern the TWDT Op or the team he/she plays for, they must defer to the secondary Op to make a ruling" (TWDT RULES).

So this appeal will be made to Humid as the head of appeals HMS Stargazer was overseeing this match.

"Filing appeals: Upon an event occurring that may have been the result of excessive lag, cheating, or a bot issue; please contact your host right away so that he/she can make note of it" (TWDT RULES).

A bot issue occured when the game was +1 Revenge. Very close. After the bot malfunctioned and broke down at this point our players looked up and thought that the round would be void. This reaction was natural as if a bot broke down during TWL it would clearly warrant a rematch. I recall during the TWLD semi-finals Quake vs. Pirates a bot
          malfunction occured and they restarted the round despite the fact the game was won by +13 points and the malfunction occured when Pirates had a -10 differential or so.

Given the fact that this game had only a -1 differential under the circumstance, we adamantly push for a replay of the match on a preset time agreed upon by both captains, a replay week at the end of the season, or a simple void.

Moreover, another critical error occured because of the bot malfunction. Now, normally when a player dies out all of his shots, bombs, etc are immediately removed upon automatically entering spectator mode. In this match, ceyve killed out Dawk and Dawk fired a slow bomb that killed him afterwards. This was because Dawk was still alive in the spawn zone when if a bot had been functional he would have been in spectator mode and his bomb removed immediately preventing ceyve's 10th death.

Although, the TWDT head of appeals and second most assistant to you was the referee of this game, I implore you to judiciate this match in the same manner you would all staff members who are equally inexperienced in handling extraneous situations such as this. We appreciate all referees for their time and energy put into this league and thank you no matter what outcome.
          should just of bought me, wouldnt have had to appeal then as you would have won.

^-^
          admit it

I'm hot

twlj champ season 8
          twlb champ season 8 10 11
          twdtj champ season 3

Comment

cry?

Comment

Revenge was leading by one when the bot died

and then was down by 2 when we were told to continue playing.

The ref said it was gonna be hosted manually and the game went on.

You just lost

Comment

both teams had the same advantage/disadvantage, stop the QQ ignite, this isnt TWL, you dont get rings for winning this.

STFU and play
                zidane> big play
                Omega Red> dwop sick
                mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
                WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
                1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

Originally posted by Singer View Post
                  Revenge was leading by one when the bot died

and then was down by 2 when we were told to continue playing.

The ref said it was gonna be hosted manually and the game went on.

You just lost
                  ^ -_-

Comment

From what I have gathered (could be wrong) from ignite, burnt, and stargazer, is that there was a stoppage of play when the bot failure occurred and there was little to no fighting during this period. Stargazer decided to manual host the match and announced it. Upon receiving this announcement, no complaints were filed with the host. It seems that the complaints were filed after the match which seems to be a result based appeal rather than a bot malfunction base appeal. If the complaint had been registered with stargazer immediately stating that you did not want him to manual host, this would have been approved, but it seems to have been filed based upon end result. I would like to say that your silent agreement to stargazer's announcement essentially means that you willingly consented to the terms of a manually hosted match, in which there is human error and commands are not performed at instantaneous speed. These human flaws could have been equally detrimental to both sides, unfortunately in the case of ceyve, it was detrimental to PUMA's side. Ultimately I see this (sound like a broken record) as a result based appeal rather than an unwillingness to play in a manually hosted event. Thus I will have to Deny this appeal. Victory will go to Revenge.
                    TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
                    TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
                    Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
                    - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
                    Originally posted by kthx
                    Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

all you had to say was...

Comment

and...

Last edited by Singer; 06-30-2009, 11:53 PM.

Comment

TWLD CHAMP - STRAY (SORT OF)

Comment

and omg burnt just realized what your avatar is hahaha
                            1:Cape> is infrared the thing that microwave does?
                            Cape> i thought it was like u inferred
                            1:Cape> yo when u look up at the night sky and see billions of night stars
                            1:Cape> im like fuk it let this shit end

Tsunami> LOl
                            beam> stfu tsunami
                            Tsunami> yo this girl is dead up snoring
                            beam> ur blacker than tarcoal
                            Tsunami> should end her life while she sleeps

Comment

Originally posted by Summa View Post
                              From what I have gathered (could be wrong) from ignite, burnt, and stargazer, is that there was a stoppage of play when the bot failure occurred and there was little to no fighting during this period. Stargazer decided to manual host the match and announced it. Upon receiving this announcement, no complaints were filed with the host. It seems that the complaints were filed after the match which seems to be a result based appeal rather than a bot malfunction base appeal. If the complaint had been registered with stargazer immediately stating that you did not want him to manual host, this would have been approved, but it seems to have been filed based upon end result. I would like to say that your silent agreement to stargazer's announcement essentially means that you willingly consented to the terms of a manually hosted match, in which there is human error and commands are not performed at instantaneous speed. These human flaws could have been equally detrimental to both sides, unfortunately in the case of ceyve, it was detrimental to PUMA's side. Ultimately I see this (sound like a broken record) as a result based appeal rather than an unwillingness to play in a manually hosted event. Thus I will have to Deny this appeal. Victory will go to Revenge.
                              I don't know what Stargazer told you but my complaints to him were long before the match ended. He probably just chooses to ignore them because he doesn't like me. Whatever, though... it's not the first time a staff member has been crooked in TW and it won't be the last... and to everyone else that has chimed in:

Patrick, why did you go back to Stargazer's word on the match? It states clearly in TWDT rules that in the event in which a head official is the match referee, he should be completely eliminated from decision in the matter.

Comment

Working...
                              X