• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round 2 HOT or NOT

Week 2 HOT or NOT
    TWDTD

Hot:
    In TWDTD this week, tandems were hot. The Re-tards were hot for Kobra Kai as Rekall (12-9) and Refer (15-9) led them to victory over Ruby. It was close and Ruby showed well especially Unabled (13-10), but there would be no re-lenting from Kobra. In a battle of aliased Javs playing WB, poongoon held his own (11-10) but h0m0’s WOOT led by the dynamic, deadly duo of Creature (11-7) and Ease (13-6) took care of Top5Squad. PureOwnage had a slow start but recovered well in addition to a nice sub from pUNk RocK also in the most impressive victory of the week. Revenge also had a nice win this week over Internet Predators led by Vys (12-5 before he was mercifully subbed out) and Burnt (8-2), although Bike (13-10) stole the MVP with the only significant score for his team. Revenge led throughout and coasted thanks to a strong turnout as they started close to their optimal lineup. In the biggest upset of the week, Without Ease took out PUMA thanks to Kthx (15-9) and Caos (13-10) leading to a numbers advantage at the end (although the score was close).

MVP- Kthx carrying in the upset.
    Honorable mention- Ease doing his thing.

Not:
    It was a bad week for a few prominent trash-talkers this week as Exalt failed to prove how underrated he was by going 2-7 before winding up 6-10 while running outnumbered with Lofty. Pascone earned this week’s “first player out” honor and finished 3-10 as Internet Predators lost in a big way to Revenge. Captains Jaa and Ignite were forced to the space battlefield for their respective squads due to the no-shows of Chuckle and Apok (late arrival) and Guero and Lomoro respectively. Unfortunate for both sides as they both went decidedly negative. Sarrow also was a disappointing 1-6 in the loss by Internet Predators.

LVP- Pascone gets the edge for first player out
    Dishonorable mention- Ignite
    Last edited by Black Mage; 06-29-2009, 02:52 AM. Reason: giving more props
    When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

TWDTJ

HOT:
    It was a Hot Mess all over the TWDTJ3 arena as Mess showed why he was one of the most coveted free agents this year putting in a 14-2 beatdown for Ruby against Internet Predators. Stayon also contributed a very good 11-5 in the win. In what I thought would be a tough matchup of two of the better Jav teams, WOOT took care of business led by Flared 13-8. Top5Squad jumped to an early lead but after that it was all WOOT in a landslide. It was close early but Without Ease glided away from Kobra Kai due to the anything but gentle performance of Struck, laying down a 15-9 score. In an ironic twist, the match with the dead bot saw an Aimbot go 14-5 in ship 2 and lead Revenge to a fairly easy victory over Puma. That match has already been appealed.

MVP- Mess
    Honorable mentions- Aimbot, Flared, Struck for all carrying in wins.

NOT:
    TWDTJ4’s Matchbot died , but H.M.S. ran the show and manually hosted. We’ll see if the game is voided or rematched, but HMS is the master of appeals so he should have a solid opinion on what happened. Top picks JAMAL and FieryFire were led off quietly into the night by Ruby with twin scores of 2-10. Ouch. Kobra Kai put up a decent effort but falls to 0-2 in Jav. Top5Squad was one of the Jav favorites coming into the year, but they too fall to 0-2. They appear to be struggling to get their best Javs to show up each week. Puma’s century and ceyve were both promising free agent signings designed to bolster Puma’s jav team, but this week they both struggled along with the team.

LVP- Couldn’t decide between FieryFire and JAMAL.
    Last edited by Black Mage; 06-28-2009, 04:55 PM.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

TWDTB

Hot:
      In another week of blowouts, we didn’t see any games with the loser scoring more than 10 minutes of flag-time, which makes Hot or Not pretty straight-forward. Clearly, Puma is hot in basing. They moved to 2-0 with a dominating 15:00-1:17 performance. Zizu did not die once, as his team around him did their work with Beastie mvping in spider. Kobra Kai turned in a solid performance dispatching Without Ease 15:00-3:07. Dreamwin got the call this week instead of Vehicle and played solid for a nice rebound victory. Pjotter also deserves a definite shoutout for scoring 8 Terrier kills and several multikills in Javelin, and Diakka earned the MVP in spider. My favorites to win TWDTB Revenge pulled out the toughest victory of the week, beating a pesky Top5Squad 10:00 to 9:27 even without 65* Necromotic. Burnt turned in an 11:1 ratio in Terrier, and Vys one upped Jethro Tull as far as laggy WBs in basing go and turned in 10 Terrier kills to lead everyone this week. Cripple also turned in his usual solid Spider play and MVP’d. Lastly, Internet Predators won easily with an approximate score of 15:00-4:00. They never left the base although WOOT broke in a few times and took control of the flag. JAMAL once again MVP’d in Spider as Mikkiz played excellent Terrier with a 26-0.

MVP- In the closest match Vys put Revenge over the top with his Terrier kills
      Honorable mention- Zizu and Mikkiz; Cripple and Jamal.

Not:
      Stayon's lag is certainly Not after lagging out numerous times. This after he played a full jav match without lagging out. Ruby has a decent basing team on paper, but today they failed to show a full playable line, which is surprising considering Ruby's "Draft" emphasized basing. After a hot week last week, Terrier assassin Jethro Tull came up empty this week. Without Ease turned in their second straight poor basing performance, and the blame really goes all around. They need to step it up, but it’s the second straight week top pick Megaman89 has not shown up. Hypocrit had 11 team kills and only 1 TeK for Without Ease in javelin, and that won’t get it done. WOOT once again lost in basing to drop to 0-2. They struggled this week to find someone to special ship for them since Da1andonly's internet blew up.
      Last edited by Black Mage; 06-29-2009, 06:22 PM. Reason: a2m and da1 pointed out things.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

I like what you're doing!
        https://soundcloud.com/annux-1/annux-relief

1:Wah!!>THE WAY I FEEL FOR YOUUU HOHOHOHOOH OHOHO
        1:Wah!!>OH OH OH OH OH OH OOOHH
        1:Wah!!>I dont worry cause
        1:soild <ZH>>EVERYHTINGS GONNA BE ARLIGFHT
        1:Wah!!>people keep on talking
        1:soild>they can say what they like
        1:Wah!!>ALL I know is:
        1:soild>EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT

Comment

Just wanted to note we played 7v8 due to lagouts/lack of attendance aaaaaand sharks job isn't to kill :>
          Dice
          TWLB Champions Season 8
          TWLJ Champions Season 8
          TWLB Champions Season 10
          TWLB Champions Season 11

Comment

Nice having someone else do these, good reads black, and thanks.
            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by a2m+ View Post
              Just wanted to note we played 7v8 due to lagouts/lack of attendance aaaaaand sharks job isn't to kill :>
              At one point i wondered if you had 8... oops. Yeah that explains a lot. Merits an edit. I only mentioned the sharks because everytime i watched your team was stuck in the tube or failing to break through somewhere. The shorthanded fact explains that.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

Yeah I admit I sucked balls.

Was hungover as fuck. Woke up at 1 PM Eastern as was like "nah fuck it I got an hour." then woke up at 2:05 and logged on and got added. Didn't even get to take my morning piss lol

I didn't start getting kills til the end with me and lofty trying to go 2v5. Took it down to 2v3 but I missed a key shot that would've made it 2v2, and just went downhill with getting spawned out from there.

We should bounce back nicely next week though. We won javs at least
                RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

No sharks performances mentioned but then again i understand its hard for you to follow all the games well and you have to look on stats a lot too so its all good job!
                  https://soundcloud.com/annux-1/annux-relief

1:Wah!!>THE WAY I FEEL FOR YOUUU HOHOHOHOOH OHOHO
                  1:Wah!!>OH OH OH OH OH OH OOOHH
                  1:Wah!!>I dont worry cause
                  1:soild <ZH>>EVERYHTINGS GONNA BE ARLIGFHT
                  1:Wah!!>people keep on talking
                  1:soild>they can say what they like
                  1:Wah!!>ALL I know is:
                  1:soild>EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT

Comment

where's my 13-10 laptop wb performance mention!?

Comment

Originally posted by R o View Post
                      where's my 13-10 laptop wb performance mention!?
                      Wowowow? Ro got a pos rec? HOT HIM ALLRDY
                      - Zung

Comment

Originally posted by a2m+ View Post
                        at some points we were playing 6vs8 as both stayon and anidalife were lagging
                        help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

Originally posted by duel pasta View Post
                          at some points we were playing 6vs8 as both stayon and anidalife were lagging
                          Shouldn't have used such a high pick on a lagger (stayon) I mean didn't stayon miss all of twl last season due to his lag?

Comment

Originally posted by Soilderz View Post
                            No sharks performances mentioned but then again i understand its hard for you to follow all the games well and you have to look on stats a lot too so its all good job!
                            Yeah with 4 games going on at once i tried to watch each game for like a minute and then switch, using judgement if i felt a critical time in the match was coming. Hard to get a feel if the sharks are working in perfect unison, etc. from that. Its easier to see when a shark messes up than when it does its job. Its like being a lineman in american football.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

I'm just on my mobile reading these, they are a great read, thanks for taking time in doing this.
                              Oh and i got subbed out because gf was calling me, like half the game was still left lol
                              Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

Working...
                              X