PDA

View Full Version : Hot or Not Week 3

Black Mage
07-12-2009, 03:13 PM
BlackMage back with this week's Hot or Not. As always I'm not perfect and I have to try and watch 4 games at once so I'm bound to miss something or make wrong assumptions. But here I go:

TWDTD

Hot
Once again Unabled got a 13-10, his third straight at least +3, and the rest of his teammates stayed alive (including a solid performance by Exalt 12-9) in the upset by Ruby over WOOT. Ease with a stellar 14-10 MVP, but he was let down by a teammate that I will get to later to earn the loss. Do I have a man-crush? Only if it is proven that Ease is a man. Top5Squad showed perhaps their best line and took care of business with solid play all around, so I have to give Jaa credit for that after a rough first 2 weeks. Apok and Chuckle both recovered from tough starts, as Geio and DRow played well in an advantaged situation. Raspi gets a big shoutout for starting 11-6 while playing 4v5. “Caos never gives up.” So says Caos, as he recovered from a 0-4 start to finish with a 13-7 mark. Yakuza kept Without Ease alive early with a 10-6, but Caos and Kthx(11-7) helped turn around the game from losing slightly to winning fairly easily as Without Ease stayed undefeated. They have to be the surprise team of the league so far. Crunchy Nut started hot 9-2, but then got “spawned to shit” to finish 12-10 as Internet Predators took the loss. In the last game of the week, Revenge continued 3-league dominance with a close-until-the-end win over Kobra Kai. Vt played well throughout and MVP’d 14-9. Singer had a nice clutch sub of 5-1to put them over the top. Hermit played well for KK (starting 5-1), but was overwhelmed by the end.

MVP- “Caos always MVPs.”
Honorable mention- Vt

Not

A few captains get NOTs this week. WOOT added a non-rostered player in circlepusher (he had been dropped earlier) AND circlepusher went 2-10 in a game in which the other 4 players on his team got 8+ kills, double ouch. Speculation is that Creature was in China, asleep, but a captain should leave his assistants with proper instructions and an actual up-to-date roster. Ignite of PUMA gets a TWDTD NOT again this week since he had some lagouts/lack of show which forced them to play with only 4 players for a long duration, writing their own death sentence (although they, including Ignite, played admirably keeping the score to 33-30 until they could get a 5th in; it was a losing battle). The_Paul went 1-6 after arriving to seal PUMA’s fate. Refer was humbled and finished 2-10 this week after a HOT game last week. He didn't get much help from Ison, who got out quickly with a 6-10. I hate to pick on Pascone, but he had another poor performance this week. He started out 2-6 and finished 4-10 in a close game that didn’t finish that way.

LVP- circlepusher/Creature
Dishonorable mention- Pascone, Refer

Black Mage
07-12-2009, 03:13 PM
TWDTJ

Hot

In what I thought would be a much closer game, PUMA took it to WOOT with a two-prong blitzkrieg. Barely into the game it seemed, Shock Therapy got out with a hefty 15-10 while Evasive (picked up in a trade this week) was destructive with around a 9-5 (with a few TKs). He finished 15-6 (and 3 TKs) though failed to steal the MVP from Shock. Damnifier scored a 14-10 but didn’t get much help as Revenge improved to 3-0 and beat Internet Predators behind the twin carries of Aimbot (14-9) and Dawk (13-8). Without Ease slowly pulled away from Top5Squad thanks to good performances by Golden_Aim (12-5), Raples (13-5), and Struck (10-6). Golden_Aim started hot (10-3) and Raples sealed the deal (7-2 to end it). Overcoming an early deficit, Kobra Kai took control about halfway through and beat Ruby thanks to a nice turnaround from Turmio (1-3 to 12-7) and very good play by Kim (12-6).

MVP- Evasive for being destructive to all those around him.
Honorable mention- Raples, Kim, and Shock Therapy with all good scores in wins.

Not

WOOT got beat up overall, but struggled without around 3 of its starters, and suffered its first loss as a group. Creature/an assistant if hes still in China will have to get them refocused and/or get their asses online next week. PureOwnage (4-10) was the low totem pole in the loss, but zidane (7-10) was out first at a time just after Shock Therapy was eliminated when WOOT could have built some momentum with a number’s advantage. Crunchy Nut got off to a bad start (1-3) in Internet Predators loss. Also he finished badly (4-10). Note to Dead_Rain: He sucks at ship 2. Lifter went 1-5 before being subbed. Luckily, he had a triple-headed carry to lead Without Ease to the win over the newly depleted Top5Squad javelin wing. In that loss, Apok went 4-9. I don’t think that Jav is his ship of choice. Ruby fell apart as the game progressed, and it seems they were missing a2m who went positive the last 2 weeks for them.

LVP-Crunchy Nut’s (4-10) in the tightest loss of the week.
Dishonorable mention- Lifter, Apok

Black Mage
07-12-2009, 03:14 PM
TWDTB

Hot

I got some flak last week for not mentioning shark play enough, so I dub this week “Shark Week”. Internet Predators improved to 3-0 with an easy win over Kobra Kai (15:00-2:44). Big ups to midoent who managed 6 TeKs in shark. ‘Mal, multi MVP machine, made minced meat o’many men minus mondo mortality (41-3). In a second “game of the week” that was not very close, PUMA defeated Revenge (15:00-3:11). Bill C earned the mvp, and Zizu almost pulled off a second straight deathless week in terrier finished with a single death. That obviously says a lot about his sharks pH and Stabwound. Without Ease defeated Ruby (15:00 – 10:20) in the closest game of the week. The great gray shark Golden_Aim snagged the flag for the win after Ruby stole the flag with 4 seconds left and had begun a furious , but futile, rally. “Caos always MVPs” took home another one with a week high 111 kills in spider, albeit in the longest game. Pure_Luck also made a huge terrier kill with about 2 minutes left that enabled Without Ease to take final (almost) control and moved the squad to 3-0 for the week. Dald had a good game in Shark for Ruby, leading the week with 10 flag grabs. In the last game of the week, Top5Squad gained another win, defeating WOOT (15:00-6:37). The name of the game was Terrier kills as Top5 collected 28 of them, led by Chuckle’s 13. I would be remiss to not mention Apocalypse WOW! and Olivier, who did a good job keeping the aggressive WOOT terrier menelvagor from accessing the flag room and repping him Into great position to be killed.

MVP- As much as I want to give it to Caos, it’s Shark Week so I’ll give it to midoent.

Honorable mention-Chuckle, Jamal, and

Not

In perhaps the biggest Not news, PUMA slipped up once again. They played Bill C AND Zizu In all 3 games today, which are violations. We’ll see how the ruling comes down; they may just be ineligible for all of the next week, up to a maximum of both wins this week forfeited. A few squads struggled with their sharking in this most holy of sharking weeks, Shark Week. Kobra Kai struggled to find a second shark as Vehicle lagged out numerous. Soilderz eventually settled into that role, but he and his team could not get much going against a tough opponent. Burnt’s ire was invoked by his squad as several of his key starters including Jeenyuss (shark), Cripple, and zung missed the game. His 60* player Necromotic also was subbed due in part to lag difficulties. Stayon managed not to lagout, but Draft decided to go in a different direction to start with, before realizing his team was losing. Da1andonly is not hot this week with a 10:1 team kill to terrier kill ratio (and led the week with 10 team kills). WOOT couldn’t find enough ways to break through, switching their special ship repeatedly and even trying a double jav lineup as the game neared its end. Menelvagor played a very aggressive terrier (and I don’t think that’s his best ship...) and Creature wherever he is hibernating cannot be happy with the result.

LVP- Menelvagor with almost a 1:2 k/d ratio in terrier

Dishonorable mention- Ignite playing Bill C and Zizu in all 3 games, Da1andonly's teamkills.

Refer
07-12-2009, 04:03 PM
:wub:

Unabled
07-12-2009, 04:52 PM
Cant blame creature. He wasnt here he was asleep

Black Mage
07-12-2009, 05:52 PM
I think thats why I DO blame him. Unless he had a real good reason...

the_paul
07-12-2009, 06:56 PM
I was at work and therefore specced for the 4 lagout deaths

Black Mage
07-12-2009, 07:36 PM
I was at work and therefore specced for the 4 lagout deaths

But you did lagout once upon return and went 1-6.

Added last section and corrected a few things.

Unabled
07-12-2009, 08:28 PM
Hes in china right now. So the games were at what 3 am in the morning for him? And he has work at 8 sounds good enough to me

Black Mage
07-12-2009, 08:42 PM
Hes in china right now. So the games were at what 3 am in the morning for him? And he has work at 8 sounds good enough to me

Yeah, thats a pretty reasonable excuse but he should have given his assistants proper instructions...and maybe a roster? Or whoever is that assistant (I'm guessing Ease?) should have double checked on the website.

Chuckle
07-12-2009, 09:38 PM
Dishonorable mention- Ignite playing Bill C in all 3 games

he also added zizu in all 3...

Turban
07-12-2009, 10:33 PM
" .. If a player plays in all 3 league matches, the one with the largest margin of victory will be forfeited. In the event that he is the only player available, he may compete (barring it does not conflict with any other rules), but will then be unable to compete the next week entirely.. "

So, PUMA forfeits both of their wins this week? Gj.

Completely forgot that the draft matches was today. Just got home.. :(

PaulOakenfold
07-12-2009, 11:50 PM
All the sentences don't have to be in a single paragraph. I can't read those reviews easily.

Jeenyuss
07-13-2009, 12:31 AM
jeenyuss (shark)

Raspi
07-13-2009, 01:46 AM
I'll say this again:

if a squad is struggling to have 5 for dueling matches and 8 in basing, it shouldn't be illegal to have ppl play in 3 matches..hell it shouldn't be illegal in any case...stupid rule in the first place...ppl who can play all 3 well are really few in number anyway, is this rule in place because you want to limit their influence on games or because you want to make sure maximum number of ppl get to play? Lineups shouldn't be restricted in any way imo.

Also should have more room in roster for perhaps 6-7 level players just to avoid these situations where a squad is struggling to show enough players.

Which is better, a squad is struggling to field enough players and throws in anyone and doesn't pay attention to this stupid rule and tries to make the match worth playing?

Or realizing this and not fielding enough players, making the match obsolete for both teams and wheres the fun in that?

If puma gets punished because of this, this will probably mean whoever is playing puma next week in matches gets semi-free wins. No challenge = no fun.

Exalt
07-13-2009, 02:11 AM
I'll say this again:

if a squad is struggling to have 5 for dueling matches and 8 in basing, it shouldn't be illegal to have ppl play in 3 matches..hell it shouldn't be illegal in any case...stupid rule in the first place...ppl who can play all 3 well are really few in number anyway, is this rule in place because you want to limit their influence on games or because you want to make sure maximum number of ppl get to play? Lineups shouldn't be restricted in any way imo.

Also should have more room in roster for perhaps 6-7 level players just to avoid these situations where a squad is struggling to show enough players.

Which is better, a squad is struggling to field enough players and throws in anyone and doesn't pay attention to this stupid rule and tries to make the match worth playing?

Or realizing this and not fielding enough players, making the match obsolete for both teams and wheres the fun in that?

If puma gets punished because of this, this will probably mean whoever is playing puma next week in matches gets semi-free wins. No challenge = no fun.

why don't you make your great captain ignite do what everyone else does and make him recruit players that are actually active? This makes sense right? It sure does to me. I mean, I realize ignite doesn't know how to do this, because look at how fucked up quake is atm. I think there are no excuses for this, because you all knew the rules. You could easily trade for a lower tier player that is decent in wb or jav that will show up every week to start. It isn't that difficult, but ignite seems to be incapable when he cannot PAY for players to join. Go figure.

I think puma deserves whatever is handed to them, because you all knew better.

Burnt
07-13-2009, 02:32 AM
TWDTB
Dishonorable mention- Ignite playing Bill C and Zizu in all 3 games,

Good thing you weren't around last season when I broke similar rules and no one noticed :)

kthx
07-13-2009, 02:32 AM
I don't remember Raspi being as much of a whining cunt like five years ago.

Draft
07-13-2009, 02:44 AM

i just like to point this out

free wins = nono

Good thing you weren't around last season when I broke similar rules and no one noticed :)

i did, i was on ur team tho :(

Soilderz
07-13-2009, 03:36 AM
I will take the blame for KKs lost when i had to go 2 mins before game : (

Raspi
07-13-2009, 05:01 AM
I don't remember Raspi being as much of a whining cunt like five years ago.

You were a trashtalking nobody that tries to be funny but fails in the past and you're it still. Talk about progress.

I just think there should be a rule saying in case of lacking enough players otherwise, the limit of a player playing 2 out of 3 matches shouldn't be taken into account.

That is just common sense - would you rather take a free win or remove this rule?

How on earth is it whining to not want a free win either way? If it was other way around I'd like the opponent to field 5 in a dueling match and 8 in a basing match regardless.

Yes ignite could have done something about this, but the rule is stupid in any case.

Black Mage
07-13-2009, 05:13 AM
I'll say this again:
if a squad is struggling to have 5 for dueling matches and 8 in basing, it shouldn't be illegal to have ppl play in 3 matches..hell it shouldn't be illegal in any case...stupid rule in the first place...

Allow me to address some of the issues:

1) There is a roster minimum in place, which is 30 people including the captain (who should probably show every week). Note that this is a minimum and that the true maximum is 44 (only 12* free agents plus the captain). The minimum total number of people you need to show in order to play all 3 games without breaking the 3-game rule is 10. 10/30, with a two hour flexibility range if someone can't make the first game or oversleeps or something. Remember there is nothing limiting you to 30. (Also note that your captain is 34* under the cap, allowing the pickup of potentially two more active players.)

2) I realize it gets a little more complicated with the 6* rule, but honestly, on Puma's roster 25/31 of the players qualify for 6* in warbird. The average number of 6* or under in each league on each roster is almost assuredly greater than 50%.

I just think there should be a rule saying in case of lacking enough players otherwise, the limit of a player playing 2 out of 3 matches shouldn't be taken into account.

3)There is a stipulation of the rule that if you have trouble getting people to show for a week, you don't lose any victories or anything, only that you cannot play that player next week. Say Ignite adds two active people from free agency this week: voila, replacements problem solved.

4) If you can't get at least 7 people at 2pm EST (a time fairly convenient for everyone in the entire western world), you drafted the wrong people.

5) For the playoffs, this rule is waived. So if you managed to make the playoffs without using your 3 league studs in all 3 leagues (due to having a good, deep team not reliant on just a few people), you can now use them at will to put your best team on the field.

freddie
07-13-2009, 05:46 AM
I agree that Raspi has point, free wins are dumb. But geez, this is an offseason event, should let more people play than just the same 5.

Rule was there for everyone to see and captains job is to know the rules. And like said before me, you need 10 players for one weekend to play all 3 games...and you still have at least 20 players in your roster left. This is just bad captaining.

duel pasta
07-13-2009, 07:22 AM
Next game I'm going to touch the flag 10 times, because that will mean I had a good game

Black Mage
07-13-2009, 08:39 AM
Next game I'm going to touch the flag 10 times, because that will mean I had a good game

Next week won't be shark week and I will ignore you -_-

duel pasta
07-13-2009, 09:11 AM
ok, next shark week I'm going to touch the flag 15 times (yes, 15), it will make me look very good

Black Mage
07-13-2009, 09:36 AM
ok, next shark week I'm going to touch the flag 15 times (yes, 15), it will make me look very good

Make sure to do it in a 15:30 minute game. I want your adjusted for opponents strength flag touches/min weighted per team member (your AdjOpStrFT/MinPerMem) to be at least 1.0. I'm bringing sabermetrics to TW, baby.

kthx
07-13-2009, 10:27 AM
You were a trashtalking nobody that tries to be funny but fails in the past and you're it still. Talk about progress.

Try harder thanks English Raspi sense better make.

This is why nobody respects people who claim to be women online.

Creature
07-13-2009, 10:34 AM
I love how I get mentioned 3 times in NOT because I didn't show up for 1 week LOL.

NO CREATURE NO VICTORY

Chuckle
07-13-2009, 12:27 PM
shut the fuck up duel pasta at least he tried writing about basing

let's hear your comments on wbs and javs

kthx
07-13-2009, 12:59 PM
I notice that basers are the only ones who care enough to cry about their hot or nots, whether it is TWL or TWDT-B.

Kid Kaos
07-13-2009, 01:48 PM
Stop refering to Kobra Kai as KK. I am KK the one, the only kk. Kobra Kai is just kobra Kai. Thanks.

duel pasta
07-13-2009, 03:00 PM
shut the fuck up duel pasta at least he tried writing about basing

let's hear your comments on wbs and javs

okay lets hear my comments on wb and jav

wb: duel pasta > chuckle

jav: duel pasta > chuckle

Black Mage
07-13-2009, 03:54 PM
I love how I get mentioned 3 times in NOT because I didn't show up for 1 week LOL.

NO CREATURE NO VICTORY

Haha i didn't know you were in China until after i wrote it. I edited it a little bit after i found out, Your squad did go 0-3, broke a rule, and underperformed in a big game. But i think this is the most evidence yet for No Creature No Victory.

Raspi
07-13-2009, 05:54 PM
Try harder thanks English Raspi sense better make.

This is why nobody respects people who claim to be women online.

English isn't my 1st language, I speak 4 languages.

Go look in the mirror kthx and wake up, you aren't a thug but a pale-ass angry kid. Goes well with your internet imago though.

Downfall
07-13-2009, 06:17 PM
Puma vs IP, game to watch for TWDTB. C u there :fear:

Draft
07-13-2009, 06:49 PM
kobra kai kunts

Zizu
07-13-2009, 07:27 PM
all i want to say is that i HAD to play all 3 games. i didn't want to play wbs but we had like what 4 players? and also we only barely enough for javs and base so making us forfeit our 2 wins would be ridiculous. and yes i agree with raspi, this is a stupid rule in all ways. letting players play all 3 leagues when play-offs come don't really help if their not playing during regular season made their squad miss play-offs. i don't mind sitting next week but that addition is also absurd.

bad spelling maybe dunno im tired as fuck. my 2 cents

kthx
07-13-2009, 07:29 PM
English isn't my 1st language, I speak 4 languages.

Go look in the mirror kthx and wake up, you aren't a thug but a pale-ass angry kid. Goes well with your internet imago though.

Congratulations on sucking at four languages instead of just being good at one.

Raspi
07-14-2009, 01:37 AM
Congratulations on sucking at four languages instead of just being good at one.

This logic could destroy worlds. :turned:

Raspi
07-14-2009, 03:35 AM
Engrish number 1! I am prosifient with it.

To blackmagerström:

1. Puma faces hard time gathering enough players for each match. We pull it off so-so (dt being worst - 4v5 most of the time - and we aren't the squad which wins every match while playing 4v5 despite good effort). In the end we win 2 out of 3 matches.

2. We get punished pretty severely - a win taken away and also having 2 of our core players miss games next week. Ouch. Would it have been sufficient to just take away the win or keep the win and ban 2-3 players from playing next week?

So what we should have done:

Forfiet a match willingly (engrish). Same outcome minus the punishment.

By doing what we did all matches were still played and our opponents didn't show for nothing. I know I don't want free wins in any case.

You don't think theres anything wrong with this? Even if there is a big roster and all and we should have enough every week etc etc.

Could someone forfiet a match in twl and not get punished? Who ever would want to do that, only possible reason I guess is that if squad A loses to squad B on purpose so that squad C doesn't get in the playoffs. There has been talks but has this ever happened? I'm not sure.

Just my 2 communisms.

Black Mage
07-14-2009, 04:13 AM
Well this isn't TWL. It has a greater emphasis on playing with new people and getting more people involved. You've been able to show enough the other weeks, and there's still things your captain can do, such as picking up 2 more people and trading to get more active people.

One thing that gets missed here is that Ignite deliberately drafted shigs, fooly cooly, petal, and s.i.k. with no intention of playing any of them for any of the weeks. They probably don't know which team they are on, or even that they are on a team. He did this to guarantee himself 12* anchors so he could spend more * on free agents after the draft. In effect, he chose quality over quantity, and now Puma is having a hard time fielding a full roster. It's not a bad strategy, but it does have consequences, which you are feeling now.

No other team through 3 weeks has had to play anyone in all 3 games due to lack of people showing up, yet Puma had to play 3(!) in all 3 games last week. It's not a league-wide problem.

Fork
07-14-2009, 04:35 AM
I think black mage is hot

Salubrious
07-14-2009, 05:01 AM
Well this isn't TWL. It has a greater emphasis on playing with new people and getting more people involved. You've been able to show enough the other weeks, and there's still things your captain can do, such as picking up 2 more people and trading to get more active people.

One thing that gets missed here is that Ignite deliberately drafted shigs, fooly cooly, petal, and s.i.k. with no intention of playing any of them for any of the weeks. They probably don't know which team they are on, or even that they are on a team. He did this to guarantee himself 12* anchors so he could spend more * on free agents after the draft. In effect, he chose quality over quantity, and now Puma is having a hard time fielding a full roster. It's not a bad strategy, but it does have consequences, which you are feeling now.

No other team through 3 weeks has had to play anyone in all 3 games due to lack of people showing up, yet Puma had to play 3(!) in all 3 games last week. It's not a league-wide problem.

This logic could destroy worlds. :turned:
there we go

Zizu
07-14-2009, 07:17 AM
i wonder if these stupid ass rules were in any of the previous tournaments. also now that we're bashing the rules.... 4 spider-limit sucks donkey dick.

kthx
07-14-2009, 07:32 AM
These rules have been in both seasons of TWDT.

paradise!
07-14-2009, 09:59 PM
Our captain (jaa, top5squad) put in Apok and Olivier over me and a few other solid javs.

No disrepesct to Apok or Olivier or anything, but they aren't javs at all. It seemed from the get-go jaa threw the game. I mean we Olivier?...Apok? Cmon now.

PH
07-14-2009, 11:50 PM
4 spider-limit sucks donkey dick.no it doesn't, red bullet spam has put too many people to sleep over the years

unplug your keyboard and never use it again