Absolute stupidity.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absolute stupidity.

I think plenty of captains are having a tough time fielding and gathering an entire team to play for this Trench Wars Draft Tournament. The times for the most popular league in our zone are when a lot of players are either asleep or maybe hung over from Saturday nights on the west coast are incredibly inconvenient.

This you can only play 2 of 3 leagues rule until playoffs is absolutely counterproductive to the league and now because of an all new HMS Stargazer's ruling to destroy PUMA. (Last week he decided to manually host a broken down bot game and disrupt my squad. I wonder what staff will think of next week to take a win from my squad?

Anyways. I talked with HMS Stargazer in game about the lack of players I had forcing this situation and he replies, "well you had 6 in the dd and jd and 9 in the bd." This "League Coordinator" wasn't present in any of the games, didn't speak to anyone present in any of the games while making his 'informed decision.' Instead guess what he did? He looked at the logs. Now you don't have to be the sharpest tool in the shed to realize that a log of the game only tells half of the story. For the TWDTD my squad had the_paul as a 5th who was at work during the game and specced everytime a customer came. Whatever, his job was... a pimp? He had a lot of customers and we played 4v5. I desperately run into the corner of the arena and call Beastie who has on his dsb alias in dsb to come here. He replied he was unable to play due to 15% s2c lag. I said fuck it, let's just hope it miraculously dissolves upon entering TW and you can play. Well, that was a huge fail. We lost the DD, okay. Fine. It's not TW staff's fault. For the TWDTJ we had similar problems in organizing people and barely getting 5 to show.

Next comes the TWDTB. Well, many of our players had no other option but to play the other 2 leagues or we knew we'd have to forfeit them. I didn't want to add the players I did in these leagues when they don't even play that ship, however, an overall MISMANAGEMENT of this league, undersized rosters due to an unfair cap limit, and sloppy league coordinators who do not delve for the facts; instead they look at game logs leaves me with NO OTHER OPTIONS.

If this plague on this league persists. You're going to lose at least 1/8 of your player base. No one on my squad is happy about the last two rulings this past few weeks and will just move on with our lives and do something more fun on a Sunday morning, afternoon, or evening. Like sleep, watch paint peel, or drink Finlandia till we have no more brain cells and make retarded judgements like some people...

Change the rules or risk the fall out of an already lackadaisacal community of players.

I'm sorry Ignite but I disagree with you on a few points. I understand not everyone is going to show up every week, and some weeks you may be a little short due to vacations, work, and the like...but you have 31 players on your team. If you can't get 1/3 of them to show once a week between 11am and 1:30am (on the west coast...apparently thats before the sunrises) its not a problem with the league, but with your personnel.

Also, you can't complain about an unfair roster * cap when you are 31* below it. You had 2 weeks since the last game to add a couple more active people if you thought you might have trouble getting people to show up.
    When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

No one wants to play when this league is poorly handled and advertised. There is a reason why they show up for TWL and not this league. Blame yourselves not me.

Comment

Originally posted by ignite ignite View Post
        No one wants to play when this league is poorly handled and advertised. There is a reason why they show up for TWL and not this league. Blame yourselves not me.
        qq
        Girl if it's alright,
        100%.

Comment

I'm not sure what advertisement has to do with it considering there were over 100 players who weren't even picked onto teams. Seems like a lack of available players is not a problem. Maybe reminding players that there is a game this week, but I think that lies on the captain's shoulders.
          When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

thats what happens when active 6* wbs (like me -_- ) dont get drafted and 7*-8* "pro" wbs do who play once a week and still think they run this game
            1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

a wise man once said "i think that if rape is inevitable, relax and enjoy it"
              Originally posted by Tone
              It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
              Originally posted by the_paul
              Gargle battery acid fuckface
              Originally posted by Material Girl
              I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Again, Ignite says im biased. Yet, I do not believe I have made any 'calls' against PUMA till this one.

Comment

Why blame the OPs when you picked the inactives yourself? I would blame the captainship :P As an advert: IM ACTIVE AND STILL FREE! :grin:
                  Mirror <ZH> omg it shark
                  Mirror <ZH> this sucks
                  Server> dont worry mirror
                  Server> shark fits your tits
                  Peace <ZH>> shut up
                  Peace <ZH>> i do not apperciate you talking to my girlfriend in that manner

i.d.> Teach me how to not choke
                  Witness> well first you put it in your mouth ... but not to long

1:Hercules> ghoul
                  1:Hercules> im level 90
                  1:Hercules> in 9d
                  1:Hercules> bought a char off ebay
                  1:Hercules> cost me $50 but was worth it

Comment

your roster is complete garbage anyway, and it shows at how horrible you are at recruiting players/realizing talent
                    Eating his own words, just like TWLD last season. When is this kid going to learn he isn't good, and isn't going to win anything.

Puma is dying just as bad as Quake is. Double Fail. Might as well Quit.
                    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mage View Post
                      I'm not sure what advertisement has to do with it considering there were over 100 players who weren't even picked onto teams. Seems like a lack of available players is not a problem. Maybe reminding players that there is a game this week, but I think that lies on the captain's shoulders.
                      Because captains don't want the garbage that is signed up for this draft. We even go to lengths to pick people that are 12* rating just to fill up cap and roster requirements when we have no intention of ever playing them in the league.

Comment

None of the other caps appear to be complaining the issue...

Comment

lol @ that

Comment

I find this mildly amusing. To think.. Ignite swore up and down I would be a poor choice for captain and he laughed at pretty much all of my drafts when we were picking.
                            3: ph> FUCK I DROPPED MY CUPCAKE
                            -----
                            Domi> hello cuti-pies
                            Domi> Disqualifier> well howdy domi
                            Domi> i.d.> nice to see you
                            -----
                            i.d.> So, what're you guys getting me for my birthday? :>
                            Domi> a birthday suit? GET IT LOL
                            -----
                            Visit www.youtube.com/FieryFire3D for Trench Wars videos

Comment

Thats actually where I got that quote from I.D., he was talking about you.
                              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Working...
                              X