Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 4 Notes and Predictions

Last week's predictions (7-4-1) tie for the forfeit
    Season predictions (8-7-1)...After only picking WBs (terribly) in week 2, i rebounded nicely in week 3.

As always, don't bitch unless you offer your own thoughts and now on to the Week 4 picks (winners in bold, game of the week in italics):

TWDT-D:

PUMA vs. WOOT
    Can PUMA get anywhere close to its optimal lineup to show up? Can Creature or his assistant add someone better than circlepusher? These are two of the most talented DT-D squads in the league, yet they both sit at 1-2. I'm going to be honest, 1-3 would not be an enviable position for either of these teams, even only slightly past the halfway mark. Both are capable of turning things around with good attendance, but it would be an uphill battle. Izor says he's finally back to play this week, so that will help PUMA. I have no idea about Creature's situation. Is he in China still? I have to assume so, but I think he'll have left better instructions. He also acquired Vash this week which could help. My gut is leaning towards Ignite getting mad enough to make as many players show as possible. He may have 20 players on Sunday on his freq. I'll take PUMA in a blowout that could go one way or the other (but for better viewing lets hope for a close game).

Ruby vs. Revenge
    Ruby sits at a surprising 2-1, but they were gifted circlepusher and played Internet Predators already. Unabled deserves recognition as being a large part of their early success (at least 13-10 in all 3 games). Revenge has yet to have a problem getting its good players to show up (hope i didn't jinx you, Burnt), so I think this should be a pretty easy win for them.

top5squad vs. Internet Predators
    Top5Squad showcased its talent last week against the depleted PUMA roster. They managed to show one of their best lines, so it's looking up for them. Internet Predators is then, just what the doctor ordered to get back into the hunt. They have not demonstrated anything at all that would indicate they have enough elite talent in warbird to compete in this league, but they should manage a win at some point. However, I think Top5Squad has too much in this one.

Kobra Kai vs. Without Ease
    I clearly underestimated Without Ease before the season started and after looking over their line now I'm not sure why I did; they have some very quality players that show up each week, and they are getting great value from their late-round draft picks and free agents. Kobra Kai, not to be outdone, has also put itself in a good position to challenge in this league after a decent start. I think Without Ease makes their case and goes a long way to locking up a playoff spot.

TWDT-J:

Ruby vs. Without Ease
    Without Ease has looked strong these last few weeks, and I'd put them as a strong contender to finish in the top 4 for javelin. They seem to have good depth and steady attendance. Ruby seems to rely on Mess to carry them. They have a few other quality javs, but they seem to be around the middle of the pack. They'll need someone like a2m to step up and help Mess if they want to beat Without Ease.

top5squad vs. PUMA
    Evasive and poongoon going against their former team. PUMA looked impressive last week, even without a few starters. Top5Squad, on the other hand did not. Paradise was rumbling about Jaa's poor choice of line, so we'll see if he is satisfied this week. Either way, I think PUMA takes this one.

Kobra Kai vs. Revenge
    I was impressed with Kobra Kai last week. Came back after being behind against a decent team to get their first win. I don't know if they have the firepower to stay with Revenge in the javelin ship though, who has looked like the title contenders i predicted in the pre-season.

WOOT vs. Internet Predators
    Internet Predators has the talent to compete for a top 4 finish in javelin, but right now they are underachieving. Had they had a respectable 5th to play last week instead of Crunchy Nut (needed to get in another insult at him), they may have beaten Revenge last week. WOOT is about where i expected them to be, pretty darn good. You never know when Ease will do something great, but they need a better line showing than they had last week. Not sure why, but I have a feeling this will be a close and highly contested game, with WOOT proving themselves marginally superior.

TWDT-B:
    Seems like another week of blowouts.

Internet Predators vs. top5squad
    Internet Predators keep rolling along and they demolished another team last week. They haven't given up more than 4 minutes of flag time yet through 3 games. I described Top5Squad's basing division as being "pesky" in Hot or Not 2 weeks ago, and I stand behind that comment. They seem to have an underdog Rocky-esque "never give up" quality to them, that will come in handy this week. I don't seem them pulling off the upset over Internet Predators, but I think it will be IP's closest game yet.

Ruby vs. Kobra Kai
    This game could end up being very big for playoff position. As in the dueling "game of the week", this features a pair of 1-2 teams who don't want to fall into the 1-3 hole. This game is probably the hardest out of all 12 to pick this week. The talent seems fairly even, neither blowing me away in any regard. Ruby lost a fairly close game to the previously winless Without Ease last week, while Kobra Kai was clearly outclassed by Internet Predators. Both need a strong rebound week to point them in the right direction. Not sure why, but I'll take Ruby to bring it home.

WOOT vs PUMA
    PUMA's forfeit last week could end up being huge in the grand scheme of things. It seems clear that there are 3 teams ahead of the rest in basing, so the #1 seed (and the privilege of not playing team #3 in the playoffs) will be huge. WOOT has the players to field a decent basing team, but they haven't put it all together yet. PUMA should win this one fairly easily.

Without Ease vs. Revenge
    I thought Without Ease would be decent before the season started, but they have struggled this year before breaking through last week. They have lacked steady terrier play, but there's still time to find it (Raples did well last week for them in the win). I picked Revenge as a favorite before the season in base, but they disappointed last week. They did not have their optimal lineup (rare for Burnt's team) against a talented PUMA squad which defeated them soundly (luckily they got the forfeit). Revenge will get back on track this week though.

Summary:
    Looks like i have Revenge and PUMA for 3-0 weeks, Without Ease to go 2-1, and Kobra Kai to go 0-3 (they play 2 3-0 teams and in the basing toss-up). The rest grab 1 win a piece. 'Til the Hot or Not!
    When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man
Working...
X