• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 5 Hot or Not

Week 5 Hot or Not

TWDT-D

HOT:

This week in the Ship 1 Battles went pretty much as expected. Without Ease continued its very surprisingly dominant (undefeated) run through TWDT-D with its win over Ruby (50-39). “I'm pretty sure my team was one of the more underdog-ish teams coming into this but I think we're doing pretty damn good, in wbs at least.” Said I.D., who also added, “Anything is pooossssiiibbbbllleeeee.” Kthx (but not Caos who mentioned he was “[sic]im fukin hungovered babe.”) carried the way with a strong 14-6. He got off to a 9-3 start which kept his team in the tight game. Lofty once again started out strong (6-2) but his teammates collapsed around him. Revenge won this week’s game of the week in spectacular fashion (50-31) despite Hercules’ computer blowing up and forcing them to play 4v5 for a short period of time. All players on Revenge turned in a positive mark, and Burnt made up for last week’s poor showing by turning in a 16-6 MVP. Vys also turned in a solid (11-7) for Revenge, and kudos to Racka of WOOT for showing up. Top5Squad showed up in top form to beat Kobra Kai handily (50-33). I accidentally reminded Apok (17-5) about the games today yesterday, so I apologize to all the Kobra’s he obliterated. Also, I’ve criticized him enough so I might as well point out Jaa was 12-7 in the game at one point. Internet Predators received the gift they were looking for in their attempt to make the playoffs with a 5v4 win over Balls Deep (50-24). Squazzie (13-4) looked good in the slaughter, once again proving it’s better to have a 5th from the “mediocre free agent pool” than play down guys. Raspi, again, heroic with a 13-10 playing essentially 2v5.

MVP- Tie, Burnt and Apok with massive carries.

Honorable mentions- Kthx, Squazzie, Raspi

NOT:

Balls Deep knows what it has to do to win, and I think ph is capable of doing that given some more time, so I won’t be too critical of them here. It’s hard to run a winning squad into the ground, but it seems Ignite is just that amazing of a captain. Elsewhere, WOOT struggled with No Creature, No Victory in effect. Revenge handled them even 4v5 With Ease (3-10); High Templar also struggled (3-7) before getting subbed. Humid, fresh from his time off and vacation, struggled (3-10) in the loss to top5Squad, but none of his teammates shined either. Duel pasta (“whats a warbird?”) started fine but had his teammates (especially Kid Kaos) die quickly around him and finished 5-10. They also missed Unabled who had been doing a lot of good work for them this season. Obi had a weak (4-8) round in a victory, however.

LVP- Ease with a poor showing in a big game

Dishonorable mentions- Ignite (Just cause), humid (sorry bud)
    When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

TWDTJ-D

Hot:

In Javelin today, WOOT demonstrated why trades can sometimes pay off in a big way. They got rid of a few dissenters during the week and acquired Jrahen, amongst others. He and H0M0 dragged WOOT kicking and screaming to victory over Kobra Kai with scores of 18-9 and 11-6 respectively. Pjotter had a nice sub for Kobra Kai in the loss. In a tough-fought game that was fairly close throughout, Internet Predators snuck off with the win (50-43) against Top5Squad. Internet Predators managed to keep all of its players alive, and used superior numbers to finish off the opposition. Bike had a nice carry of 15-7 to lead the way, and Shadowmere pitched in a 12-9 (through resolution problems he tells me) to help out. The other games of the week were forfeits as Ruby gave way to Revenge and Balls Deep once again failed to show enough vs. Without Ease.

MVP- Jrahen with 18 kills

Honorable Mention- Bike with a +8

Not:

Lets all pray for ph and Balls Deep now. Take a moment…there, ok. Well done to Ruby, Draft, and Stayon for having great leadership. Dawk says he scared off the entire Ruby team, so there’s that theory. In actual matches, cuji/add combined for a 1-8 in a win, while in the loss ison/hermit combined for 1-10. Ouch. In the other match none of the other scores were too bad, but zyclon/ro combined 6-10 in the loss, with M_M God going 5-9 in the win.

LVP- Draft/Stayon

Dishonorable Mention- Damn you Ignite, ison/hermit
    Last edited by Black Mage; 07-27-2009, 03:17 AM. Reason: added javs

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

TWDT-B

HOT:

I think the first HOT that should be mentioned for this basing week was the exciting match between Revenge and Kobra Kai. This was probably the match of the year out of all 3 leagues so far. It was close almost the whole way throughout and finished 15:00-14:21. So good job to all involved for making my job a little easier by being exciting. Special shout-outs to the terriers Burnt and Dreamwin (and their sharks Hercules, vys, and soilderz, vehicle respectively) for staying alive in base so long through constant pressure that made it so exciting. In spec 4 or 5 times I must have said “Burnt escapes again!” Although pjotter played fairly well and did not hinder his team with teamkills, Necromotic was probably the difference between the teams with a few big multikills. The spiders across the board played well, especially the Revenge spiders keeping pjotter off of Burnt, and unfortunately the match ended at 15 minutes and Revenge happened to get the kill on dreamwin warping in for a burst to take the final lead. The win pushed Revenge to a 3-0 week and by far the best composite record in the league.

There was another exciting game played as well as Without Ease came from 6+ minutes down to take out WOOT 15:00-13:13. Megaman89 shows up (8 TeKs, 15 Tks in jav), and Without Ease wins, of course. Full disclosure, I thought this game was over and watched exclusively the above-mentioned game. Kawrae got the MVP in spider in the loss, and I’ll talk about possible reasons for that loss in the NOT. I am told Pure_Luck played well in the comeback. The win gave Without Ease a 3-0 week also, so good job I.D.

Internet Predators also continued its march to a bye in the playoffs with a 15:00-4:44 win over Ruby. This game was close throughout, but then Internet Predators shut the base off and locked it with a key to keep the last 10 minutes straight. Good work to the whole team once again, as they are still undefeated (along with Revenge) in TWDT-B. Top5Squad also earned a forfeit win against Balls Deep who once again turned in a forfeit for the who knows how many time now the last 3 weeks.

MVP- Burnt/Hercules/Vys

Honorable Mention- Dreamwin/Soilderz/Vehicle, Megaman89 for showing up and being a Pure_Luck charn

NOT:
      It’s a shame to see such quality players on Balls Deep not show up. I’M CALLING YOU OUT BALLS DEEP, SHOW UP NEXT WEEK. Bill C, Raspi, and ph not included. YOU STILL HAVE A SHOT AT THE PLAYOFFS IN ALL 3 LEAGUES BALLS DEEP, SO DO SHOW UP. Another conditional NOT goes to dald of Ruby. They say a javelin in basing is a double-edged sword and unfortunately it is. Dald made a great shot and scored a multi-kill allowing his team to take the base. They held it for a minute before he unfortunately teamkill’d a few of his own players, including his terrier. Internet Predators took the base and did not let it up the entire rest of the way. As for the WOOT collapse, Creature tells me that they had to make a number of roster switches while they were clearly winning that turned the tides. Jrahen (MVP of TWDT-J) had to go so he was subbed, then confluence lagged out and had to be subbed at shark, and finally hero suffered a power failure that forced him to also be subbed. Now these are unfortunate events that sometimes happen, but the blame still rests on those players and the players subbed in for not getting a few minutes worth of flag-time while allowing Without Ease to get 11 minutes.
      Last edited by Black Mage; 07-26-2009, 07:00 PM. Reason: added basing

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

Fuck My Life
        Fuck My Life
        Fuck My Life
        Fuck My Life
        Fuck My Life
        Fuck My Life
        Fuck My Life
        Fuck My Life
        Fuck My Life
        Fuck My Life
        Fuck My Life
        Fuck My Life
        Fuck My Life
        Fuck My Life

Comment

Added all the sections, let me know if i missed something or wrongly assumed something. Also anyone know what happened with Ruby in J?

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mage View Post
            Added all the sections, let me know if i missed something or wrongly assumed something. Also anyone know what happened with Ruby in J?
            with the ruby Jav game, there were no assts or captains, so there was a forfeit
            RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Way to fake quote, BM!
              I do not remember saying this:
              “Anything is pooossssiiibbbbllleeeee.”
              3: ph> FUCK I DROPPED MY CUPCAKE
              -----
              Domi> hello cuti-pies
              Domi> Disqualifier> well howdy domi
              Domi> i.d.> nice to see you
              -----
              i.d.> So, what're you guys getting me for my birthday? :>
              Domi> a birthday suit? GET IT LOL
              -----
              Visit www.youtube.com/FieryFire3D for Trench Wars videos

Comment

Originally posted by I.d.i.o.t. View Post
                Way to fake quote, BM!
                I do not remember saying this:
                “Anything is pooossssiiibbbbllleeeee.”
                Oh...confused you with kevin garnett/andy samberg.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

Im On A Boat

Comment

Mothafucka Take A Look At Me

Comment

Straight Flowing On A Boat On The Deep Blue Sea

Comment

draft> yo dawg i cant make it, can u add for all 3 games?
                        stayon> ya phiz

fuck you stayon
                        (Steadman)>they went out drinking... ogron siaxis and siaxis gf
                        (Steadman)>apparently ogron is EXTREMELY morbidly obese and ridiculously sweaty
                        (Steadman)>and he spend the entire night being awkward and staring at siaxis gf
                        (Steadman)>and after that they did not meet up again...

Iron Survivor> you missed something in your sig. he also smells like cheese

Comment

LOL

I didnt signup to be a cap, annoying :<

and I warned you that I was gonna miss some games!
                          Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
                          Your friend,
                          ​​Papi
                          ​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                          X