X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 6 HOT or NOT

TWDT-D

HOT:

Revenge kept its 3-league conquest rolling by absolutely pasting (50-24) the former last undefeated WB squad. Burnt (11-2), Spaceship (11-3), and Vys (11-3) formed a 3-headed, carrying monster. Those look like Burnt’s elim scores when he’s ranking. Even though they got raped, Caos still managed an even record. In Top5Squad’s close win over Ruby, Geio (14-9) finally had his break-out carry game, after turning in average scores the past few weeks. Jaa put up another positive performance for his own squad (12-8), and Jones (13-10) helped push Top5Squad over the top. Kid Kaos played well in the loss (12-10, last alive), and Unabled went positive (12-10) once more. Have to check, but he might have the most positive rounds in TWDTD so far. The sub of the day (and probably the season) goes to Shadowmere, who subbed in when Sphinktor had lag problems from the start. He carried Internet Predators back from trailing early to win comfortably with a dazzling 16-5 mark (including a fortuitous spawn of the always dangerous Racka to eliminate him). Rasaq also helped finish off WOOT with his 3rd straight +5 or better game (14-8). Ease (who wasn’t going to show up but luckily did to prevent a forfeit) went 11-10 in the loss. Finally, give ph some credit for not forfeiting this week. A few of his recent adds showed up, and they put up a fight (unfortunately they still had some lag problems and a few players showing up late). The scoring seems a little odd, but Humid was playing in the game so I’m sure he is aware of what happened. Anyways, Ardour (15-6) and Ison (13-9) carried the way for Kobra Kai.

MVP- Shadowmere’s spectacular super-sub.

Honorable mentions- Ardour, Geio, Burnt/Spaceship/Vys

NOT:

Obviously the first and foremost NOT goes to the entire Without Ease TWDTD line today. Not the way you want to play with the playoffs a few weeks away (and when you are battling for a bye). Especially bad performances go to killah (subbed in and died out his 7 deaths in like a minute), as well as kthx and obi (3-10 each). In other games, DecK’s 2-7 possibly cost Ruby the game in that tight matchup. Apok went 5-10 in the win, which is not up to his standards (but he managed to stay alive for quite a long time and kept his squad from being outnumbered). Pascone once again goes badly negative (3-8), but this time in a win. High Templar struggled early and never got on track in WOOT’s loss. pH struggled in warbird once again (clearly not his ship of choice), but at least they didn’t forfeit. If they had had one more player available to sub Aura after he started lagging they could have won.

LVP- Without Ease (minus Caos)

Dishonorable mentions- DecK, High Templar
    When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

TWDT-J

HOT:

In one of the few games of the season that has come down to sudden death, WOOT prevailed over Ruby. It was Eelam (16-9 in the end) vs. Draft (10-10) as they circled each other, before Eelam sensed Draft had locked his momentum and advanced like lightning to get the kill and the victory. Unabled turned in a strong (16-10) performance for Ruby in the loss, and Punk Rock stayed alive until a suicide by Draft after subbing in (4-3) that gave WOOT the edge. Kudos to Draft and dald, who fought back after being down (I think briefly) 5v2 to make it even. Internet Predators earned dividends today following its trade with WOOT by following Fludd (13-9) to a victory over Balls Deep (who fielded a full jav line for the first time in weeks). Shadowmere followed a great game in warbird by going 11-7 in javelin in the win. Shock Therapy turned in another quality start for Balls Deep (13-10), but it wasn’t enough. Before the match, “lilwade> kim for mvp”. Good call lilwade, as Kim MVP’d 14-6 and Kobra Kai took a backhand to Top5Squad. Ardour also posted another terrific score today as he went 11-3. Once again, Revenge remained too tough in javelin, as they are now the only undefeated team in any league left. Their fairly easy victory over Without Ease was lead by a Herculean 12-5 mark, Singer with 12-4, and Aimbot scoring 13-10.

MVP- Eelam for carrying and winning sudden death

Honorable mentions- Unabled, Kim, Singer/Hercules/Aimbot, Fludd

NOT:

Ceyve and Gazo (3-10) and (0-4) hindered Balls Deep’s chance to win their first game in a while, playing poorly and in the case of ceyve getting out early. On the opposite side of that match, Bike carried last week in jav, but this week only managed a weak 5-10 despite his team winning. Despite Kobra Kai beating Top5Squad easily, Pjotter got off to a rough start and only marginally recovered (5-9). For Top5Squad, Children got out quickly and finished 2-10 for a very poor performance. Zyclon was also subbed out at 2-5 (plus a teamkill). Freddie pulled a “Children” (2-10), and Golden_Aim wasn’t very hot (4-10), and the rest of the team wasn’t much better…let’s just say Revenge slaughtered Without Ease. Schope started out fairly poorly (3-6) and then finished (1-4) the rest of the way in a crucial time as WOOT gained a man advantage which led to its close win. On the opposite side, Redlights was subbed out at 1-7 (plus a teamkill).

LVP- sCHOPe for the worst performance in the closest game

Dishonorable mentions- Children, Freddie, Ceyve, Redlights
    Last edited by Black Mage; 08-02-2009, 05:42 PM.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

TWDT-B

HOT:

Well WOOT is hot for luck as Kobra Kai only showed 5 guys to play, and WOOT got to breeze through with an important win (15:00- 0:22)towards playoff qualifying (At worst WOOT would tie for the last spot and go into a tiebreaker scenario).

And now this is why I said we should give pH some leeway until he gets the squad turned around. Instead of forfeiting, Balls Deep beats the formerly undefeated (and fairly dominant in each game) Internet Predators (15:00-10:59). I said in my predictions column that Balls Deep had the talent to compete in basing; they just needed to show up. Kudos to pH for turning the team around…it’s hard to turn-around downward momentum (team starts to lose, forfeits, players stop showing, etc.), but he did a good job. pH and stabwound also worked well together and kept zizu safe from Internet Predators’ assaults, clearly outplaying their opponent sharks. The_paul mvped in spider for Balls Deep.

In the 2nd big upset of the basing week, Ruby knocked off Revenge by a nearly identical score to the previous game (15:00 – 10:56). In a matchup of captains playing terrier, Draft and Ruby defeated Burnt and Revenge (although Burnt amassed nearly 50 kills in terrier). Last week, I said that Revenge won because Necromotic outclassed Pjotter, and I put dald in the NOT section. However, this week, dald outplayed Necromotic and helped Ruby to the victory. Shayde mvped in spider for Ruby, and this win keeps them in the last playoff qualifying spot.

In the last game of the week, Without Ease knocked off Top5Squad fairly easily (15:00-6:39). I don’t want to say it was all Megaman89, but he turned in a gem in javelin and MVP’d. Without Ease has built a little momentum now in basing after their rough start, and they have a line that could do some damage in the playoffs (especially if Balls Deep fails to make it).

MVP- pH (if you didn't think i was sucking his dick enough before..)

Honorable mentions- dald, Megaman89

NOT:

Obviously Kobra Kai is a very big NOT. They are in danger of missing the playoffs, and essentially forfeiting is not the way to do it (although they won their first 2 games today, so they are at least in good position as long as they win next week). I’ll give Server a NOT for getting 9 team-kills in 15 minutes of action (with only 28 regular kills), but that’s only cause I wanted to give someone a NOT on WOOT. MoD, the host of the Balls Deep vs. Internet Predators game, tells me that Downfall and Rasaq did not work very well together in their game and that led to their cram breaking and Internet Predators getting their first loss in basing. Necromotic got the same amount of kills as Dald, 3x more team-kills, and only half the number of terrier-kills. And finally, chuckle turned in a very negative mark in Lancaster in a losing effort for Top5Squad.

LVP- Kobra Kai

Dishonorable mentions- Necromotic, chuckle, downfall/rasaq
      Last edited by Black Mage; 08-03-2009, 02:06 PM.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

I had diarrhea and was vomiting all morning because I got drunk last night and decided to have a jalapeno and serrano eating competition.
        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

in response to the post above:

pussy!

Comment

Originally posted by Dabram View Post
            in response to the post above:

pussy!
            quit stealing my lines :/
            TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
            TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
            Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
            - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
            Originally posted by kthx
            Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

lol, im sure someone from Holland eats a lot of fresh jalapeno and serrano peppers.
              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Added everything, and Kthx: its an excuse, but a pretty funny one.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

Well if you want to really know why we lost it is because we had people like I.D. and Struck who are basers and javelins playing with us, but as far as why I played terribly is because I spent a good four hours hugging the toilet this morning when I wasn't sitting on it. Still good read though, and I can finally eat crackers and drink water without throwing it up in 15 minutes.
                  Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

^ Whiner
                    3: ph> FUCK I DROPPED MY CUPCAKE
                    -----
                    Domi> hello cuti-pies
                    Domi> Disqualifier> well howdy domi
                    Domi> i.d.> nice to see you
                    -----
                    i.d.> So, what're you guys getting me for my birthday? :>
                    Domi> a birthday suit? GET IT LOL
                    -----
                    Visit www.youtube.com/FieryFire3D for Trench Wars videos

Comment

Don't carry one week and you take to resorting one of your two carriers.
                      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

good read.
                        Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                        Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                        Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                        Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                        Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                        Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                        Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Rasaq

Well, the only reason IP lost it's first basing match is because I had to be added in at shark yet again for the second time. First one was rather easy vs. top5squad...this one was a challenge for me vs. BD.

Comment

Nice read keep up the good work Black Mage.

Editited for dumbness
                            Last edited by Kid Kaos; 08-03-2009, 08:26 PM.
                            2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

thanks, but blackmage is bailing me out

he is my mvp of twdt <3
                              TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
                              TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
                              Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
                              - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
                              Originally posted by kthx
                              Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X