Playoff Scenarios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playoff Scenarios

This is your one-stop-shop location for all TWDT playoff scenarios and information (TWD bots are dead so I'm bored).

From the rulebook:
    "After week 7 the teams will be organized into 3 standard 6 team tournament brackets, one for each league, based upon their composite standings. The first and second ranked team receive a first round bye. The teams will play until a champion in each league is declared as well as an overall champion. Teams will receive the same rank, which they earned from their composite regular season score, in each of the separate league tournaments."

"In the event that teams have the same records at the end of the regular season, they will be differentiated in rank for the playoffs by +/-. Since this league stresses all around excellence, the with the team having the better +/- in 2 or all 3 leagues advancing. Ex: Team A: +5 in DT-D, -57 in DT-J, +4:50 in DTB; while Team B is -10 in DT-D, +1 in DT-J, and +0:57 in DT-B. Thus Team A will advance."

"In the playoffs, the rule of playing a 6* player or lower as well as the two leagues per week rule will be suspended."

"In the playoff finals TWDT-J and TWDT-D will be 3 rounds and TWDT-B will be a time race to 20 minutes."

--So the top 6 teams from the composite standings make the playoffs. Their finishing order is the seeding for a 6 team (top 2 teams get byes) tournament in each league.

The current standings:
    Originally posted by Black Mage View Post
    Code:
    Overall				Wins		Losses		Points

REVENGE				15		3		30
    WITHOUT EASE			11		7		22
    INTERNET PREDATORS		11		7		22
    WOOT				9		9		18
    RUBY				7		11		14
    KOBRA KAI			7		11		14
    BALLS DEEP                      6		12		12
    TOP5SQUAD			6		12		12
    So lets organize these teams into groupings for easier analysis--

Clinched #1 seed and bye- Revenge
    They will get a bye in each league no matter what happens next week and are obviously a lock for the playoffs.

Bye possible- Without Ease, Internet Predators, WOOT
    It would take a 3-0 week and 0-3 weeks from Without Ease and Internet Predators for WOOT to earn a bye straight up. However, since Internet Predators and Without Ease face each other, they cannot both go 0-3. Thus, WOOT can only secure a bye through tiebreakers. Therefore, one of Without Ease and Internet Predators is the most likely 2nd bye recipient. All these squads are a lock for a playoff spot (unless WOOT gets very unlucky, goes 0-3 and loses a tiebreaker to a squad that went 3-0).

Without Ease- a pretty tough schedule, conceiveable for them to go 0-3 if they other teams all showed up ready to play.
    TWDT-D WOOT vs. Without Ease
    TWDT-J Internet Predators vs. Without Ease
    TWDT-B Balls Deep vs. Without Ease

Internet Predators- moderately tough schedule (depends if Revenge plays hard even with everything clinched)
    TWDT-D Kobra Kai vs. Internet Predators
    TWDT-J Without Ease vs. Internet Predators
    TWDT-B Revenge vs. Internet Predators

Final playoff spots (2)- Kobra Kai, Ruby, Balls Deep, Top5Squad
    Kobra Kai and Ruby are a win ahead of the other 2 squads and only 2 squads from this group will make the playoffs.

Kobra Kai- all very winnable games, and 2 against fellow bubble squads.
    TWDT-D Internet Predators vs. Kobra Kai
    TWDT-J Balls Deep vs. Kobra Kai
    TWDT-B top5squad vs. Kobra Kai

Ruby- the easiest schedule so far, the weakest league for each enemy
    TWDT-D PUMA vs. Ruby
    TWDT-J top5squad vs. Ruby
    TWDT-B WOOT vs. Ruby

Balls Deep- all very winnable games if they get their lines to show up
    TWDT-D Ruby vs. Balls Deep
    TWDT-J Kobra Kai vs. Balls Deep
    TWDT-B Without Ease vs. Balls Deep

Top5Squad- they drew a revenge which is tough, but in their worst league. However, their other 2 games are against fellow bubbles ahead of them, so they are very much still in the running.
    TWDT-D Revenge vs. top5squad
    TWDT-J Ruby vs. top5squad
    TWDT-B Kobra Kai vs. top5squad
    When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

Current +/- 's

Remember, these are compared between the leagues individually and the best out of 3 would break the tie.

Code:
    			        WB             Jav		Base

REVENGE				 52		104		 27.50
    WITHOUT EASE			 19		 55		-21.50
    INTERNET PREDATORS		  8		-24		 53.40
    WOOT				 24		 74		  8.08
    KOBRA KAI			-21		 16		-17.82
    RUBY				  7		-50		-28.33
    BALLS DEEP		        -92		-71		-16.00
    TOP5SQUAD		  	  3		-34		 -5.32

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

Hey blackmage, thanks for all the good reads this twdt season, I appreciate all the work you have done, and it has been great.
      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
        Hey blackmage, thanks for all the good reads this twdt season, I appreciate all the work you have done, and it has been great.
        Too much time on my hands.. but thanks for the praise.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

meh, its a thankless job writing twl/twdt articles, just wanted you to know I appreciate the reads every week is all.
          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

I also appreciate all the time you have put into your articles and the accumulation of data you have collected. Everyone likes to talk about all the things that are going wrong with the league so much that they forget to talk about what is going right.

As a captain, your posts have made my job much easier and more accessible and as part of the community, your posts have provided much entertainment and gave the league a more legitimate feeling and atmosphere with your predictions and Hot n Not threads as well as the update threads to keep everyone informed.

Thank you and if transactions were still allowed, Chris Hansen would have gladly put you under protective custody, even if only just as a kind gesture for all your hard work.

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
              its a thankless job writing twl/twdt articles
              this
              Originally posted by Tone
              It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
              Originally posted by the_paul
              Gargle battery acid fuckface
              Originally posted by Material Girl
              I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

i would also like to offer my mouth for your penis in gratitude of your work
                Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

Comment

You deserve your own religion!
                  Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Comment

Stop this talk and start talking about the playoffs. Also there is an idea possibly in play to change how +/- works. Loser would still get -50, but the winner would only get the average win for that league, seems more fair to me. Thoughts?

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

Working...
                    X