Firewall Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firewall Problem

I just installed BlackICE 3.6 cbd, and for some reason when i have it on, some of the zones such as dsb and swr dosent show up, even after i trusted and accepted the server IP, what do i have to do (other than removing the firewall or turning it off)

btw - i have app protection off by default and the setting is set to cautious.
    TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
    TelCat> hoes get paid :(
    TelCat> i dont

Simple suggestion, try a different firewall and see it is works? But there must be a logical reason why it doesn't work..hmmm...which is hard to tell, perhaps someone else uses the same firewall and can try it out...or ask the BlackICE people..hmmm

Comment

Zone alarm works good its easy to use and free I think. XP does come with a fire wall but its a peice of sh**.

edit:In the tw rules it says to turn off black ice......?

Comment

Thanks too lazy and busy to look.

Comment

Black Ice, by default, is pretty shitty. Most software firewalls are. Zone Alarm is probably the best (by best, I mean the one that causes the least amount of problems) of the bunch.
          Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

If you want a good firewall, go with a hardware firewall on routers. They are the best to work with.

Comment

I have a router firewall but you have to be careful to config it properly. I cant share files on Kazaa, edonkey etc. cos i never bothered to do the router properly
              Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people look bright until you hear them speak.

Comment

Originally posted by adastalin
                I have a router firewall but you have to be careful to config it properly. I cant share files on Kazaa, edonkey etc. cos i never bothered to do the router properly
                Thats why you need to know your hardware =P It sounds like you haven't forwarded your ports to your computer.

Comment

Working...
                X