PDA

View Full Version : Caprica

Galleleo
01-30-2010, 10:35 AM
It's no movie, but I figured I might as well put a tv show in here, otherwise this subforum is so lonely.

Anyway, I watched the season premiere of this thing and it seems like this is the pre-battlestar galactica series? Judging from the thread that was up on this forum, the Cylon's played a big part in battlestar galactica and it seems like in Caprica this is what was being invented last week. So anyone watched this show? I know battlestar galactica was popular among people in this forum so I was wondering if anyone was watching this show.

Noah
02-01-2010, 01:16 PM
I have watched the two first episodes and I'm already seeing where this is heading (in a good way). It's still way too soon to say anything except that this has lot of potential. At some point this show is going to be all about the first massive Cylon War, and I really like the depth they are putting into the creation of the Cylons.

Galleleo this desribes the story that happened like 50 years before BSG, William (Commander) Adama is just a little kid. In BSG you hear them talking about the first Cylon war which is what this show is going to be all about (I assume, and hope). After the Cylon war ended somehow the Cylons went away for 50 years untill they attacked again in the beginning of BSG.

Galleleo
02-01-2010, 02:26 PM
Did the religion thing play an equally important role in BSG?

Noah
02-01-2010, 02:54 PM
I could tell you, but then again you HAVE to see BSG before watching this show! Seriously watch BSG instead of Caprica, you'll get so much more out of this show when you dont have to ask for these things on a forum.

I'll give you a short answer, no it doesn't.

Edify
02-01-2010, 03:58 PM
I watched BSG and found it excellent. I'm not sure if I'd like this show but I'll give the Pilot a shot. My main bother is that its setting is not in space and there are no robots.. yet.

Galleleo
02-02-2010, 06:05 AM
I am not even sure if I'll stick with Caprica Noah, it hasn't grabbed me yet that I feel like I want to see what comes next. Not that big of a sci-fi fan, but I'll try some more episodes.

I just noticed that it seemed to be pre-bsg and there was a huge thread on that show on here so I figured I would have a look and see what people here thought.

Xog
02-02-2010, 03:01 PM
Cool, on friday i'll be home at 6 and be able to catch up. I haven't seen any episodes yet

02/05/2010
06:00 PM
CAPRICA PILOT

02/05/2010
08:00 PM
REBIRTH

02/05/2010
09:00 PM
REINS OF A WATERFALL

Noah
02-02-2010, 09:11 PM
I am not even sure if I'll stick with Caprica Noah, it hasn't grabbed me yet that I feel like I want to see what comes next. Not that big of a sci-fi fan, but I'll try some more episodes.

I just noticed that it seemed to be pre-bsg and there was a huge thread on that show on here so I figured I would have a look and see what people here thought.

So you're not a big fan of sci-fi, which is why you've decided to watch Caprica instead of BSG? Really if you had the interest in starting to watch this you can go ahead with BSG instead. It makes perfect sense that Caprica hasn't grabbed you yet because you haven't seen BSG, and it probably won't grab you at all unless you watch BSG. I'm pretty sure I would have thought that Caprica had been boring so far if I hadn't watched BSG.

Galleleo
02-03-2010, 07:28 PM
I didn't know Caprica was set as a pre-bsg when I downloaded and watched the pilot. I just heard about the show being new and I read some things about people being excited about it (though none named anything in the context of bsg) so I dled the pilot and tried it out. Then during at the end I saw him naming the thing Cylon and I remembered the bsg thread on these forums, so I made the connection.

I didn't think it was necessarily boring, but it also didn't make me feel like I had to watch every minute and I had to know what happened next at that moment. But like I said, that is more linked to me in general not being a big sci-fi fan, so I am not sure if bsg would interest me. Like I said though, I'll try some more episodes from this before I decide.

Xog
02-08-2010, 06:11 PM
Frack

Xog
04-28-2010, 02:16 PM
I'm watching all the battlestar glacatica starting all the way from the 4-hour pilot episode, and I noticed near the end of season 1 i think, William Adama gave Lee Adama his "great grandfather's" lighter for good luck before he left to do something. On the lighter it said Joseph Adama.

here it is, taken from the BSG episode:

http://i43.tinypic.com/ddysz7.jpg

And here's Joseph Adama from Caprica:

http://i41.tinypic.com/2vmzuiu.jpg

Cool :D