Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leagues and what-not new idea thing. yea!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leagues and what-not new idea thing. yea!

Hey, I was thinking it would be cool if during the league games, someone actually keeps the records of individual player's scores (ie. JoeWB: 9-3 - week 6 .... also JoeWB combined: 54-30) and posts them on www.twleagues.org along with the squad scores. Also, along with that, there could be something like a ranking system of individual players and their performance in league games. This would be similar to the Elim scoring thing, but unlike elim, it would show who is good because no one specs for rec in league games.

Just a thought.

tell me what you think about it. or don't. whatever.

--Tanis

Re: Leagues and what-not new idea thing. yea!

Originally posted by Tanis
    Hey, I was thinking it would be cool if during the league games, someone actually keeps the records of individual player's scores (ie. JoeWB: 9-3 - week 6 .... also JoeWB combined: 54-30) and posts them on www.twleagues.org along with the squad scores. Also, along with that, there could be something like a ranking system of individual players and their performance in league games. This would be similar to the Elim scoring thing, but unlike elim, it would show who is good because no one specs for rec in league games.

Just a thought.

tell me what you think about it. or don't. whatever.

--Tanis
    They used to do that in Old leagues, it was hard for them to accomplish, because tech was a little on the low-end. Now-a-days shouldn't be too hard.. but it would require alot of effort on Staff themselves.
    I fucking own you in the warbird, shut the fuck up.

Comment

Re: Re: Leagues and what-not new idea thing. yea!

Originally posted by Ruby

Now-a-days shouldn't be too hard.. but it would require alot of effort on Staff themselves.
      well, it -would- require the host to have a piece of paper and write down the numbers and e-mail it to the web-guy. They could just get another guy to just input the information or something... But i think it would be worth it to see that feature. or even better, if they got a bot to do it for them.. but i dont know about that etc.

-Tanis

Comment

Guess you haven't noticed, but the TWBots keep track of individual records for TWLD/TWLJ at least for now. Hopefully it will become more reliable, but really all that is done except for the different ways of manipulating that data.
        TWLB Champion Season 1 (Light)
        TWLD Champion Season 6/7 (Elusive/Syndicate)
        TWLJ Champion Season 7 (Syndicate)

1 of the first 2 to get all 3. (Fireballz is other)

Comment

oh? wow.

Well.. um.. How can i look at my own and others? Does it keep a running tally or just the last week's? But mainly how can i look at them?

-amazed by these new-fangled devices

--Tanis

Comment

This thread has more to do with leagues. Moved to Trench Wars Leagues.
            "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong" -Mahatma Gandhi

-FLaBiN
            flabin@trenchwars.org

Comment

Ya 2d true, but they don't keep overall stats, just each week, and there is no comparison and stuff

Piece of paper? Hehe, that would be so un-reliable and could be fluked quite easily

Fluked Records!! $$
              I fucking own you in the warbird, shut the fuck up.

Comment

As I said there is no manipulation of the data, but the stats are being kept track of.

Simply goto: www.twleagues.org
                click: matches for one of the leagues
                select a week: and click on a particular match

It should show the player scores if the bot was used and used correctly. Note: Only started happening this past 2/3 weeks and only for some games, hopefully in the future it will become better.

+)
                TWLB Champion Season 1 (Light)
                TWLD Champion Season 6/7 (Elusive/Syndicate)
                TWLJ Champion Season 7 (Syndicate)

1 of the first 2 to get all 3. (Fireballz is other)

Comment

heh. well, i think that league records are more important than elim records are for individual rankings and stuff. I just think it would be really cool to see something based on when-it-matters instead of spec at 3-0.

Add it please? heh.

-Tanis

Comment

yea..

i just went to twleagues.org and it only has the last week on most of the random games i checked. the tally thing would be really cool. i think i have already said that 50x and dont need to again.
                    If you think it would be to, reply and say it would so someone might do something about it more quickly. heh

-Tanis

Comment

stat tallies would be nice, but first I'd just like to see them get the stats for all the games, rather than just 3/4ths of them. Is this a problem with the bots or the hosts?

Comment

Hopefully recording stats will be set by the playoffs. Noticed that some games recorded some not.

Comment

It's a cool idea to have stats, if only to look through when bored, but I personally couldn't care less, because as a shark my record in basing is always abysmal. I think basing in general the rec doesn't matter all that much, because kills / deaths don't matter at all without the flag.
                          The downside of being better than
                          everyone else is that people tend to
                          assume you're pretentious. -
                          www.despair.com

Comment

Originally posted by FLaBiN
                            This thread has more to do with leagues. Moved to Trench Wars Leagues.
                            looks like flabin's runnin this show baby.
                            Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

I think it's a good idea.
                              http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Working...
                              X