2010 TWDT Caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 TWDT Caps

The following 8 players have been extended an invitation to cap and can accept through posting here or ?messaging me. Those who have accepted will be bolded.

Dreamwin - Ez or Wut
    I.d.
    Draft - Ruby
    M_M God - Candy King
    Singer - Emofucks
    Creature
    Hurricane - Fuck'd
    Pjotter - Gypsy Humpers

The backups are (in no order in particular):
    Thix
    Ease
    Thrill - Blood Choke
    Jaa - top5squad

I hope there are no complaints, but of course there always are.

Humid
    Last edited by Summa; 06-04-2010, 02:05 PM.
    TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
    TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
    Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
    - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
    Originally posted by kthx
    Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Reject, can't make the first few week or two depending on start date of TWDT. Flight got pushed back a bit and will still be stuck in China, plus moving to Seattle aka no internet for a few days too.

Give to Ease

Comment

Originally posted by Creature View Post
      Reject, can't make the first few week or two depending on start date of TWDT. Flight got pushed back a bit and will still be stuck in China, plus moving to Seattle aka no internet for a few days too.

Give to Ease
      Wise choice in where to move.

edit: nvm extending the inv to ease first out of personal request. then thix

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

- John F. Kennedy

Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

i'm wondering what the critera is for being extended an invitation to cap. it seems like all caps chosen are one's we've seen time and time again.

just sayin
        4:BigKing> xD
        4:Best> i'm leaving chat
        4:BigKing> what did i do???
        4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
        4:BigKing> ???? why though
        4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that

Comment

Originally posted by paradise! View Post
          i'm wondering what the critera is for being extended an invitation to cap. it seems like all caps chosen are one's we've seen time and time again.

just sayin
          There are only 2 people on this list who have capped before. Draft & I.d.

The criteria that I used to decide includes but is not limited to:
          Previous captaining experience of squads
          My opinion
          Tres' opinion
          Level of skill (in an attempt to make things more balanced; hence why ease was no extended a cap spot immediately)
          primary and secondary leagues (this year i had a surplus of javs wanting to cap and a deficiency of wbs)
          Previous TWDT captaining/asst and success levels
          A demonstrated willingness and motivation to cap
          A poll I took of 6 players of which people on the list of 18 cap applicants they would and wouldn't play for

These were the people that found their way through. There were 4 people who were head and shoulders above others in terms of preference, but the last spots were difficult to determine.

Its not like I throw darts at a board and spend my time doing nothing. There is a lot of work to be done running this league. You and others may not agree with all of my choices, but I do the groundwork to try and make good decisions; and I like to think that TWDT's success is indicative of that. That being said, I like to take 1 risk every year and give a player who is not necessarily well received and give them a chance to prove themselves. The first season it was vys and he failed; last season it was ignite and he failed. You would think I would give up, but hey I am a sucker for redemption stories.
          Last edited by Summa; 05-21-2010, 12:42 AM.

- John F. Kennedy

Comment

you making it scheduled times??

dt - 2pm

dj - 3pm

db -4pm

please say yes
            (Steadman)>they went out drinking... ogron siaxis and siaxis gf
            (Steadman)>apparently ogron is EXTREMELY morbidly obese and ridiculously sweaty
            (Steadman)>and he spend the entire night being awkward and staring at siaxis gf
            (Steadman)>and after that they did not meet up again...

Iron Survivor> you missed something in your sig. he also smells like cheese

Comment

Humid, not sure if Racka plays much anymore but if you need another wb cap eventually I would suggest him.
              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by Summa View Post

My opinion
                Tres' opinion
                Level of skill (in an attempt to make things more balanced; hence why ease was no extended a cap spot immediately)
                primary and secondary leagues (this year i had a surplus of javs wanting to cap and a deficiency of wbs)
                A poll I took of 6 players of which people on the list of 18 cap applicants they would and wouldn't play for

These were the people that found their way through. There were 4 people who were head and shoulders above others in terms of preference, but the last spots were difficult to determine.

Its not like I throw darts at a board and spend my time doing nothing. There is a lot of work to be done running this league. You and others may not agree with all of my choices, but I do the groundwork to try and make good decisions; and I like to think that TWDT's success is indicative of that. That being said, I like to take 1 risk every year and give a player who is not necessarily well received and give them a chance to prove themselves. The first season it was vys and he failed; last season it was ignite and he failed. You would think I would give up, but hey I am a sucker for redemption stories.
                Just makes me wonder who were head and shoulders above others in terms of preference... and who is the guy you took a risk on... Bet it's Dreamwin, well maybe Singer but that would be stupid since he's a great guy, so I'm sticking with dreamwin for risk factor...

4 ppl head and shoulders above others, my guess: ME (ofcourse, eventhough well, no idea but it would be stupid not to think so highly of one self...), M_M God(dude is loved by everyone), I.D., Draft, Creature(Cause of previous TWDT's)

Well, and I accept
                TWLM-J Champion Season 8 :wub:
                TWLM-D Champion Season 9 <_<
                TWLM-B Champion Season 10 :pirate2:
                First person to win all different TWLM'ers :greedy:

Comment

My opinion
                  Tres' opinion

terrible idea, you are giving vets more opportunities then you slip in one pretty decent guy and pat yourself on the back. also funny how you clump one of the biggest cheaters and one of the biggest scumbags with every other non vet who hasn't played this game for 10+ years.

'took a chance with vys and ignite', you invested in 2 losing propositions and expected hefty returns, why do you act surprised they failed? Who picked the biggest cheater in the game? Who picked the biggest scumbag in the game? these questions are logically followed by Why pick the biggest cheater in the game? Why pick the biggest scumbag in the game? etc etc.

If I were running this I would get a few vets and a few up and coming captains and players. Not the best captains and best players from each squad.

still looking forward to the tournaments, gl all.

my $0.02

p.s. no draft, you are still not a vet sorry.

Comment

terrible idea, you are giving vets more opportunities then you slip in one pretty decent guy and pat yourself on the back. also funny how you clump one of the biggest cheaters and one of the biggest scumbags with every other non vet who hasn't played this game for 10+ years.

'took a chance with vys and ignite', you invested in 2 losing propositions and expected hefty returns, why do you act surprised they failed? Who picked the biggest cheater in the game? Who picked the biggest scumbag in the game? these questions are logically followed by Why pick the biggest cheater in the game? Why pick the biggest scumbag in the game? etc etc.

If I were running this I would get a few vets and a few up and coming captains and players. Not the best captains and best players from each squad.

still looking forward to the tournaments, gl all.

my $0.02

p.s. no draft, you are still not a vet sorry.
                    thank you for your input, but regardless of if you're qualified or not; if players won't show up and play for you because of personal reasons....i just can't justify giving that person cap.

in terms of vys and ignite, both begged me for a shot and promised high returns. they showed motivation and were very active through free agency. vys even met levels of success initially. dunno, if i hand out most of the captain spots to up and comers then there is a strong likelihood of an imba draft. vets are selected for their knowledge and other reasons (i can't really substantiate them, they are more personally held beliefs). let me put it this way: (drastic example to prove a point) if i had a cap who was a pubber or i had JAMAL as my cap, i would be drastically more inclined to show up for JAMAL.

as for your contention against draft, he may not be the most mature player, but i do like to bring back at least 2 former twdt caps each time; and whether you like it or not he has been successful in twdt in the past.

- John F. Kennedy

Comment

I find it sad if you consider me as a risk. I'm actually a cool guy ! Anyways, I accept.
                      Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                      Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                      Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                      Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                      Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                      Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                      Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

thank you for your input, but regardless of if you're qualified or not; if players won't show up and play for you because of personal reasons....i just can't justify giving that person cap.

in terms of vys and ignite, both begged me for a shot and promised high returns. they showed motivation and were very active through free agency. vys even met levels of success initially. dunno, if i hand out most of the captain spots to up and comers then there is a strong likelihood of an imba draft. vets are selected for their knowledge and other reasons (i can't really substantiate them, they are more personally held beliefs). let me put it this way: (drastic example to prove a point) if i had a cap who was a pubber or i had JAMAL as my cap, i would be drastically more inclined to show up for JAMAL.

as for your contention against draft, he may not be the most mature player, but i do like to bring back at least 2 former twdt caps each time; and whether you like it or not he has been successful in twdt in the past.
                        I hope you hand in the reins of this after this tournament. I picture this running more smoothly when we can get some variety here. You must not know the population well, since your giving preference for people who were ALREADY captains. I know quite a few guys who could handle captaincy much better than draft or i.d. and they don't happen to be former cheaters and scumbags or pubbers (yes people like this exist)

-with love

Comment

I hope you hand in the reins of this after this tournament. I picture this running more smoothly when we can get some variety here. You must not know the population well, since your giving preference for people who were ALREADY captains. I know quite a few guys who could handle captaincy much better than draft or i.d. and they don't happen to be former cheaters and scumbags or pubbers (yes people like this exist)

-with love
                          Did they apply to cap?

I only had 18 applicants, and I did the best with what I had; whilst simultaneously respecting some of the legacy captains. You may disagree with my methodology and choices, but this is one of the only leagues to run fairly problem free 2 seasons in a row.

In regards to handing the reigns over. I have attempted to let someone else run TWDT both of the past 2 seasons, however they tend to get scared away when they see the actual workload that comes with what I do.

- John F. Kennedy

Comment

Not that I care, because I'm not even playing in this tournament, but Singer has capped before too. I know because I co-capped with him (2?) seasons ago on Candy King. He's a good cap though, and a great guy, so I can't imagine anybody objecting. Good luck with the tournamentt

Comment

my captainship/maturity level is > than para

also, carried my team to finals in every division, k cept 1

ps; euros can't captain, nice risk in giving it to dreamwin over paradise/projeter/singer k bye lol
                              (Steadman)>they went out drinking... ogron siaxis and siaxis gf
                              (Steadman)>apparently ogron is EXTREMELY morbidly obese and ridiculously sweaty
                              (Steadman)>and he spend the entire night being awkward and staring at siaxis gf
                              (Steadman)>and after that they did not meet up again...

Iron Survivor> you missed something in your sig. he also smells like cheese

Comment

Working...
                              X