Trade suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade suggestion

allow cap space to be traded, just a thought.

Actually a pretty good suggestion, really.
    When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

We have to have a minimum of 30 players? Then please raise the caplimit... isn't anything we can do now with the: you have to bet atleast 12 rule in place...

Take even Jaa, he has 424 * used, the least of everyone in the bunch cause he bought some of the lowest valued players... means he can use 20 per player on the 5 he needs to get from free agency... If he would want to be certain and get a 6th player... he'd need 16* per player and lets say he gets a 7th player... this means he'd need 15 per player... This doesn't really allow for any bidding to take place, to get the ppl you really want...

Take ease for example: he has 472* used... He has 53 * to spend on 5 players... meaning he cannot even buy 5 since the min bet amount is 12... Means he'd have to sell some ppl that are higher then 17 to generate atleast 7 more *s...

Please tell me the logic behind enforcing this bet atleast 12*... cause it kinda ruined any way for some captains to make sure they have a full team...
      Last edited by PjOtTeR; 06-07-2010, 09:14 AM.
      TWLM-J Champion Season 8 :wub:
      TWLM-D Champion Season 9 <_<
      TWLM-B Champion Season 10 :pirate2:
      First person to win all different TWLM'ers :greedy:

Comment

Yeah, my star count is pretty high, but I'm still technically able to select 5 in the free agency. Your own * value doesn't factor in to your cap, so I actually have 28 more *s to use than you think.
        Phiz> I probably am gay
        Phiz> I just haven't realized it yet

Comment

I think it does...
          Takes into account the fact that 1 cap is a better player then another and else would get an unfair advantage cause of it...

but you only need 4 people.. so you should be able to make it with your 53 * cause 4 times 12 = 48... heck you have a whole 5 stars to go over the 4 4 4 = 12 betting...
          TWLM-J Champion Season 8 :wub:
          TWLM-D Champion Season 9 <_<
          TWLM-B Champion Season 10 :pirate2:
          First person to win all different TWLM'ers :greedy:

Comment

I already asked humid, and it was confirmed that your own star value does not count toward your cap. It may seem unfair, but then again this isn't exactly a perfect system to begin with. Bidding 10* on random people during the draft but then having to spend 12 minimum in free agency is pretty weak. The people that actually signed up on time get screwed over by the drama queens that want to look cool with 50 star bids by signing up late (cough necromotic).
            Phiz> I probably am gay
            Phiz> I just haven't realized it yet

Comment

I can confirm that Ease is correct about the cap's * not counting towards the max. It was the same way last year.
              Last edited by Black Mage; 06-07-2010, 04:35 PM.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

Originally posted by PjOtTeR View Post
                We have to have a minimum of 30 players? Then please raise the caplimit... isn't anything we can do now with the: you have to bet atleast 12 rule in place...

Take even Jaa, he has 424 * used, the least of everyone in the bunch cause he bought some of the lowest valued players... means he can use 20 per player on the 5 he needs to get from free agency... If he would want to be certain and get a 6th player... he'd need 16* per player and lets say he gets a 7th player... this means he'd need 15 per player... This doesn't really allow for any bidding to take place, to get the ppl you really want...

Take ease for example: he has 472* used... He has 53 * to spend on 5 players... meaning he cannot even buy 5 since the min bet amount is 12... Means he'd have to sell some ppl that are higher then 17 to generate atleast 7 more *s...

Please tell me the logic behind enforcing this bet atleast 12*... cause it kinda ruined any way for some captains to make sure they have a full team...
                The cap is calculated by taking the average player rating and multiplying it by 30 then giving you enough for what I assume is a big time free agent (somewhere around 20-25 w/e makes a round number). Both years it has been fairly similar (525)

While the site counts all players on the team's *'s, my spreadsheet does not. I do not count the *'s of the captains in your overall count. This essentially gives you another 16-28*s to deal with (yes this is slightly unfair, but deal with it). distributed over 5 players that you have to draft it will increase the amt you can spend on each by at least 3*s per. Usually closer to 4*s per.
                TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
                TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
                Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
                - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
                Originally posted by kthx
                Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

I can confirm that for the bidding, however, the cap's * do not count towards your max bidding, so you will be able to correctly bid up to your cap.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

Working...
                  X