Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few questions

Ow, One more serious question...

Why would I start betting on people now? while I can wait and find out what others have bid on people half way through the week... Or does it show on twdt site who is currently leading the bid?

Should make it so that people have to actually be bidding on people half way through the week, to be able to bid on them in the end, or so... But then again I'll just 444 bid on everyone I might want...

The bidding done through site is very dumb in my opinion... I'd rather have people do last minute steals to get others under the 30 players minimum crap then the way it's currently being done...

And is my own starcount included in the 525 star cap? or do better captains have an advantage over lesser captains this way? Cause ease for example just got a 28* player, the supposed best player in the game, for free this way...
    Cause my bidding on the site says I have 94 stars to use, is this sure to be correct, cause I'd be at 68 stars through own calculations... and 87 if I add my own 19 stars to it...

I really would like a responce so can consider my options... and figure out what's best for me to do at this point..

Also is the trading a player for Stars to another captain optional? or trading extra cap space? Best to get this all out in the open en clear to everyone asap.

Hope to be hearing(reading) from you soon mr twdt operators...
    TWLM-J Champion Season 8 :wub:
    TWLM-D Champion Season 9 <_<
    TWLM-B Champion Season 10 :pirate2:
    First person to win all different TWLM'ers :greedy:

yeah, im kinda confused also.

-You dont see if anyone else has bid on player x?
    -Can you trust star amounts on site? (Cuz with my own calculations I get smaller number of avaiable *'s)
    -I cant login to the site unless im using IE. (I always use Firefox OBV)
    Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
    Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
    Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
    Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
    Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
    Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
    Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

From what i've experienced so far:
      - Ratings from twdt site arent the same with the ratings given on forums for some people, thus meaning calculation of *'s is off..
      - Your own rating isn't included in the ratings, so you have extra *'s left to spend.. and yes that means Ease 'got himself for free'
      - You can't see what other caps have been bidding on, so you don't know where you stand at (eg. overbidding on players or underbidding) till wednesday..
      - Login with all browsers should work fine now, had some problems at first but zazu fixed them

We will have to wait till humid/tres sort this all out more..
      Retired SSCU Trenchwars Head Sysop

1:24> they'd rather add afks than me
      24 is in for Freq 1 as a Warbird.
      1:M_M God> gg

help: (renzi) (Public 33): is it possible for a washing machine to cause a wireless connection to lag?

Candy King, -C4L-

Comment

the bidding is blind by design - for example, say dreamwin bids 4/4/4/12 on "big toe" on tuesday and is the current high bidder - pjotter really wants him and knows that dreamwin is the high bidder at 12 stars, but is afraid singer is going to steal him at 5/5/5/15, so pjotter puts 6/6/6/18 on him just in case. turns out that singer didn't even place a bid and the high bid was still 12, but now pjotter wins him at 18 stars. those 5 extra stars went to waste, but that's kind of the cost of blind bidding.

ideally it would be some kind of ebay auction system where you put in your 'max bid' and it goes up by increments depending on what the next highest bid is, but that's probably too hard to code. fact is, twdt has plenty of holes in the system, and the reason humid has been able to run it with success is by picking captains that are smart enough to find these holes, and responsible enough and have enough dignity to not abusively exploit them. the website blind bidding is the system we have this year, so let's just make the most of it - all 8 captains are subject to the same system, and as long as we are all playing by the same rules, it's fine.

and yes, ease does get a 28* player for free, but seeing as how i'm always the lowest rated captain and somehow still come out on top one way or another, it doesn't make THAT big of a difference. fact is, i'm the one that should be complaining about this, not you!
        Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

Comment

Originally posted by tragiK View Post
          the bidding is blind by design - for example, say dreamwin bids 4/4/4/12 on "big toe" on tuesday and is the current high bidder - pjotter really wants him and knows that dreamwin is the high bidder at 12 stars, but is afraid singer is going to steal him at 5/5/5/15, so pjotter puts 6/6/6/18 on him just in case. turns out that singer didn't even place a bid and the high bid was still 12, but now pjotter wins him at 18 stars. those 5 extra stars went to waste, but that's kind of the cost of blind bidding.

ideally it would be some kind of ebay auction system where you put in your 'max bid' and it goes up by increments depending on what the next highest bid is, but that's probably too hard to code. fact is, twdt has plenty of holes in the system, and the reason humid has been able to run it with success is by picking captains that are smart enough to find these holes, and responsible enough and have enough dignity to not abusively exploit them. the website blind bidding is the system we have this year, so let's just make the most of it - all 8 captains are subject to the same system, and as long as we are all playing by the same rules, it's fine.

and yes, ease does get a 28* player for free, but seeing as how i'm always the lowest rated captain and somehow still come out on top one way or another, it doesn't make THAT big of a difference. fact is, i'm the one that should be complaining about this, not you!
          This is fairly accurate to the response I would have made.

As far as login issues, I believe that they are entirely resolved on firefox (not sure about other browsers).

Player ratings not lining up: I found 2 that I forgot to change when I edited ratings, those are fixed.

The site counts captains in it's *calculation, don't trust it entirely, I have a spreadsheet that keeps a fairly detailed account of where all of you are at, and I will inform you if you break the cap.

As for trading *'s amidst trades. I haven't made a rule for it, so don't get too out of hand, but sure why not. If someone wants to try it then I will allow it.

Now to answer Pjott's initial question: Why would I ever bid before Wednesday?

An excellent question, and here is the genius behind the design of this method. If you read the rules, it clearly states that if a bid goes uncontested for 48 hours then it is immediately accepted. So when I go to announce updates on Wednesday, if you had submitted a bid on Monday like a sneaky sneak and other people didn't realize until Wednesday at the announcement time; it is too late you have already won yourself a player. I suppose I could announce the accepted bids on Thursday as well, but 2 updates a week should be enough. That is why I would bid on Mondays, but hey you can bet entirely reactionary if you so choose.
          TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
          TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
          Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
          - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
          Originally posted by kthx
          Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

That is exactly why it sucks even more now... If I woulda known that this was the case I woulda put in some good bids on monday... On top of that, when I went there monday, I couldn't log in at first...

If this would have been clear and perfect from the start, I guess the system is fine this way, still stupid how you yourself are not taken into account with the * cap...
            TWLM-J Champion Season 8 :wub:
            TWLM-D Champion Season 9 <_<
            TWLM-B Champion Season 10 :pirate2:
            First person to win all different TWLM'ers :greedy:

Comment

It's still monday since the bids will be based on EST (I believe). Humid reveals bids as of Wednesday at midnight. Still got time.
              When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

This private bidding system is worth it just to read Jaa's paranoia. He's going insane.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

Ima bout to nuke yo ass khrushchev
                  Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mage View Post
                    This private bidding system is worth it just to read Jaa's paranoia. He's going insane.
                    let the rest of us in on it. sounds good

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

One of his better quotes was (paraphrasing) "I'm freaking out! This is like the Cuban Missile Crisis and the Cold War wrapped into one!"

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

Working...
                      X