Wednesday Update -> Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday Update -> Thursday

A combination of irl complications, my laptop fan deciding to make a grinding noise, and me building my new computer has caused me some problems this week. I should be back on top of things tmrw. Sorry for being away so much.
    TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
    TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
    Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
    - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
    Originally posted by kthx
    Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

what are you going to do about the extra stars
    Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

Comment

jaa did you sign me yet you rascal you
      Originally posted by turmio
      jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
      Originally posted by grand
      I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Thursday Week 1 Bidding Update and IMPORTANT NOTE FOR CAPTAINS

Humid had a bit of a medical emergency this week, so he asked me tonight if I would do the bidding update. NOTE: BIDDING WILL END ON SATURDAY NIGHT THIS WEEK TO COMPENSATE FOR UNCLEAR STATUS ON THE EXTRA * AND THE LATE BIDDING UPDATE.. Also, barring a technical problem, the bonus *'s should be added to the captains tomorrow.

On to the bids...

Emofucks leads smurf with a bid of 18*. Time remaining: 8-10 hours.
        Candy King leads Juvy with a bid of 12*. Time remaining 12-16 hours.
        EZ or Wut leads golden duck with a bid of 12*. Time remaining 16-24 hours.
        Gympsy Humpers leads jeenyuss with a bid of 19*. Time remaining 24-36 hours.
        Blood Choke leads Tigron-X with a bid of 12*. Time remaining 48 hours.

Finished bids:
        EZ or Wut won Casket for 5/5/4/14.
        Emofucks won revered for 4/4/5/13.
        Emofucks won Exalt for 4/4/5/13. (There, now you have your 6* you wanted.)
        Emofucks won Rogue for 12/12/12/36.
        Emofucks won Havok for 5/5/6/16.

Blood Choke is currently the only squad under the roster limit. They need to pickup 1 more player in the next 48 hours.
        When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

u gonna let them take smurf and juv for 6* eligibility? cmon yall
          Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

Comment

Apparently yes on Juvy.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

I dont really get how Smurf isn't in my roster with all my other picks as I placed my stars on him at the same time as all the others and there was clearly 48 hours passed. But yeah.. make up a rule and give stars to people 8 hours after so they can contest that bid. Whateverrrr

Comment

Someone else bid on him earlier, before the bonus *'s were given. And since the bid has not expired yet, I would assume there is another. Bids expire 48 hours after the last bid, so a new bid reset the timer. As another point, the bonus * should have been given earlier if humid/zazu were not away earlier in the week.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

Doesnt change the fact that I did all my bids at the same time and that Smurf should have been acquired like all the others. Either give me everyone or put them all on the same remaining time.

This system is so much fail

Comment

Smurf wasn't acquired at the same time as your other bids because he was the only one with a bid from someone else on him at the time the others expired. Are you understanding this? Bids expire 48 hours from the time of the latest bid, so a new bid from someone starts the 48 hour clock over again. That is what "changes the fact".

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

What a coincidence Singer is captain of 'emofucks'. Fits him well.
                      Don't cry about "change of rules" if you haven't read/understood the rules. The system is not a fail at all, it works fine and everything is being controlled just fine.
                      TW Web Developer

4:vys> yo
                      4:vys> 1 day ill be staff
                      4:vys> know it for sure
                      4:vys> yo P_L already told me that i'd be ZH one day when deluge is sys op and method owns TW

2:money> zazu got zizu'd when he should have zizzo'd

3:Lizard Fuel <ER>> !tell stop meeting girlfriends on subspace, who are you, hurricane?
                      3:RoboHelp> Told moth about stop meeting girlfriends on subspace, who are you, hurricane?
                      3:Lizard Fuel <ER>> oh sht

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mage View Post
                        Smurf wasn't acquired at the same time as your other bids because he was the only one with a bid from someone else on him at the time the others expired. Are you understanding this? Bids expire 48 hours from the time of the latest bid, so a new bid from someone starts the 48 hour clock over again. That is what "changes the fact".
                        In your previous post: "Emofucks leads smurf with a bid of 18*. Time remaining: 8-10 hours."

I dont see any contesting from this? My point is I did my bid on Smurf on the same time as all the others and yet you put him up as 8 hours left before being acquired. Are you understanding this? Eat shit faggot.

Comment

Originally posted by Zazu View Post
                          What a coincidence Singer is captain of 'emofucks'. Fits him well.
                          Don't cry about "change of rules" if you haven't read/understood the rules. The system is not a fail at all, it works fine and everything is being controlled just fine.
                          And as to you, I aint crying at all Im just pointing out truths and facts, if it seems like Im throwing blows at TWDT then it's probably cause it's filled with errors. Sorry. Eat shit faggot.

Comment

ANY bids reset the timer to 48 hours. The update only shows the LEADING bids. I think that should clear up the misunderstanding. There WAS 8-10 hours left on the bid (even including the reset from the other bid), but since it has not expired, you should assume there is yet another bid, and this time I would assume higher than your previous bid since the better could see your bet.

Is it a perfect system? Probably not. Perhaps next year we could make it so that only a higher bid resets the timer. This is the first year of this system, but it is WAAAY better than last year's system. At least you have a chance to increase your bid in this system instead of just being sniped.

Also, stop being a dick to unpaid volunteers giving their time to help you enjoy a game. I answered your first post with straight information and no attitude and you gave me an ultimatum that didn't make sense because you hadn't read all the posts in the forums from last week about bidding. If you don't want to be a cap, someone else on your team can take over. All the TWDT policies were correctly followed in this case, so I'm not sure what blows you are throwing at TWDT.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

Oh wow okay a lower bid also resets the timer, I guess that explains it then.. even tho I dont get why it should work that way. But yeah okay, I'm done being an emofuck even tho it's fun, peeeeace

Comment

Working...
                              X