Important scheduling info plz read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important scheduling info plz read

So can we have a final decision on whats going to happen for the games this coming sunday? I really would like to know because plans will have to be worked around etc etc so we really need to know if we're going to play and when at least a few days ahead of time...

My personal recommendation is just skip at least this week being July 4th etc etc as I know the majority of the USA do things like bbqs with their families in the afternoon

yea ambro.
    TWL14 semi finalist - Dark
    2010 TWDTB+Overall Champion
    TWLJ 13 Finalist - Boss
    TWLB 12 Champion- Penetrate
    cres> I am gr8 influence on curse life
    Curse> "Anyone who vs me I will vs bak and destroy. it's like murdering someone but it's self defense". Qoute by crackheads.... "I swear I wasn't lieing! I was telling the truth in my own way!"

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n.../lethal777.jpg

Comment

I say, definatly play this weekend...
      If a cap has a team consisting of only americans, he is just a bad cap, he could have worked around this issue... 4th of july is only an American holiday, so it doesn't affect most other people, atleast not me... So I really want this weekend to be played... If your team consists of mostly American PPL, you are just a bad cap for not taking this given into account when picking players for your team...

There has never been any exceptions on Dutch Holidays or typical Dutch fests, so why should these American fucktards be threated any differently? And WC is on Friday and Saturday this weekend, so it doesn't affect that either...

WC finals is on Sunday though, which is a worldwide event... So I'd say if anything: Skip Next weekend and play this weekend... And yes, all you Americans complaining about not being able to play with the Superbowl(only you watch) being a few hours after, should atleast understand how we cannot play during the WC-finals(ALl the rest of the world watches and even some of them USA scum has come around to watching) or a few hours after... And yes: the World Cup football is way more important then regular season of HandEgg...

In conclusion: Take the worldwide events/holidays into account while deciding wether or not to postpone a week...
      Dont take National wide events/holdidays into account, because when you do it for the one country, the only fair thing to do is to do it for every country and that is just workable...
      TWLM-J Champion Season 8 :wub:
      TWLM-D Champion Season 9 <_<
      TWLM-B Champion Season 10 :pirate2:
      First person to win all different TWLM'ers :greedy:

Comment

if youre going to skip one skip the other. otherwise play both weekends. if forfeits happen, then they happen. the same argument can be used against you pj. if you dont have enough americans to play during the WC finals then you didnt cap right. derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp.

edit: not taking national events into things are fine unless they are coming from the nation with the largest playerbase... then its probably smart to consider it.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

However this playerbase doesn't even entail 25% of the entire playerbase...

And if those pub statistics prove anything differently, it just proves that USA players are the worst double-squadders/multinamers and that country has the most newbs...

Comment

Originally posted by PjOtTeR View Post
            However this playerbase doesn't even entail 25% of the entire playerbase...

And if those pub statistics prove anything differently, it just proves that USA players are the worst double-squadders/multinamers and that country has the most newbs...
            think about twdt alone, not the entire tw playerbase.

Comment

ah well fuck it. lets just agree that both weekends will be similarily crippled. either play both weeks crippled or play neither.

i suggest playing both weeks. some americans will show up to the one this sunday and some euros will show up to the one on the finals. its bound to happen.

Comment

I agree that if you aren't going to skip a USA holiday which is a big one for us, then WC finals shouldn't be skipped either. I won't miss either weekend if they are played but I will probably be pretty hungover this weekend since there is a big party for this lesnar v carwin match saturday. So, I say don't skip either weekend because this league shouldn't be drawn out anymore than it already is with the whole preseason crap and blah blah blah.
                A glass can only spill what it contains.

"Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."

"I do not really understand myself these days. I am supposed to be an average, reasonable, & intelligent young man. However, lately (I cannot recall when it started) I have been a victim of many unusual & irrational thoughts."-Charles Whitman

Comment

According to the TWD country stats, USA has as many players roughly as the rest of the world combined. So pretty much we are screwed either weekend (I live in USA but I want to watch world cup finals too). Humid and I are from America, Tres and Zazu from Europe, so we are split too. I will not be online Sunday

4th of July is an all day/weekend affair usually with cookouts during the day and fireworks at night. There's no good time to play it on Sunday that would have us avoid missing 40% of the playerbase.

World Cup final is a 3-4 hour event (including drinking/socializing) that will probably affect like 50% of the playerbase. Still think the games can be played at a later time to accommodate a higher % of players.

Missing two straight weeks would kill interest in the league.
                  When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

All I'm saying: if you dont play it this weekend, certainly don't play it next weekend cus birthright is stupid....

Comment

Yeah Pjotter but there is one thing you are forgetting. America is actually an important country in the world, and being an American gives us the right to make you shitty eurotrash wait a week for twdt games, and you should be fucking happy that you are allowed to take a week off because of Americans because otherwise you would be out killing jews and saluting the Nazi banner while burning books and there wouldn't be a world cup to watch. It would be the Allies and Axis cup, so how about you show some proper respect for the most important country in the world.
                      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Working...
                      X