This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 4 Recap

Let me get this out of the way first: The big winner of this week (despite the scores) was Lizard Fuel. No forfeits for Emofucks despite the World Cup game going into extra time (although they did play basing with 7...). You have to start somewhere with rebuilding.

Other headlines...top5squad (formed primarily as a dueling juggernaut) lost in warbird, but won in jav (something I thought impossible before the year started) and base. Underground went 3-0 overall while Emofucks and Gypsy Humpers went winless.

Dueling highlights: I was out watching the World Cup and I arrived home just as the first round was finishing, so I can't really tell you much about the games. From the stats..Minotar put up a surprising 14-8 against Emofucks (where Kthx managed to finally put his money where his mouth was by leading his team and going positive 12-10). I.D. (who I haven't seen warbird in years) went 14-6 against Gypsy Humpers. Chuckle also had 14 kills in the same game. Ice-T got a kill over even for the losing squad. Raspi dominated as usual (15-8) for Ez or Wut over Ruby. Jones (13-8) also put in a good showing, while High Templar (13-10) is now +18 over 3 games in this season (although his team lost today). Misled probably gets the game ball for the day going 17-7 for Blood Choke against Top5squad.

Javelin Highlights: Top5squad's jav roster is a joke. Yet somehow we are 2-2 (the same record as our dueling). B4sERmaN75_X and Sir Spider both went 13-8 in the win over Emofucks. It was a close game throughout, but top5squad was able to avoid players getting KO'd, so the margin eventually increased at the end. Exquisite (9-10) and Lizard Fuel (10-10) played pretty well for Emofucks.

A couple of captains took command in the next few games... Ease took care of business (15-7) for his squad as they beat Blood Choke. Necromotic (13-10) played well in defeat. Meanwhile, Dreamwin (13-6) took the beating stick to Candy King. Hypocrit (13-9) helped him assassinate the King. The stats aren't up for Ruby's win over Gypsy Humpers, but it was by a decent margin. I'll just assume that Draft played and did well so that I can keep the same thesis (I feel like Fox News).

Basing Highlights: In the closest basing game of the week, Top5squad beat Ez Or Wut (15:00-2:19). BrokenFist's lag is still broken (also he's really good...9 TeKs in a 17 minute game), Zung kicks ass, etc. Also Jaa drafts 12 terriers but somehow still we have a week where none show (although B4sERmaN75_X played pretty well). The other games are barely worth going into... Gypsy Humpers and Emofucks played with 7 players. don't know what Blood Choke's excuse was against Ruby, but it seems that Cintra had lag problems in terr, and their lineup was filled with birds and javs. For Ruby, Draft went unkilled in terr.

Players that deserve to be flamed:
    Arjen Robben (missing a golden chance and acting like a general d-bag)
    Scarce (1-10) Jav and (28-43) spider?
    Zapata (4-10) WB
    Reab (1-10) WB (rest of the team was only -3)
    Hypocrit (3-9) WB
    Regen (4-10) WB
    G.I. Joe_ (2-8) Jav
    Sakke (3-6) Jav (rest of team was +15)
    Temporary (2-6) Jav plus 2 lagouts
    Tigron-X (3-10) Jav (rest of team was -7)
    Cintra (18-21) Terr 5 lagouts
    Sakke (0-76) with 2 TKs. (you know you didn't have a good game when you had more TKs than real ones).
    Last edited by Black Mage; 07-12-2010, 02:16 AM.
    When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

regret not drafting brokenfist/dald

seriously

they better not both be on the same team
    (Steadman)>they went out drinking... ogron siaxis and siaxis gf
    (Steadman)>apparently ogron is EXTREMELY morbidly obese and ridiculously sweaty
    (Steadman)>and he spend the entire night being awkward and staring at siaxis gf
    (Steadman)>and after that they did not meet up again...

Iron Survivor> you missed something in your sig. he also smells like cheese

Comment

I just needed another reason to get my post count 1 closer to 1000, but I don't really have much to say.

I better get an opportunity next season to cap a REAL team for putting up with this shit. (I've been an assistant 3 times now)

Out of all the new people I added to our roster, only 2 bothered showing up this week. If this shit doesn't change in the next week or 2, I might just say fuck it too. Not gonna ruin my sunday afternoons if nobody is gonna show up.

As for you top5squad, shame on you for letting me go 1:1 in the yellow ship.

29 posts to go

Comment

You know things were pretty fucked this week, we had some Americans who didn't give a shit about the world cup esc + q after the games weren't hosted at the correct times becuase they had shit to do. Holding up your set times for the world cup finals is bullshit, especially after trying to make Americans play last week during the 4th. Truly a shitty idea to just not put this tournament on hold for two weeks.
        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
          You know things were pretty fucked this week, we had some Americans who didn't give a shit about the world cup esc + q after the games weren't hosted at the correct times becuase they had shit to do. Holding up your set times for the world cup finals is bullshit, especially after trying to make Americans play last week during the 4th. Truly a shitty idea to just not put this tournament on hold for two weeks.
          GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
            yeah because that 10 minute delay was such a life changing experience life and there's no way americans, out of all the people, could possibly wait that long for twdt to start, right? besides, no one ever announced that twdt won't be played, so they (those fools that left) shouldn't be idiots and assume things like that without talking with humid or some other twdt operator first. that's like saying that there's no TWL because the adverts got delayed by by a few minutes.

also, it seems like humid is on a tight schedule at the moment. for some reason we (staff) want twl to start as soon as possible, hence why we could not put this tournament on hold for two weeks. though in my opinion twl shouldn't be for another 3 or 4 months. oh well! :fear:

Comment

Originally posted by kthx
              Originally posted by Summa View Post
              If the WC does go to extra time or pens, I will consider delaying the matches until 5 est
              You posted in that thread 3 times Kthx. And it's been said numerous times why the league was not suspended for 2 weeks. Put more effort into these trolls kthx, you're letting me down.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

It isn't trolling when its the truth, three people from emofucks left the game while waiting the extra time for twtd to start.
                Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Fuck you all twdt should have waited until after 4th and world cup fuck u stupid shits. have some patience. I'm backing up kthx here because truth > all
                  TWL14 semi finalist - Dark
                  2010 TWDTB+Overall Champion
                  TWLJ 13 Finalist - Boss
                  TWLB 12 Champion- Penetrate
                  cres> I am gr8 influence on curse life
                  Curse> "Anyone who vs me I will vs bak and destroy. it's like murdering someone but it's self defense". Qoute by crackheads.... "I swear I wasn't lieing! I was telling the truth in my own way!"

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n.../lethal777.jpg

Comment

I think Curse agreeing with Kthx hurts his argument more than anything.

Can't help people making dumb, ignorant choices kthx. If they don't want to wait 10 minutes to play and thus leave and hurt their team, thats their choice. If you don't want dick teammates who don't care and won't show, work with Lizard Fuel on replacing them. The time we played at was the best available option, end of story.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

you stfu blackmage. you are too stupid enough to follow logic and support it. should have skipped twdt for two weeks. We did that with twl didn't affect much. but if the best players from each squad don't show up for league then what's the fucking point.
                      TWLJ 13 Finalist - Boss
                      Curse> "Anyone who vs me I will vs bak and destroy. it's like murdering someone but it's self defense". Qoute by crackheads.... "I swear I wasn't lieing! I was telling the truth in my own way!"

Comment

The best available option was fucking over the eurotrash the same way you fucked over the American's the week before and just hosted the fucking games on time, with the same schedule as the week before.
                        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Let's see...we could host at a time where very few Europeans would show up and most Americans. Or we could host at a time when more Europeans and still most Americans (except apparently 3 members from your squad). Unless... you have research that proves that fucking over the Europeans would have had an equivalent or greater number of Americans show up at 2 as the Europeans showed up at 5? You've got 3 so far, that's a start. Put out a league-wide survey. Get on it Kthx! Show me as many Americans as possible who did not show because the games were at 5 instead of 2 (someone who would not have shown at 2 also doesn't count).

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

Originally posted by curse View Post
                            you stfu blackmage. you are too stupid enough to follow logic and support it. should have skipped twdt for two weeks. We did that with twl didn't affect much. but if the best players from each squad don't show up for league then what's the fucking point.
                            May as well cancel a week any time a 10 star warbird has something else going on, then.
                            GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

ten star anything is what makes this game interesting FYI not shitty 4 star bitches.
                              TWLJ 13 Finalist - Boss

Comment

Working...
                              X