X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWDT2010 Week 5 Hot or Not

TWDTJ

HOT

Top5squad defeated Blood Choke (50-32) fairly easily in the first game of the day. According to Sir Spider, Riverside (14-8) was "hotter than interpol chasing down wikileaks". Whatever that means, I assume its something from the "real world." Havok (12-8, added as an inactive switch) and Kawrae (7-4) did well in their debuts for Top5squad, which has now won 3 straight javelin matches in a row. Scarce (12-10) was above replacement level in the loss for Blood Choke. In the GAME OF THE WEEK, Gypsy Humpers prevailed versus Underground (50-47). In this very tough match, it was still 4v4 with under 2 minutes to go. It was a back and forth game: Gypsy Humpers was up 10-6, then Underground was up 22-20, then Gyspy Humpers was up 32-27, then Underground was up 44-42. Eventually, Gypsy Humpers made the shots when it counted and won the game with 2 seconds left. They were carried by Eelam (15-10) and Mess (13-8), while maketso was still alive at the end (10-9). Underground had a few outstanding performances also from waven (started 8-1 and finished 17-10) and Zidane (13-8 at one point but finished 13-10). In familiar news, Emofucks forfeited to EZ or Wut. As my friend used to say (and then we mocked him behind his back)... "I'm disappointed, but I'm not surprised." Also, the match between Ruby and Candy King was appealed and will be replayed later. A few shoutouts anyways: Evildeed (11-7), not in game (6-3), 24 (7-5) did well in the game that won't count. Also Hurricane was 7-1 before he blundered out of base.

MVPs: Mess and Eelam (13-8, 15-10)- Couldn't decide whom to give it to so I compromised.

Honorable Mentions: Waven, Riverside, Zidane, Havok, Kawrae, Evildeed

NOT

All of Emofucks except Exquisite and Machine of God. How do 28 members of a squad not show? You guys didn't even have any forfeits last week, sigh. Thrill (3-10) and Zyclon (4-10) struggled greatly against a javelin line put forth by Top5Squad that I don't think anyone thinks is championship worthy. Bill C (4-10) and Gazo (5-10) played poorly although their squad won the GAME OF THE WEEK. In that same game I.D. (3-10) couldn't get kills, but did manage to stay alive until the end. Struck (2-4) and dald (1-6) combined for a 3-10 also in the defeat, with Struck getting his last death by pulling a Hurricane. Also, apparently Ease "can't fly" with his new keyboard. Although Hurricane and Candy King had the rules on their side...just stay in base next time.

LVP: dald and I.D (1-6, 3-10)- Decided to mirror the MVP.

Dishonorable Mentions: Emofucks, Gazo, Thrill, Zyclon, Bill C, Struck
    Last edited by Black Mage; 07-18-2010, 05:47 PM. Reason: added content
    When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

Reserved for Basing.

TWDTB

HOT

In basing action this week, Candy King survived a furious rally from Ruby to prevail (15:00-13:14). CK stormed out to a 10:00-1:00 early lead, however, Ruby were able to take base and hold cram several times and storm back to tie the game around ~12:00. However, Candy King captain M_M God (103-61, MVP javelin) took the game into his own hands and hit some big shots for his team as they managed to take back control of the base and the game. Jamal, as usual, led Ruby (126-60, spider) in its comeback attempt, but as a whole you could tell that Ruby had the advantage at spider (Spezza <TW>, Solacer, Rucci, and with the help of using Anidalife as a lanc as opposted to a jav). That means of course that I should give credit to Burnt (44-7, terrier) for piloting Candy King, and pinkstar and Vatican Assassin for doing a good job sharking.

In other action, Underground didn’t quite have enough to handle Blood Choke (12:10-15:00). Blood Choke led the whole way, but it was not a foregone conclusion throughout as the lead oscillated between 2 and 5 for most of the match. Zyclon (94-76, MVP lancaster) took the kill bacon for Blood Choke, whereas I.D. had the best record in the match (106-58) for Underground. In the moments of this match that I watched, Cintra’s (56-8, terrier) play really stood out to me as the difference between the teams, by staying alive and getting kills.

In the two unfortunate matches of the week, Top5Squad received the forfeit win of the week over Emofucks. Emofucks missed out on Jaa playing terrier. Too bad. Also, Gypsy Humpers defeated Ez or Wut (15:00-1:58). Ez or Wut only played with 7 players, so it is pretty remarkable that they were able to get 2 minutes of flag time at all. Shoutout to Sakke (33-28) for going positive in the match. Eelam put up a sick rec (40-20 with 4 terr kills) as shark for Gypsy Humpers.

MVP: Cintra (56-8, terrier)

Honorable Mentions: M_M God, Jamal, Zyclon, Sakke, Eelam, I.D., Pinkstar/Vatican Assassin

NOT

In Ruby’s loss to Candy King, they had some early shark troubles (Starting smurf and then replacing him, a dwopple lagout, etc.). Once they sorted that out, they began their comeback. It seems like Draft is weekly shuffling his roster to find the ideal lineup, but he has not found it yet (although perhaps the roster at the end of this match would be a good place to start). Zeebu (68-66) of Candy King had a poor rec when compared to the rest of the players who played. Turban (regicide, spider) had some lag problems for Underground that certainly didn’t help matters in their attempt to close the gap. Quartz was obviously pushing aggressively for Underground, but he suffered 20 more deaths than any other spider on his squad while not getting many kills and a team loss to show for it. And obviously the members of Ez or Wut and Emofucks who did not show.

LVP: Emofucks and Ez or Wut members who did not show

Dishonorable Mentions: Smurf, Zeebu, Quartz, Turban
    Last edited by Black Mage; 07-21-2010, 07:04 PM.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

Reserved for Dueling.

TWDTD

HOT

The best match of the dueling week in dueling came down to ironic impacts from infrequent warbirds. Blood Choke defeated Candy King (50-46) despite flared of Candy King putting up the most kills of the dueling week (17-10). Thrill, the captain of Blood Choke, was forced to play dueling due to not having any other players online who hadn’t played in the other 2 leagues. He did not play especially well (6-9), but his team won anyways. Yakuza, fortunately, did play well (13-8) for Blood Choke. Jaa went with his gut controversially this week by benching Vys in favor of Rasaq (9-8). Top5Squad did win over Gypsy Humpers (50-41), so the gambit seems to have worked in the short term, but if Vys quits on the team because of it, Jaa may have lost a valuable asset in the long run (feel free to discuss the merits of doing the right thing versus the enabling thing in reply). B4sERmaNXX_X continued his strong play (13-9) on the year, while money (12-9) made his debut as an inactive switch and looks like a steal for 6*. Vash started quick (8-4) but his team crumbled around him (13-10 finish) in the loss. In the last played game of the week, Underground had a fairly easy time of it against Ruby (50-34). Quartz (16-6) put up the best differential of the week, while Ease ONLY had a +5 (12-7) this week. Jamal was even (10-10) and the best score for Ruby. I guess I should mention that Ez or Wut got the forfeit from Emofucks.

MVP: Yakuza (13-8)- Put up the best score in the closest game.

Honorable Mentions: Quartz, Ease, Flared, Yakuza, B4sERmaNXX_X, money, Lofty, Vash

NOT

Emofucks. Hurricane (2-7) was subbed in for Fludd (1-3), while Spezza <TW> (0-5) was subbed out for Evildeed (1-5). You know you’re having a bad WB day when your cap is relying on Fludd and Evildeed to play quality minutes for you (especially one that was only lost by 4 points in the case of Fludd/Candy King). Stylez also started poorly and finished just as poorly (0-3 to 1-6 subbed out) for Gypsy Humpers. Also peculiarly (and there could be a good reason I don’t know about), Maketso gave Sarrow (4-10) the start over Paska, who was indeed there at the beginning. Crome (6-10) didn’t give flared much help. Lastly, Apok (6-10) did not live up to his standards.

LVPs: Spezza <TW> (0-5) and Evildeed (1-5)

Dishonorable Mentions: Hurricane, Fludd, Sarrow, Stylez, Crome, Apok
      Last edited by Black Mage; 07-23-2010, 01:36 AM. Reason: Thrill's correction

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

Did humid accept the appeal yet? No so game still counts as of now stfu.
        TWL14 semi finalist - Dark
        2010 TWDTB+Overall Champion
        TWLJ 13 Finalist - Boss
        TWLB 12 Champion- Penetrate
        cres> I am gr8 influence on curse life
        Curse> "Anyone who vs me I will vs bak and destroy. it's like murdering someone but it's self defense". Qoute by crackheads.... "I swear I wasn't lieing! I was telling the truth in my own way!"

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n.../lethal777.jpg

Comment

Finally added everything. Sorry I had a busy few days. In order to make it up to you guys, I'll write a preview article this week since we're getting close to determining who makes the playoffs.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

Just a slight modification, fludd was actually subbed out for hurricane who then went 2-7

Comment

That makes much more sense, but it must have been quick damn.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

hurricane > fludd anyday.
                TWL14 semi finalist - Dark
                2010 TWDTB+Overall Champion
                TWLJ 13 Finalist - Boss
                TWLB 12 Champion- Penetrate
                cres> I am gr8 influence on curse life
                Curse> "Anyone who vs me I will vs bak and destroy. it's like murdering someone but it's self defense". Qoute by crackheads.... "I swear I wasn't lieing! I was telling the truth in my own way!"

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n.../lethal777.jpg

Comment

i got lvp'd shit

i hate under

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Working...
                  X