This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appeal: TWDTJ, Candy King vs. Ruby

An appeal was made earlier by the captain of Candy King (M_M God) regarding the outcome of this game.

http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...l=1#post766877

Hurricane was on 7-1 before he drifted over the line & out of base, when the bot removed him from the game (7-10). Just before Hurricane was removed both teams had 5 players and the score was Candy King 26 - Ruby 30.

http://trenchwars.org/twdt/rules.php

Gameplay
    • Gameplay will be the same as TWL with the minor exceptions listed below.
    • During basing, a maximum of 4 spiders per team will be implemented, and it will be time race to 15 minutes.
    • TWDT-J and TWDT-D games will only be one round.
    • Maps for all arenas will have slight variations that will change every TWDT to create a similar yet ever-changing arena each season to test players' true skills.
    • In the playoff finals TWDT-J and TWDT-D will be 3 rounds and TWDT-B will be a time race to 20 minutes.

In TWLJ if a player goes over the line/ out of base +1 is added to their deaths. This should have been the case in TWDTJ and the bot should have been programmed to do this - Candy Kings appeal is perfectly valid and was accepted by myself and BlackMage. I've already spoken with a member of botdev who will now make the correct changes to the matchbot so in the future it adds +1 death in to a players record in this situation instead of removing from the game with 10 deaths.

The captain of Ruby (draft) has failed to negotiate for a time to be played so we are scheduling it for week 7.
    Last edited by Tres; 07-18-2010, 05:11 PM.

Originally posted by Tresmius View Post
    Ruby (draft) has failed
    yep
    Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

Comment

lol where is humid? my appeal was almost identical and he declined it, so i have no doubt he'll decline this one as well.

:Tresk how about my appeal 2 weeks ago? the schedule stated that base game would start at 2pm est, but humid changes the time to 2:30pm est'ish
      :Tres:which screws me over
      :Tres:appeal sounds perfectly legitmate as well
      :Tres:especially when i appealed BEFOREhand, not AFTER
      (Tres)>well i would've accepted that and scheduled a replay but it was humids decision...
      (Tres)>how about we schedule it for week 7 then humid can cancel that if he disagrees after talking with you

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________

8:Ease> they've had 4 weeks
      8:Ease> to see that ppl don't get +1
      8:Ease> from running outside
      8:Ease> you can't appeal that
      8:Ease> it could work in week 1
      8:Ease> but not week 5.....
      8raft> thats what im trying to tell Tres..

edit:ill have loads of appeals from the last 4 weeks (even if they aren't on my team i'll help em out) for people falling out of base and getting specced

try me

also, who said it was only 30-26 for us? felt like 36-26
      Last edited by Draft; 07-18-2010, 05:46 PM.
      (Steadman)>they went out drinking... ogron siaxis and siaxis gf
      (Steadman)>apparently ogron is EXTREMELY morbidly obese and ridiculously sweaty
      (Steadman)>and he spend the entire night being awkward and staring at siaxis gf
      (Steadman)>and after that they did not meet up again...

Iron Survivor> you missed something in your sig. he also smells like cheese

Comment

The score said it was 30-26. That's who. Also, how in any way is your appeal almost identical? One is a bot/rules issue, and the other was an Op decision you felt did not favor you.

I also love Draft threatening us. Only the victim can appeal and only quickly after the incident. From the rules:

"-Filing appeals: Upon an event occurring that may have been the result of excessive lag, cheating, or a bot issue; please contact your host right away so that he/she can make note of it. If it is not reported in an expedient manner (i.e. before the match is over barring it is not the last death) then it will be rendered a [moot] point. "
        When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

ok mr volunteer.

my appeal: gametime was fucked
          his appeal: gameplay was fucked
          not identical, similar?

if you see my above quote about Tres, Tres would of accepted my appeal, humid would not.

I want the same person to be in charge of appeals, let humid handle it since he already started from last week.
          if he declined mines, i don't see a reason for him not to decline his, both our appeals are legit.

YOU EITHER ACCEPT BOTH APPEALS OR DECLINE BOTH APPEAL

also, this is WEEK 5 not WEEK 1, don't pull loopholes this late please, you have more than enough time (4 weeks) to fix this shit.. don't do it when Ruby destroys you.

edit: lets not end the game asap cause hurricane got specced cause we still might have a chance to win, lets do it IF ruby wins the twdtj game, right blackmage/tres/mm god?

look at it from my point of view..don't bullshit me i won't bullshit you (the threats above)

Comment

time and time again Ruby gets fucked over due to others mistakes, this ends now

Comment

i dont usually read these forums but draft is such a fucking faggot

Comment

nobody knows who you are

Comment

I'm Casket, you were in my squad and never went +

Comment

i don't any caskets and i don't join newbie squads, ignored.

waiting for humid or someone worthy of talking to

Comment

At least you proved my point, such a fucking faggot

Comment

I've already spoken with a member of botdev who will now make the correct changes to the matchbot so in the future it adds +1 death to a players record in this situation instead of removing from the game with 10 deaths.
                        It never got done, the member of botdev who said they'd look at it last Sunday was apparently too busy all week as were all of the other members of botdev I asked between then and now. Hopefully someone will look at it before next weeks games...

Make sure to tell your players to stay inside base when playing TWDTJ.

Comment

It never got done, the member of botdev who said they'd look at it last Sunday was apparently too busy all week as were all of the other members of botdev I asked between then and now. Hopefully someone will look at it before next weeks games...

Make sure to tell your players to stay inside base when playing TWDTJ.

you just gave a loophole to everyone who is going to lose the game. where is humid, its passed thursday

Comment

I support Tres' decision as acting head op during my absence.

An explanation: As you all recall, the bots shat their pants during the "pre-season" week. When this occurred we were forced to re-make the TWDTJ and TWDTB modules (DTD was quite easy to fix). For this, we used the TWJD module as our basis and adjusted from there. In my instruction of what I wanted, I did not remember this rule change between TWD and TWL, and thus it was not programmed into the new module. I see this as a legitimate complaint, and one that can be quite easily resolved with a replay (since the game was not at a stage where it was readily apparent who was going to win).

I would like to note the though:
                            The bot will likely not be modified before the conclusion of the league, and thus I will not be accepting any more appeals based on this reasoning. This is the bot we have and these are the rules we have. Deal with them accordingly.
                            TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
                            TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
                            Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
                            - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
                            Originally posted by kthx
                            Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

Working...
                            X