X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWDT2010 Week 6 Preview and Predictions

TWDTJ
    2pm EST
    *Players listed are those who are likely to show (6* players in italics). My prediction in bold.

Ez or Wut (3-2) vs. Gypsy Humpers (2-3)

EZ or Wut: Dreamwin, Rendered, hypocrit, euforia, Sakke, Zizzo
    Gypsy Humpers: Pjotter, Maketso, Mess, Eelam, Bill C, Gazo, Mikkiz, Cuji

Ez or Wut surely won't have to worry about a shortage of 6* players, that is for sure. After a 0-2 start against tough opponents, Ez or Wut has won 3 straight (against Blood Choke, Candy King, and an Emofucks' forfeit). They meet a Gypsy Humpers squad who on paper has more talent. Gypsy Humpers used that talent last week to knock off previously undefeated Underground in the Game of the Week. That followed 2 weeks of poor showing and getting blown out due to the World Cup and 4th of July. Both teams are peaking towards the right time, but Gypsy Humpers need this game more for playoff positioning, and I think they will be the team on the rise after this week.

Ruby (3-1) vs. Top5squad (3-2)

Ruby: 24, Draft, EvilDeed, Raples, Chance, not in game, Jamal, Apok
    Top5Squad: Dead_Rain, Kawrae, B4sERmaN75_x, havok, Vys, Sir Spider, Kira_Yammato~

Still have no idea how Top5Squad has 3 wins in a row (well 2 and a half). A few WBs who can jav and a few misfit javs picked up in free agency make up the line. Vys, who is having a terrific jav year, may not show though, which is a shame because he has been showing he can play base and jav as well as WB. Otherwise, Jaa has inspired terrific attendance this year. Ruby would be 4-1 (waiting on the appeal replay), with their only loss to the top team of Underground. The only weakness of their line seems to be a lack of reliability and depth in their 6* players. In the end, Ruby will probably prove to be too strong and a serious contender for the jav title.

Emofucks (0-5) vs. Blood Choke (2-3)

Emofucks: Not even worth bothering
    Blood Choke: Marge, Kid Cudi, Thrill, Scarce, Zyclon, Major Crisis

Blood Choke wins in a forfeit. Blood Choke has a decent line when they get everyone to show, but that hasn't been a regularity, which explains their loss to Top5Squad last week.

Underground (4-1) vs. Candy King (2-2)

Underground: Ease, Waven, Regicide, Zidane, Struck, i.d., hulk
    Candy King: Fludd, Hurricane, M_M God, Children, Zeebu, PhyRe

Underground suffered its first loss last week (and they haven't faced Emofucks yet...they play them next week), but they are still the consensus top team. Very good attendance plus top talent is the recipe they follow. They aren't quite as good as last year's Revenge team, but they are still a force to be reckoned with. Candy King on the other hand just seems to be missing 1 or 2 quality players that would push them from mediocre to contender. Poor showings from their 4th-8th best players is mainly to blame for this. Unfortunately, I don't see them showing up this week, but I do see Underground winning this week and next to finish 6-1.
    When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

Twdtb

3pm EST
    *Players listed are those who are likely to show (6* players in italics). My prediction in bold.
    Lineups listed as: Terrier, Sharks, Spiders, Special (ship)

Underground (1-3) vs. Ruby (1-3)

Underground: Brookus, Humid/RageRitual/Hulk/Fit of Rage, I.D./Regicide/Hulk/Lionheart/Fit of Rage/Ardour, dald (jav)/Ardour (wb)
    Ruby: Draft/Raples/Cape, Dwopple/Raples/Scoop/Smurf, Jamal/Rucci/Spezza<TW>/Rapes/Solacer/Anidalife, Anidalife (Lanc)/Cape (Jav)

These are the two most disappointing teams of TWDTB, perhaps all of TWDT. Both teams need a win desperately for morales sake, as they both played well but lost last week. Underground's only win of the year so far came against Emofucks with 7 players, whereas Ruby got an actual forfeit from Blood Choke. Both teams are currently in the playoffs, but the winner of this game will have more momentum going forward. I do think both teams have enough talent on the roster to win a game or two in the basing playoffs. Underground has been struggling to fill the shark role (especially if humid has been called on to host), while Ruby just can't seem to fit all the pieces in the right combination. This is a very hard game to call, but I think Ruby is due for a win in this league.

Candy King (4-0) vs. Top5squad (4-0)
    Game of the Week

Candy King: Burnt, Vatican Assassin/Pinkstar/G.I. Joe_, Trasher/Mega/Zeebu/Minotar/Pressure Drop/el_mariachi, M_M God (Jav)/Mega (Jav)
    Top5Squad: Dead_Rain/Chief Utsav/thix, Oderus Urungus/Mythril/sCHOPe/Riverside, Renzi/zhou/zung/sCHOPe/Temporary/Rasaq, BrokenFist ( WB )/B4sERmaN75_x ( WB )

Here we are...the battle of the unbeatens. I thought both of these squads would be favorites before the season started and they have not let me down. Both squads have a bunch of talent on the roster...heck I left off Kawrae, Zizu and Vys from Top5Squad and they might even show (though I doubt it). Candy King's spiders are the only weakspot on their roster, and its not quite a weakspot as much as it is a "not as good as the rest of the parts" spot. Similarly, Top5Squad has put forth a bunch of various sharks since Oder and Duel Pasta have not been regularly showing (although no reason to suspect Oder wont be here Sunday), but because of the powers of BrokenFist and the excellent spiders top5squad puts out...the squad hasn't skipped a beat. Mega is key for Candy King. I saw what Ruby's spiders did to Candy King last week without him, and if Mega doesn't show to provide depth/let Anidalife spider, it will be Top5Squad heading into the last week of the regular season undefeated.

Ez or Wut (2-2) vs Blood Choke (2-2)

Ez Or Wut: Dreamwin/Zizzo, TABARNAK!!!/hypocrit/sakke, glavitik/NL>Trigger/Raspi/Jones/oops/sakke/zizzo, Raspi ( WB )
    Blood Choke: Cintra, Stabwound/Major Crisis/the_paul, Whimp/Zyclon/Misled/Saetep/Shan, Thrill(jav)

These two teams are tied in both the basing and overall standings (2-2, 8). They are both currently in the playoffs, but not in a great position. Ez or Wut has lost the last 2 basing games (as Dreamwin has been correctly complaining about his quality basers no longer showing). Blood Choke pulled out a close win last week, which was their first since the opening week. This game would seem to come down to who can show a better lineup, especially with Ez or Wut. Also watch out for Cintra...he has been a contender for 6* player of the year so far for Blood Choke. In the end, I'm going with the team with some momentum, so I'm picking Blood Choke to win it.

Gypsy Humpers (2-2) vs. Emofucks (0-4)

Gypsy Humpers: Mikkiz/Peace_Maker, Plenty O'Toole/Eelam/Bill C/lZ, Cripple/Gazo/Mess/L3MU3LNit3/lZ/Ice-T, Domi (jav), Ice-T (jav)
    Emofucks: None

Gypsy Humpers will win in a forfeit.
    Last edited by Black Mage; 07-24-2010, 04:58 AM.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

Twdtd

4pm EST

Ruby (2-3) vs. Candy King (3-2)

Ruby: Apok, Seismic, JAMAL, High Templar, Regen, EvilDeed
      Candy King: Burnt, Kyou, Hurricane, Crome, Ricko, PhyRe

Ruby was expected to contend for the WB title, but currently is on a 3-game losing streak (and one of their two wins was over Emofucks). A few of their expected starters have not been showing, but they've still got a few games left to turn it around. Top5Squad was in a similar position last year before winning the championship. On the other hand, Candy King has looked pretty good relative to expectations. Burnt has been a stabilizing presence in the lineup, but they need to find consistent 4th and 5th starters if they are going to have a shot at the title. For some reason, I just get the feeling that Draft's team (even though I picked them in the other 2 leagues) is coming apart on him, so I'm going to pick Candy King.

Emofucks (0-5) vs. Gypsy Humpers (1-4)

Emofucks: None
      Gypsy Humpers: Vash, Paska, Stylez, Mess, Sarrow, L3MU3L

Gypsy Humpers gets another forfeit from Emofucks. Sure will help their push for the playoffs.

Underground (4-1) vs. Top5squad (3-2)

Underground: Ease, Chuckle, Obi, Weak, Regicide, I.D., Fu Xi
      Top5Squad: B4sERmaN75_x, Mythril, Delectable, Riverside, Rasaq, Money, Jaa

Underground comes into this game the winners of 3 in a row, with their only loss on the season coming in the blowout against Candy King, which featured Hurricane's 17-1 game. However, if they want to win the championship they will have to go through Top5Squad's collection of talented nerds. Candy King also beat Top5Squad in the memorable 50-49 Bacon game (I like to associate as much as possible with Bacon because its delicious). so the teams have that in common. Top5Squad also lost 2 weeks ago to Blood Choke, and you can't help but feel that the lineup they have (even with Vys withdrawing himself from the league) that they are already underachieving. This will be a good test to see if they have what it takes...and I think Top5squad does it.

Blood Choke (4-1) vs. Ez or Wut (3-2)

Blood Choke: Lofty, Yakuza, Misled, Saetep, Lockdown, Thrill
      Ez or Wut: Raspi, Casket, Jones, Rookie, hypocrit

Blood Choke has won 4 straight games after losing their opener to Ruby. That seems to be overachieving looking at the players who have played in their games. If they and Underground both win this week, however, it will setup a hell of a game for the last week of the regular season. Ez or Wut has itself won two in a row. They have had a very solid top 3 and Rookie has played well this year, but they really need to find a consistent 5th starter, instead of the variety choice of basers and javs that they have been using every week. If a2m, Creature, Simple Mistake, or Refer showed up consistently, the squad could do some damage in the playoffs. As for this game, I don't think Blood Choke's run ends quite yet.
      Last edited by Black Mage; 07-24-2010, 04:58 AM.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

Constructive advice or flame, its all good

Well there are my predictions. I did this to generate some interest and talking about the league, so what are everyone else's predictions and/or comments about my article.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

i like reading these

Comment

yeah always fun to read the hot or not and predictions even if i take them with a pinch of salt.

cheers for the time and effort you put into them ^^
            In my world,
            I am King

sigpic

Comment

Yeayeayea! Keep it up, BM! Love reading these.
              3: ph> FUCK I DROPPED MY CUPCAKE
              -----
              Domi> hello cuti-pies
              Domi> Disqualifier> well howdy domi
              Domi> i.d.> nice to see you
              -----
              i.d.> So, what're you guys getting me for my birthday? :>
              Domi> a birthday suit? GET IT LOL
              -----
              Visit www.youtube.com/FieryFire3D for Trench Wars videos

Comment

apok mentioned before me in jav?!?
                4:BigKing> xD
                4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                4:BigKing> what did i do???
                4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                4:BigKing> ???? why though
                4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
                4:BigKing> xD

Comment

He's a 6* and I needed to list one that had played already for the squad...which is something you hadn't done in a while (as far as I knew)

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

Working...
                  X