Linux d00ds enter teh thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux d00ds enter teh thread

Yes, we all know Linux is the shit...no need to go over the subject of how much Linux owns Windows and all, but has anyone got to successfully run Continuum through WINE? If so, please explain what you did. SnrrrubSpace just ain't cuttin it.
    Surffaan näitä foorumeita munasillani.

Well, I have wine functioning... sort of. I'm able to play Windows Solitare. But when I attempt to launch Continuum, it gives me an error about the midi functionality of my soundcard, and something about loading the X11driver. I'll put some more enfort in to searching for a resolution later.
    -Dantax
    The Internet connects us all,
    The short, the fat, the thin, the tall,
    we buy, we sell, we learn, we grow,
    dial-up, fizz-fuzz, connect, let's go!

Comment

Haha snrrrrrubspace is so poor. firstly it is just a chat client, and it doesn't even work at that. i tried it on my mandrake 8 a while ago and it didnt work..

i tried to get my friend into subspace but he is a linux-only individual, and when he ran it on his slackware it would only display the entering sequence

i personally don't use mandrake much anymore, as XP is...i hate to say it... elite

being able to wine it would be cool though, i'm sure lots of linux-users are out there just begging to be called ez newbies.
      i'm bored

Comment

Originally posted by Dantax
        Well, I have wine functioning... sort of. I'm able to play Windows Solitare. But when I attempt to launch Continuum, it gives me an error about the midi functionality of my soundcard, and something about loading the X11driver. I'll put some more enfort in to searching for a resolution later.
        I got the same thing with the MIDI. ANd Continuum doesn't even use MIDI does it?

I can use SnrrrubSpace... i just need Continuum to play because you can't enter the game anymore without Continuum...

I can also play Quake III and Half-Life using WINE, and run various windows programs... which is cool.
        Surffaan näitä foorumeita munasillani.

Comment

I havn't heard of anyone being able to do it.. mostly it's hard to properly emulate directx through wine.. and even if it's done it's hard to get good performance... however I think I remember reading about a directx emulation project that actually worked quite well. I can't remember the name of it.. may have to search around.

-Spam
          Who got the boombeef?

Comment

Working...
          X