PDA

View Full Version : Opinions, please!

I.d.i.o.t.
10-05-2010, 12:25 PM
We're looking for your opinion on the next Basing World Cup. Should we leave it as BWC or should we change it to TWWC (Trench Wars World Cup), where captains will still only have people from their country compete in not only basing, but warbird and javelin as well. What do you think? Any and all feedback is appreciated.

Ara
10-05-2010, 01:59 PM
Very good idea i.d.! This could bring more life to continents and countries vs eachother battles. Make it happen

Vatican Assassin
10-05-2010, 02:13 PM
TWWC is ugly, CWC Continuum World Cup is the only way this is going to work people.

Not sure if there are enough people to make 8 teams.

Spikester
10-05-2010, 02:47 PM
Good idea! I don't know who the cap for team finland is but if the spot is still open i'd be up for it!

Major Crisis
10-05-2010, 02:49 PM
TWWC is ugly, CWC Continuum World Cup is the only way this is going to work people.

8 teams shouldnt be difficult if you see how many americans do play BD's. Thats like 5x the amount of benelux.

Good idea! I don't know who the cap for team finland is but if the spot is still open i'd be up for it!

That will be decided later ;)
First we have to see if there are enough people interested.

vaped
10-05-2010, 04:17 PM

This noob is down. I could probably convince a few other people I play with to try out BWC or TWWC or whatever it's going to be called.

I.d.i.o.t.
10-05-2010, 05:44 PM
I have to give credit where credit is due here, this was an idea that Onion Oppressor came up with. I think it would be great, but we're still looking for more opinions just to make sure there's enough interest.

Jerome Scuggs
10-05-2010, 10:56 PM
The Th@ Kill@ Memorial Tournament And Trench Wars Classic, or TTTMTATWC

Vatican Assassin
10-05-2010, 11:26 PM
Trench Wars Astronautic Tournament

Vatican Assassin
10-06-2010, 12:14 AM
TWAT GET IT HAHAHAHAHA

jerome coming up on 10,000th post tell him what he's won!

Fit of Rage
10-06-2010, 12:34 AM
he gets a date with zeus!!

Pressure Drop
10-06-2010, 09:06 AM
the idea isn't new o_O

1) it would need to be alot better organised than the last BWC which was an unmitigated disaster on every level

2) 8 teams would be hard to achieve in basing since the population has shrunk so dramatically specially outside USA/Canada

3) realise that sign up #'s isn't = turn up, specially if you rejig countries and also team captains extremely important, good showings in TWDT etc should be taken into consideration for capts.

so i'd suggest a format more akin to the Ryder cup where teams are cut down dramatically down to 4 teams or even 2 much larger teams (usa + canada vs europe + rotw or even USA + rotw vs europe & canada depending on sign up numbers) but then play more games and teams must play different lines and points dished out.

so say it's wb's do 4 games with different wbs in each game and give 1 point per win (possible 4-0 3-1 2-2) then same with javs & base (maybe base only 2 games with double points or same amount of games but 40% ppl allowed to play in more than 1 game due to 8's instead of 5's - again dependent of #'s and depth of ppl signing up.)

this might leave some ppl going "not enough games for me personally" as it would normally be 1 per league you get to play in (so 3 if you are a good all rounder and 1 if you 1 leaguer), but it could increase participation for those that dont get to play alot of TWDT or BWC in the past and be fun to be part of team depth and watch your team win/lose points for 4 weeks. ie 1 wb 1 jav and 1 bd a week

total could be out of 12 and individual winners for 3 leagues with a playoff if ppl really hate draws. amount of games/ pts could obviously be changed on signup numbers and lengthof tourny.

Vatican Assassin
10-06-2010, 01:30 PM
wrong thread omg oops btw i think PD may be onto something here

FieryFire
10-06-2010, 05:49 PM
TW Olympics :P

Sounds good. And the route you guys decide, I'll be there for coverage.

Draft
10-06-2010, 10:05 PM
trench wars shut the fuck cup

Weak
10-14-2010, 11:12 AM
I like CWC or u could just call in TWC (trench wars cup) and not only have games that we play in tw, but u could try and incorporate other zones too, so u increase the base of players and you bring more people into a "common zone environment) - just a thought.

kthx
10-14-2010, 11:33 AM
Sounds like TWL already.

You have the brazillians, the euros and the americans all on the same squads, and they play each other in three leagues.

Summa
10-18-2010, 11:28 AM
Sounds like TWL already.

You have the brazillians, the euros and the americans all on the same squads, and they play each other in three leagues.

Well, you see. We have a league where people voluntarily break themselves into groups (TWL), a league where people get drafted into groups (TWDT), and now its lookin like we are going to break em up by region. All of them are essentially the same. It's just a matter of givin the ole switcheroo. This is the CREATIVE zone.

Burnt
11-02-2010, 10:54 AM
Skip this failed league and play another TWL instead

the_paul
11-02-2010, 11:27 AM
The Th@ Kill@ Memorial Tournament And Trench Wars Classic, or TTTMTATWC

you missed a k

Soup du Jour
12-19-2010, 03:44 AM
ive got an opinion for you

show me your tits

Scurvy
12-19-2010, 04:00 AM
ive got an opinion for you

show me your tits

not an opinion

Leland
04-27-2015, 04:52 PM
bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers bring back supers