4 things to discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 things to discuss

Here's some ideas people have suggested, give your opinions on em.

1. Players should only be able to play the same player 3 times in 1 day (in any ladder).

2. Players should only be able to challenge opponents who are higher in rank than they are. Thus stopping high ranked players from challenging only newbies.

3. Players should lose rank for inactivity to stop them getting high ranks through feeding and then not accepting challenges

4. The bottom right jav box (Box 24) is different to the others. I like it better and think it should be set for all jav boxes. What do you think?

Edit: Added a 5th: -Method

5. Duels to 5 should count for half the rating as duels to 10 would
    Last edited by Method; 05-19-2003, 10:26 PM.

1. Players should only be able to play the same player 3 times in 1 day (in any ladder).

This is definately a good idea.

2. Players should only be able to challenge opponents who are higher in rank than they are. Thus stopping high ranked players from challenging only newbies.

If this is the case, the top people will have to wait to be challenged. What would stop people from not challenging the top person, making them inactive and lose everything?

3. Players should lose rank for inactivity to stop them getting high ranks through feeding and then not accepting challenges

See response to #2.

4. The bottom right jav box (Box 24) is different to the others. I like it better and think it should be set for all jav boxes. What do you think?

Yeah, do it!

Comment

Also, for the Hall of Fame/Shame, I think 10 games minimum would be more representative than 5 games minimum. Its too easy for someone to duel 5 "newbs" and screw people who actually play.

Comment

add a super-sharks box in the middle for people who think TWEL is retarded and are waiting for people to finish up so ?go base can get started.
        plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

Mefod did you mess with your banner? I didnt read your post. But Whatever.
          I have a sig and a cig hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by MetalKid

If this is the case, the top people will have to wait to be challenged. What would stop people from not challenging the top person, making them inactive and lose everything?
            To correct this, would it be possible to only challenge someone with a rank difference of say... 300 +/- your own rank? Note: that number is a ballpark estimate. Mess with it as you please. I don't know how bots would be able to detect/handle it though...
            5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
            5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
            5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Re: 4 things to discuss

yes

I think this rule is bad. Why should I lose my rating just because I"m lazy and only play once a week? Active people who are good and win their games will pass up inactive people without any additional help. If you don't accept challenges you'll get passed up by people who keep adding to their score by winning, it's simple.
              Last edited by Sleepy Weasel; 05-20-2003, 03:38 AM.

Comment

3 times per division sounds good, otherwise no

This wouldn't be fun for high ranked players. I like the +-200 rating only challenges, or just a -200 "floor" which you cant challenge below

Good idea. For example every 3 days a player doesn't play one duel in a division they have 100 points deducted from their score. TWD has a good system but it doesn't prevent somebody from playing a bunch of duels and then just coming back the day before playoffs and playing one day to get their points back as though they never left.

Box 24 is the best

I dont like this one, I think just getting rid of duels to 5 would be better but not making their value different
                I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

Originally posted by Method
                  5. Duels to 5 should count for half the rating as duels to 10 would [/B]
                  good ideas except the last.
                  10 is just too long.

Every duel should go till 5.
                  some are wise, some are otherwise

1: PolluX> People say I talk too much
                  1: Louis XV> Dude you seriously need to stfu!
                  1: Louis XV> I still love you, k?

Comment

Originally posted by Method

Good ideas.

Comment

Muhahaha now i can climb back from rank 1080 with ease, you are all screwed

Correction make that 32-18 and rank 1094, muahahah

Oh and MK I only managed to get two of those One Piece episodes and neither of them will run Ill try to figure out why later, thanks tho!
                      Last edited by Eric is God; 05-20-2003, 09:01 AM.

Comment

You need to download a codec. Just search for Nimo codec in google and d/l the latest build (version). It should work fine then.

Comment

1. yes
                          2. yes
                          3. yes
                          4. yes
                          5. no

Comment

1. Good idea.
                            2. NO! I'd rather see that you can only challenge opponents within a certain intervall (like earlier suggested +-200)
                            3. YES! But not that much...
                            4. YES!
                            5. YES!

Comment

1. Yes for sure.
                              2. Same as everyone eles, have a range.
                              3. If they got there like that, inactivity wont do much because they can just get someone to give them an easy win every so often anyways.
                              4.I hate javs so go nuts.
                              5.Yup

What about another option in set rules called something like "Warp to Start", let it warp both you and your oppenent back to the starting warp and restore when either dies. I just think this would be a good idea because warp on deaths doesn't really do much when you spawn next to your oppenent. This happens lots in spider when someone will spawn and the guy just moves in right next to him and gets him, its impossible to stop unless your oppenent is an idiot. In warbird atleast you can turbo some, but spider your kinda screwed.

Comment

Working...
                              X