Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playoffs

Hi can someone in charge PLEASE tell us how the TWLD and TWLJ playoffs will proceed?

Also concerning the no-playoff of TWLB. Acid's reasoning is that if there are playoffs then the season means nothing. If you want to put it that way, the rest of the season right now means next to nothing. Light has done all of their hard games, the remaining 4 games in the TWLB season won't matter because the season has already been decided. That's why you have playoffs, so the entire season actually matters.

Back in TWL season 2, Elusive played Siege the first round. We beat them. From there on the season (the entire 11 game season) was completely pointless because there was no one who even came remotely close to our skill back then. In fact we just suicided every game for the rest of the season because we knew we'd win (and we did). Playoffs would of made that season and the season afterwards much more intersting, but Slowbob refused.

Note: season after (TWL season 3) it was yet again Siege vs. Elusive, but time time in the last round of regular season. Both squads were undefeated going into the last round, and the winner of that game was declared TWL champion.

I believe Bob more or less scheduled this because both teams were heavily favoured to win. But if you take this TWLB's season into account, everyone thought Pallies vs. Diso would be the deciding game and that hasn't been true. So basically doing scheduling tricks to make the rounds matter doesn't work either.

So what? Basically if the deciding game is in the middle of the season or early in the season, the rest of the season really sucks and is pointless as the champion is already decided. If you use scheduling tricks to make the 2 favorites meet up in the last round that doesn't work either because the favorites might not necessarily be the same at the end of the season (even though that worked out in TWL season 3).

Finally with playoffs it's much more fun because people actually remember both teams in the finals, so your #2 actually gets remembered/recognized, even if the glory isn't as nice as winning it all. Ending the regular season without playoffs, no one ever remembers who was 2nd place, and further adds to the fact that once the important games have passed the rest of the season is completely meaningless.

-Epi
    Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
    www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
    www.animeslice.com

Re: Playoffs

Originally posted by Epinephrine
    Hi can someone in charge PLEASE tell us how the TWLD and TWLJ playoffs will proceed?

Also concerning the no-playoff of TWLB. Acid's reasoning is that if there are playoffs then the season means nothing. If you want to put it that way, the rest of the season right now means next to nothing. Light has done all of their hard games, the remaining 4 games in the TWLB season won't matter because the season has already been decided. That's why you have playoffs, so the entire season actually matters.

Back in TWL season 2, Elusive played Siege the first round. We beat them. From there on the season (the entire 11 game season) was completely pointless because there was no one who even came remotely close to our skill back then. In fact we just suicided every game for the rest of the season because we knew we'd win (and we did). Playoffs would of made that season and the season afterwards much more intersting, but Slowbob refused.

Note: season after (TWL season 3) it was yet again Siege vs. Elusive, but time time in the last round of regular season. Both squads were undefeated going into the last round, and the winner of that game was declared TWL champion.

I believe Bob more or less scheduled this because both teams were heavily favoured to win. But if you take this TWLB's season into account, everyone thought Pallies vs. Diso would be the deciding game and that hasn't been true. So basically doing scheduling tricks to make the rounds matter doesn't work either.

So what? Basically if the deciding game is in the middle of the season or early in the season, the rest of the season really sucks and is pointless as the champion is already decided. If you use scheduling tricks to make the 2 favorites meet up in the last round that doesn't work either because the favorites might not necessarily be the same at the end of the season (even though that worked out in TWL season 3).

Finally with playoffs it's much more fun because people actually remember both teams in the finals, so your #2 actually gets remembered/recognized, even if the glory isn't as nice as winning it all. Ending the regular season without playoffs, no one ever remembers who was 2nd place, and further adds to the fact that once the important games have passed the rest of the season is completely meaningless.

-Epi
    This is so right on the dot it's not even funny. I guess the hope of having play offs for TWL-B still lives.

I'm figuring it's going to be a basic Bracket set up for the TWL-D TWL-J Playoffs, Elimination process. I'm just tired of having the phrase "patience gets you what you want" dissapearing into thin air... obviously in TW.
    I fucking own you in the warbird, shut the fuck up.

Comment

I agree, TWLB is basicly decided now that there are no playoffs. Light basicly has it won unless they majorly choke. Kind of dissapointing considering they won only by 5k. I'm not saying Light didn't deserve that win, they did, it's just that playoffs would make who's the champion a lot more exciting. Right now there really isn't anything to look forward to in TWLB, unless TWLB goes to 22 weeks.

The problem with that is a lot of teams probably won't stay together that long. There's already been 4 teams that have dropped out of TWLB or changed the squad totally (in vortex's case). That's 1/3 of the teams in TWLB, and it's only been 7 weeks. I can't imagine what will happen in another 15. To be succesfull in TWLB you need to field a consistant lineup of 8 players every week, some squads just can't do that for 22 weeks in a row and a lot of the squads don't stay at the same level of skill throughout those 22 weeks.

Comment

Re: Playoffs

Originally posted by Epinephrine

-Epi
        Agreed.
        BTW, did anyone know Paladen was 2nd in TWL season one?
        "Have Guns and Travel SubSpace / Continuum"

Comment

Re: Re: Playoffs

Originally posted by KJW

Agreed.
          BTW, did anyone know Paladen was 2nd in TWL season one?
          Nope didn't know that cause there were no playoffs =( GG for season 1

-Epi
          Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
          www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
          www.animeslice.com

Comment

I think I have finally decided on how TWL-D play-offs will be held. I'll release more info later in the week, once it's solid.

Lots of love,
            Left_Eye
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X