rules discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rules discussion

If you are unclear on any of the rules listed at the top, or need clarification post here.

Good work Sarah, just one issue I have with rule 6. Quite a few times I've used ?help and I'd gotten no response, done it again and got no response, so you kind of guess that the 3rd help call wasn't as nice as the first and second and I've been warned a few times for abusing help.
    I think you should also have the rule that if someone does a help call and there are staff active and they fail to respond and then they face a day suspension.
    Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

Sorry for the double post, but I think you should add some rules which staff have, like if they abuse their power and then receive a ban and immediate dismissal

Comment

I agree actually. A player ran committee consisting of older players or squad captains should have the power to remove someone detrimental to the zone from staff. Right now staff handles reports of abuse and nothing gets done because staff protects staff. It would make more sense for some responsible older players to judge them on cases of abuse for the same reason why staff already can't take reports of abuse about themselves in ?help, and can't take help or cheater calls when it is their squad involved in the call.

Also I think its time to remove the "spec-hunting" rule, honestly I doubt anyone takes pub this seriously, its basically impossible to prove, and if anything if someone does do it its sorta like preparing them for twdd where every fucking squad and person spec hunts people.
        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
          I agree actually. A player ran committee consisting of older players or squad captains should have the power to remove someone detrimental to the zone from staff. Right now staff handles reports of abuse and nothing gets done because staff protects staff. It would make more sense for some responsible older players to judge them on cases of abuse for the same reason why staff already can't take reports of abuse about themselves in ?help, and can't take help or cheater calls when it is their squad involved in the call.

Also I think its time to remove the "spec-hunting" rule, honestly I doubt anyone takes pub this seriously, its basically impossible to prove, and if anything if someone does do it its sorta like preparing them for twdd where every fucking squad and person spec hunts people.
          ^ what he said

Comment

rule #6 is very stupid for most of the part. i can't count how many times players have been banned or warned for sending 3 help calls within 10-15 minutes. only staffers see the help calls anyways, so you can just take the first call and "ignore" the rest. and if the bans are about "getting false statistics of how many calls go unanswered" then just code the bot to ignore the second/third help call from the player if it has been sent within 10 minutes.

also, even though a player ran committee sounds great - they wouldn't have the access to server logs to find out whether or not the staffer has really abused their powers. current smods (and higher ranked staffers) can see if other staffers are abusing, but it's another story whether or not they'll do anything if a staffer happens to abuse their powers.

if ya get what i mean!

Comment

im sure server logs pertaining to the case could be emailed. come on now.
              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

players union.....it is time
                1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post

spec hunting rule - it has its place, some people in pub enjoy raising bounty, hell i remember 10 years ago i remember really enjoying getting ridiculously high bty's in wb, but it annoyed the hell out of me when someone specced to find me and become cloaker just to end it!

As for player ran committee, well this sub forum is to discuss bans rather than staff itself, but to comment on it, you ask for older players..Most of the smods been playing longer than anyone else in the zone (i think im 14 years playing next year (1997)), it was something i considered when what applications to put this section of the forum to use, however quickly dismissed the idea as its just not viable. I am all for being more open on bans, discussing them if you wish etc and certainly listening to players if they have issues with any bans, i know this has not always been the case in the past but there has to be a "chairman" someone who makes that final decision whether it be staff (deans) or bans (bang op), anything else just would not work.

Comment

Originally posted by Vys View Post
                    Good work Sarah, just one issue I have with rule 6. Quite a few times I've used ?help and I'd gotten no response, done it again and got no response, so you kind of guess that the 3rd help call wasn't as nice as the first and second and I've been warned a few times for abusing help.
                    I think you should also have the rule that if someone does a help call and there are staff active and they fail to respond and then they face a day suspension.
                    Rule 6 - Some good points vys, although what happens to staff is down to deans, it may be worthwhile looking at adding a feature where if you dont get a response there is something else you can do, which will a) stop you being fustrated and b) will let us know exactly who is not taking calls when online or if indeed, we lack staff at a certain time. I will give it some thought, but i think this is certainly something for HMS as quality assurance to look into.

Comment

Originally posted by Demonic View Post
                      spec hunting rule - it has its place, some people in pub enjoy raising bounty, hell i remember 10 years ago i remember really enjoying getting ridiculously high bty's in wb, but it annoyed the hell out of me when someone specced to find me and become cloaker just to end it!

As for player ran committee, well this sub forum is to discuss bans rather than staff itself, but to comment on it, you ask for older players..Most of the smods been playing longer than anyone else in the zone (i think im 14 years playing next year (1997)), it was something i considered when what applications to put this section of the forum to use, however quickly dismissed the idea as its just not viable. I am all for being more open on bans, discussing them if you wish etc and certainly listening to players if they have issues with any bans, i know this has not always been the case in the past but there has to be a "chairman" someone who makes that final decision whether it be staff (deans) or bans (bang op), anything else just would not work.

Honestly it is very viable, just make FBZ the head of it since he is pretty damn proactive in bringing players to this zone. I said this before and I will say it again, if staff/TWBR want players actively helping to bring players to the zone than they should also give players a say in who they think doesn't deserve to be on staff due to numerous player complaints.
                      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Kthx, you remind me of Jim Carey in liar liar lol
                        If I ever go to court, could you represent me?

Comment

Are you guys ready for this great idea?????
                          Why don't we have another master name/squad reset? I'm pretty sure if I was new to a game I wouldn't want to play on a long, horrible, numberous name. There should be a reset on names/squads for someone who hasn't logged onto that name for over 3 years

Comment

Originally posted by Vys View Post
                            Are you guys ready for this great idea?????
                            Why don't we have another master name/squad reset? I'm pretty sure if I was new to a game I wouldn't want to play on a long, horrible, numberous name. There should be a reset on names/squads for someone who hasn't logged onto that name for over 3 years
                            ya. that would be good, though i like my name.
                            There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

yes, lets make a twd captain committee for axing staffers led by kthx

i agree, we should completely run the zone into the ground
                              The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                              SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Working...
                              X