Video Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Cards

Radeon 9700 pro 128 mb all in wonder yes yes very good, but can I justify the 500$? proably not.

Geforce FX I'd rather keep my geforce 4 k thnx nvidia <3

Radeon 9800 pro 128 mb all in wonder Only rich kids who want to show off would actually buy one of these, then a year later kick themselves for paying 600+$

GeForce 4 Ti 128 mb it's a budget buster.

Geforce 4 MX 64 mb runs the same as a geforce 2 32 mb.

Geforce 2 32 mb If you don't plan on playing anything great this is the card for you. (25$)

Now this card is proably the best deal in my opinion "ATI Radeon 9500 pro 128 mb" switch the driver filed and it's as good as a 9700 pro. I think it goes for 300 Canadian.

Anyways I was just wondering what card you'd buy and if you can switch the driver files on a 9000 ati radeon pro 128 mb as you can do with the 9500 pro.
    it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

GeForce 4 Ti 128 mb - best price-quality fosho

If i had money I'd buy it.
    http://disoblige.be-damned.com/OLD%20WEBSITE/

Comment

you can switch the driver files on a radeon 9500 pro with the drivers of a 9700 pro. And bam you have a radeon 9700 pro. It's got majic in it.
      it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Originally posted by Cops
        you can switch the driver files on a radeon 9500 pro with the drivers of a 9700 pro. And bam you have a radeon 9700 pro. It's got majic in it.
        That's a common mistake people seem to think..There is NO way a Radeon 9500 Pro can become a Radeon 9700 Pro..I've heard this too, but the reality is that the 9500 cannot meet the performance of a 9700 Pro, because it is a "watered down" version of it. What you really mean is that you can use the drivers of the 9700 NON PRO on the 9500 Pro which has been proven to run a bit faster.

Comment

I'd wait a few years for something new. No use buying some card then a week later something better coming out. But thats how it will always be, so I'd have to go with a 9800 pro so i could get the full potential out of the new games coming out. First I'd have to buy some memory since I have crap in this machine.

Comment

The 9800 pro seems to be the best one out there right now not only because it out does the FX series but it has some new fetures which I think will pull game dev and such to it.

For memory DDR from what I have read is the way Intel is going with on their new Mobos. RDRAM is going out of the picture as far as Intel is concered because of law suits with the makers of RD. SDram is still pretty cheap if you want to save a little $$.
            Last edited by Kolar; 05-25-2003, 04:06 PM.

Comment

ATi Radeon 9800 Pro 256mb DDR. Check that baby out

$540 USD...Bleh

Comment

i overclocked my geforce3 - by alot and i hope itll last long enough and not burn out before the prices on those radeons go down
                TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
                TelCat> hoes get paid :(
                TelCat> i dont

Comment

I'm going to use a case mod and make my ok looking case look uber then take pictures! I got a job a few days ago so it will be between 3-4 weeks when I put the pictures up and get all the shit done. It will look uber! $_$

Comment

The best thing you can buy right now is a Radeon 9600. It doesnt cost as much as 9700+, and it has the same components as them. If youre going to get a 9800, you need the components in your computer to get it to its full potential. Besides, if you wait until this fall, PCI Express motherboards are coming out, which will totally wipe out AGP. I suggest if you're going to buy a video card, just wait until PCI Express mobo's come out. Then you can really get some kick ass graphics.

Yes, I realize this totally trashes my last post.

Comment

I'm going to have to dissagree with you Worr. The best video card to get right now that is cheaper than the 9700/9800 Pro is the 9500 Pro. Not only does it outperform the 9600 Pro, it can outperform the Ti4200 and even the Ti4600 in some aspects. I find the 9500 Pro more stable. You can even use 9700 non pro drivers on it and it has been proven to have higher performance.

Comment

I saw one for 260$ Canadian

Comment

Working...
                        X