Connection problem. . with a network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connection problem. . with a network

Does anyone know the answer to/ or any advice of how to fix my network problems. . .esp using Cont
    - When i try to us cont on 1 on the computers (not the main 1)something happens and i lose all connections to any zones within 1 minute
    -I also have a problem with the main computer kicking all the other computers off the network (i have not realized a routine to this it just seems to happen here and there)

The main networking comp is xp pro, 256(i think), not sure about processor, (its not mine so i dont know much about it but if you can help and need to know more info i can find out)

My computer is a amd duron 800, geforce 4 ti 4200, 640ram, win 2000

If you can help please say something to me. . . i have a feeling my SS days are #ed if i dont get this problem fixed
    Season 8 TWLJ + TWBL Champ.:P

I use ICS and find that when my bro (the main) has a firewall up, I cant acess any server, might be that..btu what do i know Im just a

Comment

Please explain how your network looks like, for example how you have the network setup, which protocols. How do you connect to the internet. What does the server use to share the connection?
      etc etc.

That would clear up alot of things.

Greets,

BLeeN
      Light is faster than sound. That is why people look bright, until you hear them.

Comment

My network is set up by a cable from the modem going into a computer (the main 1 because our isp doesnt allow it to go into a router) then we have that computer going into the router with all the other computers (my comp would be 1 of those). . . all the settings themselves are auto setup and if you try to manually set up the lan it doesnt work

Comment

Even its an auto setup, you still have something installed in your network properties?
          Or the lan wouldn't work.

Explaining those on every comp would help.
          Light is faster than sound. That is why people look bright, until you hear them.

Comment

assuming im thinking of the right things

the main comp has 2 different lans and the settings are

client service for netwire
            " " for microsoft network
            firewall
            service advertising protocol
            qos packet scheldule
            file + printer sharing
            network monoter drive
            internet protocol (tcp/ip)
            nwlink netbios

my comp has
            Client for microsoft networks
            file+printer sharing
            internet protocol (tcp/ip)

i hope that is what you were reffering to

Comment

So you use dynamic IPs or static IPs?
              So in the TCP/IP property on general tab
              is it checked on Obtain IP automatically etc?

Comment

My computer is set to auto detect ip and dns server. . . . the main computer im sure is on the same. . . . . do you need to know any of the advanced settings?

Comment

I think you all should use static IPs
                  setting the server with IP like 192.168.0.1
                  the DNS with your ISP dns, gateway 192.168.0.1
                  other comps will have 192.168.0.x
                  DNS with ISP dns, gateway 192.168.0.1

Comment

that really fucking confused me bleen. . . .

Comment

If you got MSN and Win XP i can take over your comp for a moment and do it.
                      But maybe ill be online on ss when i get back home

Comment

k. . . i really dont get the ip thingy like how you got the #s and where im suppose to get them from

btw you cant get into the main comp with xp. . . . i forgot the pw=(

Comment

Let me see if I understand the setup here.

Your cable/dsl modem is directly connected to your main computer.

You then have another another network card in your main computer that attaches to the router.

You then have the other computers in your house attached to the router.

If this is the case, that router is probably the problem. If you're using ICS or some other sort of connection sharing on your main computer, you shouldn't be using a router, you should just be using a switch or hub.

Before I go much further, can you tell me the IP addresses used by all of the computers on your network? Just the private address, don't include the one your ISP gives you. They should all start with 192.
                          -Dantax
                          The Internet connects us all,
                          The short, the fat, the thin, the tall,
                          we buy, we sell, we learn, we grow,
                          dial-up, fizz-fuzz, connect, let's go!

Comment

Working...
                          X