This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Weekly Emo: TWDT Newsletter [pre-draft]

Welcome to the first issue of The Weekly Emo, probably the top 5 best newsletter in TWDT history. Besides the games played every week, what makes TWDT special is the daily shitstorm of bitching, whining, poor lineup decisions, and otherwise any conceivable reason to go emo. Hopefully this weekly update can provide the narrative behind Blackmage's stats and hot or not.

Captain selections -

Draft - Phiz does a pretty solid job captaining and is effective at building strong rosters - last season his warbird lineup consisted of a prime-time beast-mode Apok, Racka, Scoop, Peru, and season-carrying High Templar, not to mention his balanced lines in the other two leagues. Too bad he drafted Riverside who immediately went emo and then none of his players would show up for games, resulting in a disappointing finish in the playoffs. Still, he usually gets it done and I expect nothing less this season.

i.d. - It took her a season to recover from the verbal abuse ignite gave her two seasons ago, but i.d. is back for another go at the captain spot. She likes drafting big names that never show up and always seems to luck out with a few people that carry the entire team (caos), which will probably happen again this season.

jaa - top5squad back for FOURTH time, two time twdtd world champs, one time twdtb champs, made playoffs every season every league, self-proclaimed top 5 twdt captain of all time and probably top 5 squad in twdt. the fact that there's only 6 teams in twdt this season is inconsequential. who will top5captain draft this season? what will he genius strategy be? what loophole will he exploit this season?

Spikey - 3-league juggernaut and 0-league activity. The season is long and life situations change on a dime, so will Spikey even be able to show up for games? The respect he commands amongst his European brethren will likely be his biggest ally, coupled with an inevitable average of 52.3 PMs of "euro laggot" per round.

Violence - Likely to be ranked 6th. That is all.

Zidane - Will probably draft 20 javs and pick overrated vets for the rest, which has a 97% chance of backfiring when 7* javs are being benched on a weekly basis because some 8* jav is playing in front of them. I'm calling Zidane's team the frontrunner for emo team of the season at this point in time.

Early TWDT storylines:
    1. Major Crisis is the new commish - seems like he's taking a much more hands-off and pragmatic approach than what Humid was doing, which will probably work out just fine. Over-under on how many weeks he'll last before he gets fed up with jaa bugging him for rule clarifications and FA adds - 3.
    2. Big names - apparently GM Fl is Sika, who apparently has become the go-to alias for anybody putting up big twd averages in his semi-absence. The last time he played twl was... 6 years ago? The thought of him playing on a twdt lineup with some 6* players is pretty interesting though. Domi had pretty poor attendance last season as a first round trap pick, so one has to wonder if it will happen again here.
    3. Rifle won't let vys join because riverside will leave, which has caused vys to hate all warbirds and only play javs and base. Last season he forced his way off Ease's team by quitting the game for good and somehow landed on top5squad where he immediately showed up for that week's games.
    4. Missing players - Ease, Brokenfist, Racka, etc - some players who have made a huge impact in previous twdt and twl seasons are missing this time around - one has to wonder if they will show up as a free agent some time down the line. Should probably save some stars.
    5. Emo potential and trap players - I'm tellin you, every season somebody goes emo (Fludd, vys, Riverside) and completely changes the makeup of a team. What's more, people sign up just to see their rating, then disappear for the next eight weeks. Or help team make playoffs and disappear during finals cuz they are praying in church (zhou) or in boot camp (zizu). Whatever.
    6. 6 teams - league contraction means lineups should be more stacked, at least on paper.

Remember: 2-league rule is still in effect, 6* rule is still in effect. Plan accordingly!
    Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

good read

Comment

propane nightmares ftw
      Erathia> IF YOU SPIDERS CONTINUE CAMPING I WILL BAN YOU AND CALL IT RACISM

SeRtIfi> What's the point of going out with friends everyday just to hang out when I meet them in school and sometimes on weekends anyways, if I can play in SubSpace with them?

Comment

death to twdt and lets start twl
        TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

There is 8 captains now, not 6 :>

Comment

After losing 9-11 in a wb duel against riverside, I've decided to dig out my warbird goggles and start to practice hard and master this laptop. So expect me to play all 3 this season jaa
            Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

I dont think 25 players is enough for this season 8(
              There will be forfeited games

Comment

5h> 9:Mythril> 4:Sir Spider> 9:the_pill <ER>> 5:Mythril> 4:Lizard Fuel <ER>> 6:Cres> 5:Sir Spider> 9:Cres> 5:the_pill <ER>> 5:Lizard Fuel <ER>> 6:Cres> 5:Mythril> 4:Sir Spider> 9:Cres> old
                Last edited by Crescent Seal; 02-08-2011, 07:03 PM. Reason: X
                1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

lets expose the awful rankings and shit on players that are supposedly superior to us now vys $
                  4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
                  4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
                  4:Geio> DEEZ?
                  4:Geio> LOLOL
                  4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
                  4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
                  4:spirit> LOL
                  4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
                  4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

Originally posted by Scoop View Post
                    lets expose the awful rankings and shit on players that are supposedly superior to us now vys $
                    Lol tell me about it, got arselickers from rifle who have jumped off my nuts and onto riversides nuts since my computer died., not to worry I'll be exposing all those 1 league faggots this twdt. Let's hope I don't get drafted with riverside. I hope I meet him in the finals in a round 3 1v1 duel off 43-43.
                    I don't need some guy named kthx who's never been good, rating how good I am, you can put a 6 next to my name but I'll still gonna win it.
                    Oh and scoop, if they combine all the twls and twdts I've played in, I'm easily top 5

Comment

You lost two points for trying to explain why you should have a twld medal next to your name.
                      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                        You lost two points for trying to explain why you should have a twld medal next to your name.
                        I was just exposing the fucked up rules and why do you go around saying you won twld, you joined before the finals and wasn't a part of fierce. Even if I did get the told medal it wouldn't mean anything to me because I didn't deserve it.

Comment

Yeah but I am a TWLD Winner, and you aren't man.. I am instantly better than you because of this, sorry old useless laptopper.
                          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

I don't see a medal next to your name.

Comment

feokafpoeeo!!!

Oh, snap! I fell for it!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X