PDA

View Full Version : Twdt times during the week

Children
02-17-2011, 09:35 AM
WHAT TIME BEST FITS YOUR SCHEDULE FOR TWDT DURING THE WEEK?

Not sure if times are already picked but I'd like to see what time everyone wants. Issues like school, dinner, extra curricular activities might pose problems therefore heres your chance to be heard!

TWDT is being played not only SUNDAY but TUESDAY WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY. This is a huge change that I believe is going to generate way more traffic and make this game so much better. The excitement is just rattling up my bones! Cue example Sue Ellen!

Paradise> LOOOL did i miss it??
Draft> GO TWDTJ
Draft> GO TWDTJ
Draft> GO TWDTJ
Draft> GO TWDTJ
Children> dont need you anyway
Fludd> ^
Nethila> LOOOOL
Zizu> zOOOLOL
Mythril> let me at em
Paradise> class ended and I just legit BOOKED IT felt like a true kenyan
Haunt> hahah
Draft> #swagrun
Children> ?

Zeebu
02-17-2011, 09:41 AM
we only have 3 games per week though still, correct? one duel one jav and one base. it is the opposing teams options to push them earlier in the week if that is their wishes?

just checking

Children
02-17-2011, 09:43 AM
Pretty sure theres 4 game days. Could be wrong but I think its..
1 wb 1 jav 1 base during the week, then all 3 again on sunday like usual :)

Zeebu
02-17-2011, 10:17 AM
Pretty sure theres 4 game days. Could be wrong but I think its..
1 wb 1 jav 1 base during the week, then all 3 again on sunday like usual :)

wait what?

are we seriously trying to play 2 full rounds a week?

lol.

Zeebu
02-17-2011, 10:18 AM
ok whew.

there are only like 6 or 7 weeks of regular season

luckily there is no reason to need to play 2 sets of games a week

paradise!
02-17-2011, 10:33 AM
I was told monday, tuesday, wednesday 6pm as times for some of the games.

that is cutting it real close for some of us

kthx
02-17-2011, 10:35 AM
I voted for 7pm,

Children
02-17-2011, 10:47 AM
luckily there is no reason to need to play 2 sets of games a week

1 game a week seriously doesn't cut it in my opinion. TWDT is for fun and a lead up to TWL. You really want to play one game.. (30mins) then wait a full week to play another..miserable times. 2 games is just the right amount of pleasure i need :)

Children
02-17-2011, 10:48 AM
I voted for 7pm,

same

Zeebu
02-17-2011, 10:51 AM
1 game a week seriously doesn't cut it in my opinion. TWDT is for fun and a lead up to TWL. You really want to play one game.. (30mins) then wait a full week to play another..miserable times. 2 games is just the right amount of pleasure i need :)

what are you talking about? it takes a full 3 hour block to play 3 games (dtd dtj dtb)

are you saying that we are attempting to put 6 hours worth of games (all 3 leagues) a week?

kthx
02-17-2011, 10:52 AM
7pm eastern would be 7/8/9/10pm for the US (I think)

Sorry to the Euros but

http://www.trenchwars.org/includes/pubstats_countries.php

Same time zones for Canada ans S. America. Tired of TW catering to the minorities.

Children
02-17-2011, 10:54 AM
what are you talking about? it takes a full 3 hour block to play 3 games (dtd dtj dtb)

are you saying that we are attempting to put 6 hours worth of games (all 3 leagues) a week?

No during the weekday games, only one league is played

TUESDAY - WARBIRD
WEDNESDAY - JAVS
THURSDAY - BASE

WEEKEND - ALL THREE

kthx
02-17-2011, 11:02 AM
I am personally really excited about this and I think its going to seriously bring up population numbers during the week and actually give me a reason to login during the week besides to dd and chat and stuff. Now if staff was smart they would also have some really good events planned for before the twdt games.. maybe I don't know.

deathmatch, golden gun, freezetag before twdtd
sealjavs, shrap, javufc before twdtj
boki, lostcity, 2flag before twdtb

You want to get new people into leagues here is your chance, host events that people who don't play leagues will come play in, and then tell them that a league play is about to begin in the same style as they events they were playing in. Maybe they will be interested enough to go check it out, and on top of this its a whole different population than we have on Sundays that log in during the week.

I really hope staff doesn't fail with using this as a big opportunity to make the zone better.

Children
02-17-2011, 11:06 AM
well said

kthx
02-17-2011, 11:07 AM
oh and offer really discounted free agent signings to anyone new who signs up because of the events. (unique signup link in arena messages during the pre tourny events) gets more people into the league and might give caps some extra weekday players to play with in case as you thought might happen not everyone can or will login for weekday games.

better yet if someone who is really new signs up, put the twdt squads in a list and dole out the new players gained from these events for free, no stars. What could it possibly hurt to have SuperXXJPubber on a roster in case a team doesn't have 5 players on a weekday and he happens to be on and wants to play. Besides I am sure that that new player might get some advice from the older players or some help playing seeing as he might be playing for his team.

this is a win/win situation if done correctly.

Anyways sorry Child sorta stood on the podium a sec, didn't mean to steal the thread a at all. I just wanted to get these ideas out there in a thread I think a lot of twdt staff will read.

Major Crisis
02-17-2011, 01:12 PM
The 6 PM Est I put down is an auto selected time, captains of both teams are allowed to reschedule a game on any day but sunday. Just come with it 3 days before the game should have been played. Like both caps want the game on monday 7 pm est instead of tuesday, caps should come with it on friday/saturday, so I can anticipate on it etc.

Jerome Scuggs
02-17-2011, 01:34 PM
i have class at 6PM CST, which i believe is 7PM EST, on wednesday/thursday

paradise!
02-17-2011, 04:43 PM
i have class at 6PM CST, which i believe is 7PM EST, on wednesday/thursday

same, 6-8pm thursday

9pm EST would seem to be pretty good

worried about Rendered though, a full THIRTY minutes past his nite-nite time.

Apok
02-17-2011, 06:54 PM
7 PM EST or after is probably the only times I can make it for this lol.

Draft
02-17-2011, 11:12 PM
shut up apok, u not gna show anyway

a2m+
02-18-2011, 08:55 AM
I work till 6:00 and get home around 6:45 every weeknight.

Oranje
02-18-2011, 11:04 AM
7pm eastern would be 7/8/9/10pm for the US (I think)

Sorry to the Euros but

http://www.trenchwars.org/includes/pubstats_countries.php

Same time zones for Canada ans S. America. Tired of TW catering to the minorities.

Bullshit.
Check the signed up players FOR TWDT and count countries there.
Dont be surprised with ppl boycotting if permanently 7 pm eastern.

Or create a twdt-europe

Vys
02-19-2011, 12:25 PM
Through the week is so stupid. I won't be up at 2am playing spaceships through the week, keep it to Sunday's like usual or have games at 5 est through the week

Black Mage
02-19-2011, 08:14 PM
What the hell timezone are you in that it would be 2am. Don't you live in UK? We are only playing 1 league per day in the week (so 1 game per team). It'll be over by midnight there.

Zyclon
02-20-2011, 05:39 PM
6pm est=2am us srs?

start scheluding league times also for 6-7pm est and u prolly make all euros quit ss

Turban
02-20-2011, 06:16 PM
pretty sure 6PM EST means midnight in finland. nt though zyclon.

Major Crisis
02-20-2011, 06:19 PM
pretty sure 6PM EST means midnight in finland. nt though zyclon.
Pretty sure its 1 am in finland, nt though turban :D
6 pm est means midnight in Netherlands.

Zyclon
02-20-2011, 06:30 PM
Pretty sure its 1 am in finland, nt though turban :D
6 pm est means midnight in Netherlands.

no its 2am

Major Crisis
02-20-2011, 06:36 PM
no its 2am
You know its like 6.30pm EST now?

Turban
02-20-2011, 06:41 PM
:(

aw.

Soilderz
02-21-2011, 06:06 AM
no its 2am

it's 1am shut up.

and have fun playing every draft game without eruos :)

kthx
02-21-2011, 09:03 AM
And American's since most of us will be at work still :P

Should have just completely fucked the euro's and went from 9pm est.

Spikester
02-21-2011, 10:53 AM
doubt i'll show up for games later than 5pm est during the week. doubt my team will, either.

Eelam
02-21-2011, 11:00 AM
putting it during the week is fucking stupid, some of us have good jobs and work Monday through Friday 9am - 5:30pm. I work in downtown, and it takes me 1h and 30 min to get home so I wont be home earlier than 7pm on weekdays. Keep it on the weekend.

Spikester
02-21-2011, 11:25 AM
Lets only play on sundays, yes!

Black Mage
02-21-2011, 11:31 AM
It's a trial effort. I'm sure MC appreciates the feedback, but give it a shot first. Sorry some people can't make it, but it's the fairest time we can make all considered to try out games during the week.

"and have fun playing every draft game without eruos"

Except people from the UK who will be able to make it. And Euro's perhaps who are students and stay up til 2 am anyways.

There is a reason there is a roster minimum, so if your cap knows many of his players can't make it, tell him to pick up a few more players off the FA list who can. There are still some decent players out there.

If playing during the week fails, then it's not too late to switch to Sundays only. But it will take longer for TWL to start, which everyone said they wanted sooner than later.

kthx
02-21-2011, 12:40 PM
You know, I would personally rather play during the week and I am sure a lot of other people would also because I don't know about you guys but I only get 2 days off from work, and I don't want to spend one of them stuck inside during the best hours of the day playing continuum. I would much rather just play when I got home from work so I could enjoy my weekends and go outside when normally by the time I get home it is dark already so. But either way having this middle ground is going to fail, its going to be too late for most euro's and too early for most American's so its basically set up to fail. It should have just been done at like 9 or 10PM EST, and Euro's could have just woken up and played before work while having their coffee or something.

Draft
02-21-2011, 03:07 PM
WE WILL PLAY THE WEEKDAYS. WE ARE NOT GOING TO CHANGE THE FUCKING RULES BECAUSE YOU CANT MAKE IT.

i didn't focus on drafting non euro-trash players for nothing (im not that racist).. this was part of my strategy. when you draft players, you focus on skill and activity. unfortunately when your euro you don't have either one, this is why i drafted americans/canadians.

start it at 6pm est. fuck spikey and his jamal-stealing-tactics

Crescent Seal
02-21-2011, 04:07 PM
Lets only play on sundays, yes!

No because this pushes TWL further.

Spikester
02-21-2011, 04:23 PM
too bad the best team wont win in this case, only the people who want to sacrifice more time. or in my case, sacrifice a good nights sleep for a draft game.

kthx
02-21-2011, 04:32 PM
TWDT isn't supposed to be the best players competing to see which squad has the most best players, that is what TWL is for, TWDT is supposed to be getting new people involved in a league type of system and game to get more players playing TWL that normally wouldn't.

Zeebu
02-21-2011, 04:38 PM
TWDT isn't supposed to be the best players competing to see which squad has the most best players, that is what TWL is for, TWDT is supposed to be getting new people involved in a league type of system and game to get more players playing TWL that normally wouldn't.

thats not what twdt is set up to be. its set up to draft the best players and play the best lines available each game while following the rules. its about drafting what you can then exploiting free agency to set up a team you wouldnt have got otherwise.

speaking of that, werent there some sort of anti-alias rules in twdt?

Spikester
02-21-2011, 04:50 PM

I agree, i just think it is stupid to think that the europeans playing would show up for games like these. I might have to show, but I doubt my legion of euros will. This kind of arrangement is bad for the non american players.

Still, its been decided. Lets live with it.

kthx
02-21-2011, 05:32 PM
I agree with you honestly, that is why I would rather host the games later so American's could play before hey sleep and Euro's could get some sleep and play before they go to school and work in the morning.

Lets see its 4:12 here right now Central time, so its 5:12 Eastern time which means its 10:12 in London. So five hours difference from server time to a western point in Europe. So if you host the game at.. 10-11 PM server time it would be from what.. 4-7 AM or so European time.. which if I remember correctly from when I used to pull all nighters on continuum that seems to be the time when Euro's log on alot and isn't too late for us Americans, and isn't too early for the West Coasters getting off work.

I don't know if my numbers are correct, but it seems like a better alternative than having games while Europeans are sleeping and Americans are still at school and work.

Black Mage
02-21-2011, 05:39 PM
Lets see its 4:12 here right now Central time, so its 5:12 Eastern time which means its 10:12 in London. So five hours difference from server time to a western point in Europe. So if you host the game at.. 10-11 PM server time it would be from what.. 4-7 AM or so European time.. which if I remember correctly from when I used to pull all nighters on continuum that seems to be the time when Euro's log on alot and isn't too late for us Americans, and isn't too early for the West Coasters getting off work.

3-6AM if you started at 10pm EST, 4-7 AM if started at 11pm EST

I don't know if my numbers are correct, but it seems like a better alternative than having games while Europeans are sleeping and Americans are still at school and work.

If Europeans aren't asleep between 3 and 6 am, they aren't asleep at any time at night, and this isn't an issue at all. People don't usually wake up at 7am for no reason. They wake up because they have to get ready and go to work, and don't have time to play a 30 minute game of spaceships. People generally have less to do if they are awake at 1am than 7am.