• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Weekly Emo: 01 [Free Agency]

The Weekly Emo Pre-Week 01 :: Free Agency in Review

This week's storylines:

1. Violence's draft strategy.
    Clearly he was trying to be funny by drafting vys and Riverside with back-to-back picks, but then he approached the rest of the draft like he's actually trying to win. He chose sides pretty quickly, making Riverside assistant and immediately shopping vys. Kian and Rainbow Seeker for vys? No thanks. You know my offer, vio, and it still stands. Where do we go from here?

Possible scenario a) Violence decides to stop talking like a retard for one hour and finally finds some taker for vys. While vys doesn't seem to be the wb he once was, he should still be a solid rotation player in all 3 leagues. There's no way you're getting someone like Raspi or Kyou, though - good luck with that one. Chance of occurrence: 70%

Possible scenario b) vys never gets traded, and spends the whole season pouting on the bench. I'd consider the possibility that vys just stops showing to games, but this is vys we're talking about - so he'll show to every game and sit there waiting to be added. It'll probably take a good two games before vio runs out of people to add and has no choice but to add vys. Chance of occurrence: 20%

Possible scenario c) vys gets dropped. Your first round pick, the one you reached down at least 15 picks to get? ouch. Chance of occurrence: 9%

Possible scenario d) vys quits game. 1%

2. Draft uses 56 points on megaman89
    You serious? Pretty obvious draft was trying to pull off the bid strategy I used last season, where I threw out 45 points on royst and delectable EACH and shook everybody off, and then promptly readjusting bids down to ~20 points. Except, MC didn't post the star counts, so Draft had no choice but to post in bidding thread that he had only used 20 something points on mega. You know, this would probably mean that other caps would just put up 30 points on mega, forcing you to bid up as well? As of today, Draft has 26 players on roster (he needs 4 more) with a total of 60 points to spend. That's an average of 15 points per player to fill out the rest of his roster - keep that in mind, other caps.

Hey, is mm89 even going to show? Didn't Draft's lineup get massacred by low activity last season?

3. Apathetic captains and a lenient commish
    We could all see this one coming - the signup numbers seemed lower this time around, with the same teams and roster sizes, so no wonder the free agent pool was a bit tight. Pretty much every rotation-ready free agent got picked up, leaving some of the less active caps with a short roster.

Roster sizes based on captains -
    Spikey - 31
    Zidane - 30
    Vio - 28
    Renzi - 27
    jaa - 30
    LizFuel - 30
    id - 30
    Draft - 26

Keep in mind 30 is the roster minimum, and severe penalties are listed in rules for those teams that don't have the full 30. I'm not surprised at all about how these worked out - the caps that take this seriously got the job done (nice work by Zidane to have exactly 30 people and 525 stars used) - some of them very quietly - haven't heard a peep from Lizard Fuel, and he somehow scooped out Shadowmere for 12.

At any rate, what's the word MC? You gonna dole out punishment for these three teams that took a miscalculated risk and failed?

4. Pre-season power rankings:
    Selected by a committee of one (me)

Warbird
    1. top5squad - Ease, Raspi, b4serman, Unabled, Casket, Rainbow Seeker, oops, badjob, Bieber, jackinthebox, MITB, jaa
    Analysis: big names, proven winners, coupled with some other guys who can hold their own and not die out in 5 minutes. Enough depth to show competent players to every game. Let's see if Unab and Cask really are built for 5v5, cuz they've been awful in dds, but there's plenty of active players behind them that can stay alive...

2. Jonah - Ardour, Engineers, Guero, Keith, Money, Riverside, Violence, vys??
    Analysis: Riverside (if he shows consistently) and Engineers will anchor a team that should play similar to Sweet's long range dodge-stray style. Guero, Money, Ardour should fit right in, and they are all nerdy enough to log decent attendance.

3. Candy King - Apok, Burnt, Demonic, Sika, kthx, Shadowmere, Weak
    Analysis: is Sika going to show, and does he still care about this game and this league? Apok and Burnt play on two different sides of the map, as do Shadowmere and Weak, but they all seem to be able to play on any sort of lineup and still get their numbers. I could be overrating this team, but on a good day they should be really tough to beat.

4. Ruby - a2m, cata, crimsonx, fludd, megaman89, mythril, props, rasaq, vt, wage, zyphen
    ----> who will actually play: mythril, props, rasaq, wage, zyphen
    Analysis: a2m (when he shows), megaman89 (if he shows) will likely be played in the jav/base leagues and won't ever get to wb. The ones that do get to play resemble a team-first lineup of players who show often and should work well together.

5. PZ - Burg, Chuckle, High Templar, Kyou, Paky Dude, Yakuza, Pure_Luck
    Analysis: Kyou and Paky Dude both seem to show well and do well in twdt games, albeit with a lack of teaming, but are typically a net positive for their team. HT put up good numbers last season, and while Chuck and Yakuza haven't been around much, they should be able to hold their own. Burg, as usual, should serve as the glue guy who steps up when necessary.

6. Pum pum - beam, id, misled, paska, saetep, seismic, skepsis
    ----> who will actually play: Beam, Cres, Misled, Saetep, Skepsis, Seismic
    Analysis: Nice names to have on a roster, but they are all support players. Without any sort of alpha wb (Apok or Mythril would look real nice on this lineup) to push the pace or hold the other team back, their front line might get overwhelmed.

7. Audrey - Geio, Hurricane, Maybe Exit, Obi, Scoop, Siaxis, Sir Spider, Void Ray, Zizu
    ----> who will actually play: Geio, Obi, Scoop, Siaxis, Sir Spider
    Analysis: Geio been putting up monster 5-10s in dds; Hurricane will be showing up once every 2 or 3 weeks; Zizu and Void Ray will either be played in jav/base or not show; poor Sir Spider finally gets his wish of playing in twdt games consistently but gets stuck on a euroteam that probably won't show much.

8. Propane - Caos, Dak, Jamal, Let, Lofty
    Analysis: Complete lack of depth, and there's a good chance that let or lofty don't even show. I'm expecting them to win at most one or two games the whole season.

Not gonna comment on the other leagues cuz I don't know shit about javs or base. Anyone else wanna rank them?

5. Res Cap
    Apparently there's a res cap in ALL twdt arenas. As a primary beneficiary of cheat res, I'm taking myself out of all wb games, but there shouldn't be too big of an impact on others. Not sure about how that impacts jav and base. Whatever, it's like twl.
    Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

Good read. Thanks.
    1:Cape> is infrared the thing that microwave does?
    Cape> i thought it was like u inferred
    1:Cape> yo when u look up at the night sky and see billions of night stars
    1:Cape> im like fuk it let this shit end

Tsunami> LOl
    beam> stfu tsunami
    Tsunami> yo this girl is dead up snoring
    beam> ur blacker than tarcoal
    Tsunami> should end her life while she sleeps

Comment

i'm starting in twdt-d. ty.

Comment

good stuff

yo this gonna be played in that circular arena?
        1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by tragiK View Post
          2. Draft uses 56 points on megaman89
          You serious? Pretty obvious draft was trying to pull off the bid strategy I used last season, where I threw out 45 points on royst and delectable EACH and shook everybody off, and then promptly readjusting bids down to ~20 points. Except, MC didn't post the star counts, so Draft had no choice but to post in bidding thread that he had only used 20 something points on mega. You know, this would probably mean that other caps would just put up 30 points on mega, forcing you to bid up as well? As of today, Draft has 26 players on roster (he needs 4 more) with a total of 60 points to spend. That's an average of 15 points per player to fill out the rest of his roster - keep that in mind, other caps.

Hey, is mm89 even going to show? Didn't Draft's lineup get massacred by low activity last season?
          i was going to retract bid renzi had it pretty high as well.

mega will show, he wouldn't screw the 10 dicers on my roster :wub:
          (Steadman)>they went out drinking... ogron siaxis and siaxis gf
          (Steadman)>apparently ogron is EXTREMELY morbidly obese and ridiculously sweaty
          (Steadman)>and he spend the entire night being awkward and staring at siaxis gf
          (Steadman)>and after that they did not meet up again...

Iron Survivor> you missed something in your sig. he also smells like cheese

Comment

56 points a steal for my services/leadership abilities
            DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
            DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
            DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
            DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
            DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
            DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
            1:waven> is if im going to prison
            1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

Originally posted by tragiK View Post
              4. Ruby - a2m, cata, crimsonx, fludd, megaman89, mythril, props, rasaq, vt, wage, zyphen
              ----> who will actually play: mythril, props, rasaq, wage, zyphen
              Analysis: a2m (when he shows), megaman89 (if he shows) will likely be played in the jav/base leagues and won't ever get to wb. The ones that do get to play resemble a team-first lineup of players who show often and should work well together.
              Dead on assessment. Even though I'd rather wb ;(
              Dice
              TWLB Champions Season 8
              TWLJ Champions Season 8
              TWLB Champions Season 10
              TWLB Champions Season 11

Comment

Originally posted by megaman89 View Post
                56 points a steal for my services/leadership abilities
                it's like a free bj!
                Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
                Your friend,