TWLB League & Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWLB League & Tournament

I asked Acid this morning why he didn't want playoffs, and he said that he didn't want them because playoffs cancel out the league in a sense. If you win the league and lose in the playoffs, then winning the league did not have any meaning. Acid's idea is this: a league and then a tournament (Cup).

The league winner would have to play every squad in the league, and at the end, have the most wins/points/etc. The tournament, would be exactly like playoffs, except that it would not affect the league standings at all.

The top 8 teams will play each other in a single elimination/knock out tournament.

Round 1:
    G1: 1 vs 8
    G2: 4 vs 5

G3: 2 vs 7
    G4: 3 vs 6

Round 2:
    G5: W1 vs W2
    G6: W3 vs W4

Round 3:
    G7: W5 vs W6

Basically, its the playoffs that everyone is asking for, except that they do not affect the league in any way. There will be two winners, the league winner, and the cup winner.

-TG
    PS: Acid asked me to post this for him because he cant post on the forums for some reason.

i'd like to say this here too since you two kicked my ass after i said this

It would be nice if you had 2 matches with same opponent. And add points together from those matches.

Round 1: Match 1 and Match 2

Match 1: Team 1 - Team 2 ___ 104k - 60k
    Match 2: Team 2 - Team 1 ___ 125k - 70k
    Team 1 - Team 2 ___ 174k - 185k

Winner = Team 2

Team 2 gets to round 2.
    Mirror <ZH> omg it shark
    Mirror <ZH> this sucks
    Server> dont worry mirror
    Server> shark fits your tits
    Peace <ZH>> shut up
    Peace <ZH>> i do not apperciate you talking to my girlfriend in that manner

i.d.> Teach me how to not choke
    Witness> well first you put it in your mouth ... but not to long

1:Hercules> ghoul
    1:Hercules> im level 90
    1:Hercules> in 9d
    1:Hercules> bought a char off ebay
    1:Hercules> cost me $50 but was worth it

Comment

nah that doesnt work, it should just be three games because.... well because thats just stupid.
      Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

Hmmmm, me thinks this just might appease we naysayers. It's essentially exactly what everyone's asking for, just with a little different packaging. And who cares about packaging...

Comment

1 match is too much about lag, luck and who shows..
          2 matches shows more about skills and activity of squad.
          Mirror <ZH> omg it shark
          Mirror <ZH> this sucks
          Peace <ZH>> shut up

Comment

and this way we could get 3 weeks simple and short tourny to more exciting and longer 6 weeks tourny
            Mirror <ZH> omg it shark
            Mirror <ZH> this sucks
            Peace <ZH>> shut up

Comment

erm wouldn't the point of the season to be to QUALIFY and get a good SEED? So you don't have to start vs Light and Diso you could start vs lower squads..
              The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
              All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by Kookie
                erm wouldn't the point of the season to be to QUALIFY and get a good SEED? So you don't have to start vs Light and Diso you could start vs lower squads..
                You play 1vs8, 2vs7, because the quality of the championship is suppose to be the best two teams, ever watch the NFL? That's why every year is always a memorable one
                (except sometimes you get a sucky team to the Super Bowl because they win against another good team who chokes in the playoffs)
                I fucking own you in the warbird, shut the fuck up.

Comment

this appeases me enough that i won't worry about thsi stuff anymore. we need to name the cup a good name. who wants to win a cup with a shittty name?

i propose the name to be the Gabber Robots cup

and if anyone knows where i got this name congrats.

little hint--one hit wonder...
                  To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
                  brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

there are too many POST-Season, season continuation, playoff threads right now, please condense them all into one easy to swallow capsule and tell me and my squad when and where we're supposed to play.
                    Pallies Support Group "We all feel lonely sometimes"

Pallies Basing Store (not just subspace merchandise)

okie dokey baby?

Comment

Originally posted by pv=nrt
                      this appeases me enough that i won't worry about thsi stuff anymore. we need to name the cup a good name. who wants to win a cup with a shittty name?

i propose the name to be the Gabber Robots cup

and if anyone knows where i got this name congrats.

little hint--one hit wonder...
                      Oh yes I know all too well.

ALL YOUR BASE! YOUR BASE! ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!

Candy, bubble-gam, binky suckin, back-pack wearin, big pant havin, parody techno sucks.

Playoffs rule.
                      Ünited Stätes Toughens Image With Umlauts WASHINGTON, DC—In a move designed to make the United States seem more "bad-assed and scary in a quasi-heavy-metal manner," Congress passed a bill Monday changing the nation's name to the Ünited Stätes of Ämerica. "Much like Mötley Crüe and Motörhead, the Ünited Stätes is not to be messed with," said Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK). An upcoming redesign of the Ämerican flag will feature the new name in burnished silver wrought in a jagged, gothic font and bolted to a black background. A new national anthem is also in the works, to be written by composer Glenn Danzig and tentatively titled "Howl Of The She-Demon."

-->CLICK HERE!$!$!<--

Comment

but do you know where All your base are belong to us comes from?
                        Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

Originally posted by Mayo Inc.
                          but do you know where All your base are belong to us comes from?
                          Mayo, somebody set us up the bomb!
                          1:koan> indy is like being skinny and liking weird music
                          1:tRICERATOPS> just a bunhc of faggots is all being indy is
                          1:koan> we cant talk about this infront of castro
                          1:koan> he's going to see this and be like WTFZ im a skinny vegeterian white dude with selective music tastes

Comment

http://www.kicken.com/images/kicken.....bin.laden.gif
                            Mirror <ZH> omg it shark
                            Mirror <ZH> this sucks
                            Peace <ZH>> shut up

Comment

Originally posted by Project

Mayo, somebody set us up the bomb!
                              What you say?
                              I fucking own you in the warbird, shut the fuck up.

Comment

Working...
                              X