This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HMS silencing me for calling him a loser in blue

HMS warned me for saying the n word while i was being spawned in go tourny. I noticed he warned me a couple minutes after it happened and I called him a loser. He then silenced me for an hour because i called him a loser. I went on a different name and said "rly hms?" and then he banned me. I think this is pretty messed up since i'm missing twl and i essentially got banned for calling hms a loser. If you check the logs you'll see i got warned after i was racist and that warning didn't include a silence. I then got silenced minutes after for calling him a loser in blue chat, if you check you'll see i didn't use racism after the first one and me being silenced wasn't warranted. I think this is pretty messed up as HMS is abusing his power even though multiple staffers i talked to agree the ban shouldn't of happened. Not to mention i had no idea me logging on a name trying to talk to hms after he silenced me was bannable, overall i think it's a bit ridiculous. I haven't been warned for a long time and i was simply warned once and then banned for calling HMS a loser.

Originally posted by zidane View Post
    i'm missing twl
    If u dont want to miss twl, dont take risks...
    Investigation done.
    Mystery solved.
    Case closed.
    Thread closed.

Comment

Its not really my place to be the mediator for bans, but I'll explain what I would have done. (I was online when you got silenced)

It's standard procedure to give a warning AND silence somebody for the same offense for the sake of tracking offenders. So if it took several minutes for you to get silenced, chances are he was looking up your history to determine how long the silence needed to be, as repeat offenders get an increased silence. If you switched names and came back into TW to talk to him, then that would be considered evading your punishment which is indeed bannable. However if you did it from another zone, then not so much. I don't know which you did, and it would be impossible for you to prove either way, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Comment

thank god
        J-B-Inc> i ddi that duel while doing coke of pawner moms ass

8:Riverside> UPDATE FOR WEEK 1:
        8:Riverside> I go 4-60 and we lose 0-6

2:saiyan> [Dec 22 21:22] Rough: yo just came on to tell you, can you go on a real date with a girl (need to be specific here lol) instead of talking to claus on forums about calcs and formulas for a league? Happy holidays btw

Comment

Originally posted by Lizard Fuel View Post
          Its not really my place to be the mediator for bans, but I'll explain what I would have done. (I was online when you got silenced)

It's standard procedure to give a warning AND silence somebody for the same offense for the sake of tracking offenders. So if it took several minutes for you to get silenced, chances are he was looking up your history to determine how long the silence needed to be, as repeat offenders get an increased silence. If you switched names and came back into TW to talk to him, then that would be considered evading your punishment which is indeed bannable. However if you did it from another zone, then not so much. I don't know which you did, and it would be impossible for you to prove either way, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.
          Thats funny because when this has happened to me in the past and I've gone to another zone to ask why, I've been netbanned looooooooool

Comment

Look Zidane, despite toolbags using the zones racism policy or other rules as a way to get personal revenge on people they dislike being really fucking gay, being a general douchebag tends to not help your situation at all at the same time. I mean you broke a rule and then complained that someone enforced the rule, HMS should have been the bigger man and stuck to the original punishment before you called him a loser (if thats what happened) but at the same time since rules are sorta loosely interpreted in this zone it seems like you know that shit like this happens.
            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Sorry i didn't know calling someone a loser was silenceable

Comment

Bullshit you didn't, you have played this game long enough to know that personal grudges cloud peoples abilities to make smart decisions whether on staff or on squads. Like I said, you poked the bear a day before TWL instead of just keeping your mouth shut, if you hadn't have said nigger in the first place you wouldn't be banned. If what you said is true the ban isn't deserved but shit happens.
                Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

No, if he had not silenced me for calling him a loser minutes after the warning I wouldn't have been banned. I usually wouldn't care about being banned 1 day but since this was TWL and I missed an important match it really was total bullshit.

Comment

Ok look man.

Zidane says Nigger
                    HMS minutes later warns Zidane
                    Zidane tells HMS hes a loser
                    HMS silences Zidane
                    Zidane logs onto another name to call HMS a faggot or whatever
                    HMS bans zidane for trying to get around a silence.

You really started it by dropping n bombs when you knew it was against the rules, HMS escalated it into a form of nerdyness it NEVER should have gotten to when he silenced you for calling him a loser. I am saying its both of your faults for being retarded in this case. The only problem is as a staffer he should know better (again this is only IF this is what happened)
                    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

I have no information on any of this but I would like to add in my 2 cents because im bored. Im unbiased in this because i don't have problems with either zidane or HMS. But I think that in this day and age, making an active TWL player ineligible for TWL is not cool especially under the circumstances given. Players will be players and test staff daily. Staff should be able to not let personal grudges affect their reasoning.
                      1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

i quite agree, an important part of having BanG is being responsible enough to use it and keep personal grudges out of it. Trust me, there are plenty of times i have wanted to just ban someone, but it helps neither the zone in the terms of activity or staff in terms of setting an example.

That said, i dont as yet, know the full ins and outs of this case, but if you have any logs zidane it may be helpful likewise, i will have a chat with hms to see that side as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Demonic View Post
                          i quite agree, an important part of having BanG is being responsible enough to use it and keep personal grudges out of it. Trust me, there are plenty of times i have wanted to just ban someone, but it helps neither the zone in the terms of activity or staff in terms of setting an example.
                          I quite agree too. I remember you threatening to ban me because I was legitimately hunting you or otherwise legitimately making your playtime less enjoyable. But you never did!
                          "People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer."

"Cherry blossoms in the Spring, and starry skies in the Summer. The Autumn brings the full moon. The Winter brings the snow. These things make Sake taste good. If you don't like Sake, then there is something wrong with you." Seijuro Hiko

Comment

I RAGED AFTER LD DROPPING MAD RACISM NO ONE WARNED ME OR NOTHING. GONNA MAKE IT A REGULAR OCCURRENCE NOW

Comment

doubt the 'loser' part had anything to do with anything. most likely it just took HMS time to check up on you, like Kthx said earlier. then you evaded your silence like a little bitch and got banned. stupid rondells will always be stupid sheridans.

you could perhaps write a formal complaint about getting sunburned for the first time in your life during your 2d absence.
                              Last edited by PH; 07-05-2011, 11:57 AM.
                              TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Working...
                              X