PDA

View Full Version : Next TWDT Season

Lizard Fuel
07-13-2011, 10:52 PM
So it's come to my attention that ECT is now taking over future TWDT seasons. What does this mean? For those that don't know ECT is the "group" that plans all the weekend events/warzone wednesday/TWL cash events, etc. Since ECT consists of only pinkSTAR and myself, I guess I'm getting volunteered against my will to run this next season. So I'd like to know when you guys think would be the best time to start it. Vote for whatever you want, and feel free to comment. I'll leave the poll up for like...a month.

RednaZ
07-14-2011, 01:12 AM
There's no option for never, fix the poll please

Draft
07-14-2011, 01:22 AM
yeah don't bother starting it. i haven't been on but i'm sure jaa quit by now and im not playing this pos game till you get over 250 bot/ppl in tw. just lost two of the best twdt captains that makes finals in everything bye #pow #abovethis

PH
07-14-2011, 01:57 AM
just lost the two captains that cause the most splitting headaches for the twdt ops just because they canoh woe is us

Jason
07-14-2011, 03:36 AM
but draft, don't you want to add to that glorious sig of yours?

Jones
07-14-2011, 05:33 AM
I guess I'm getting volunteered against my will to run this next season. .

this is a good indicator that it will be shitty (as always)

Turban
07-14-2011, 07:48 AM
My name has been tossed around as a possible candidate for next head TWDT operator spot, but as I see it there would be little to no point to run TWDT right after TWL as the zone is inactive for the time being.

Woe is me. I would rather see if there's any real interest of having a new draft season and then make my decision. Plus, could you imagine all the good laughs people would get from seeing me as a head of something?

Spikester
07-14-2011, 08:04 AM
Propane nightmares for 2x TWDTB champ!

Zeebu
07-14-2011, 09:12 AM
i like the way EG runs the draft league with a limit on the lineup in the game (not just one person of a low limit)

the only problem is that in a 5v5 wb or jav game if someone tanks its tough to carry them

Infrared
07-14-2011, 11:21 AM
start this shit so i can once again bring glory 2 viop

Rasaq
07-14-2011, 01:33 PM
Should get TWDT and a new third league up and running between TWL's and have the third league be involved with the pub and going throughout the week so raise the activity, not just for the weekend.

Lizard Fuel
07-14-2011, 02:01 PM
I didn't add "Never" to the poll because as far as I'm concerned "Never" is not an option. The poll is here so the people can decide how to proceed, but despite however many votes "Never" may get, this league will happen again, and it will be the best season of TWDT this zone has seen, because I won't accept anything less.

RednaZ
07-14-2011, 03:10 PM
Delusional, at least about the last bit. But good luck all the same.

Jason
07-14-2011, 04:40 PM
Should get TWDT and a new third league up and running between TWL's and have the third league be involved with the pub and going throughout the week so raise the activity, not just for the weekend.new third league should be ATTACK

?go attack2

Vatican Assassin
07-14-2011, 05:59 PM
why the fuck are we playing twl in the summer and draft tourney during peak active school months of the year I will never know

kthx
07-14-2011, 07:33 PM
Im not gonna lie, one of the reasons why I haven't been playing TWL this year is mainly because I don't want to sit inside and waste an entire day scheduled in the middle of the damn day on one of my only two days off to play a 30 minute match. This is one of the reasons why I have been more involved in HZ leagues lately, games on tuesday or wednesday at 9pm or 10pm where I am not wasting an entire fucking day makes much more sense to me. TWDT and TWL needs to adopt something like this so non-euro squads can play games where I don't feel like im taking up half my weekend to play it.

megaman89
07-14-2011, 08:51 PM
why the fuck are we playing twl in the summer and draft tourney during peak active school months of the year I will never know

this, also I voted never. twdt is gayer than aids

Infrared
07-16-2011, 01:02 PM
TWDT > TWL imo.
TWL- A couple stacked teams dominate and its highly unlikely that anyone else will win.
TWDT- Teams are fairly even so match outcomes are unpredictable.
The season outcomes are much less predictable and therefore, in my opinion, much more interesting/fun.

Going into almost every match knowing the outcome is no fun.

suk dik banyas

Draft
07-16-2011, 09:01 PM
but draft, don't you want to add to that glorious sig of yours?

fuck you and your stupid limit. you people should about all my success.. not a quarter of it. #basedgod

veetee
07-19-2011, 11:06 AM
If it is gonna be run again regardless, remove rescap

Vatican Assassin
07-19-2011, 01:45 PM
here's an idea, skip this fucking joke league and play twl GASP during september like we have been doing since 2000 and we all will have fun knowing we are playing a real league during real months of the year and not dedicating the peakest of the peak activity months in a gay ass league no one cares about except mother fucking infrared and lizard fuel i hate you guys huh wheres that option seriously you can play draft league next summer when no one is fucking here what the hell is wrong with you people

Turban
07-19-2011, 01:59 PM
i would much rather get another TWL season running 1-2 months after this one ends rather than playing a random draft tournament.

Vatican Assassin
07-19-2011, 02:16 PM
i can tell you who won the last 6 TWLB's, I bet you wbs can tell me who won the last 6 TWLD's, and I bet the only people that remembers who won last year's draft tourny are the people who actually won, and no one remembers the year before that because this is a forgettable meaningless event that should not be played as often as TWL. We JUST WENT through the ranking bs thread drama omg I'm a 9 you're an 8 he's a 6 BULLSHIT which is the most interesting part of this god forsaken event. who was on your draft team last year do you remember I don't because it's just another chat with a bunch of people I don't care about I bid you good day sir seriously we just played this shit you are gonna make draft tourney twice a year now fuck you lizard you egomaniac why don't you go host zombies if you need to feel important but we're not waiting 8 months to play another twl after a fucking worthless summer league this game is about to die and your draft tourney aint gonna help anyone except the 8 sorry ass mother fuckers that want to cap this thing for the 15th time god damn

Vatican Assassin
07-19-2011, 02:22 PM
I would rather see if there's any real interest of having a new draft season and then make my decision.

despite however many votes "Never" may get, this league will happen again

nominating turban for head of draft league so he can postpone it and let TWD happen for a while and then TWL and then next summer when tw is god damn good and ready we can see what lizard fuel and kthx thinks my basing ranking is

Jones
07-19-2011, 02:38 PM
vatican assassin, you're awesome!

Major Crisis
07-19-2011, 02:56 PM
Vati just wants more chance of winning a TWLB title ^.^

Crescent Seal
07-19-2011, 03:37 PM
The only positive about TWDT is that it creates somewhat fair teams and gives people a chance to compete when they normally wouldn't be able to. That being said, the competition becomes a joke because people don't take it seriously so there really is no point. This game is dying so allow TWL to be held twice a year during peak times. If you must do TWDT, then do it in between the 2 TWLs or during the summer.

kthx
07-19-2011, 04:34 PM
Two TWL's means TWL is double as fucking useless, and twice as many people won't show up for it every year. If the olympics were every six months would anyone give a shit, not that anyone really gives a shit anyways besides Canada getting a hardon for barely winning the only sport they are somewhat decent at. Get my point?

Turban
07-19-2011, 05:00 PM
rather have a new TWL season and thereafter have every new TWL season start at the very same date. fucking hate summer leagues, rather have TWL running when people are actually active and can show.

Draft
07-19-2011, 05:05 PM
yo were busy ppl, why don't we just skip twl regular/playoffs and move straight to the finals next season?

ld - fierce/thunder
lj - dice/thunder
lb - dice/penetrate

rest are trash at what they do

Draft
07-19-2011, 05:08 PM
hell, even for twdt lets straight up skip all the nonsense. have 8 captains draft their team, automatically put jaa's team and my team in finals in all 3

we all know lizard fuel will never win twdt #STOPTRYING

Turban
07-19-2011, 05:38 PM
in my opinion we should start the next TWL season around September 18th/25th, which would mean there would be enough time to complete the season before any possible Christmas breaks, although we could even start it as early as September 11th, but that seems a bit too early to me. this would include a week break for Independence Day but no fucking breaks for that Halloween bullshit.

ideally speaking a TWL season lasts for around 12 to 14 weeks with our current setup -- the length depending on the number of preseason week(s) we would have and whether there would be a replay week, albeit i would much rather see the replays being played within regular season (read as: force the squad captains to decide when to play the god damn replay) than having to waste a week of time for a replay week. if there would be only one week of preseason and no replay weeks, it would make the season much shorter meaning we could end the league before any possible Christmas breaks, thus we would have the finals at around December 11th/18th, or even as early as November 20th if we start the season early and don't run into any major complications, such as the bot core dying for a week.

i'm sure most people would prefer to have TWL end (this is if we're going to have a new season) before any possible Christmas breaks. no one enjoys having to take a two to three week break from TWL just to play the final game(s), most people will lose interest of the league if they have to wait for too long. and then we could have another TWL season if there's enough interest, could start it around mid to late February and have it end before summer.

after all that you can have your draft tournament. just my two cents.

Vatican Assassin
07-19-2011, 05:52 PM
should never have had this summer league we're fucked no matter we do really. might as well have the draft tourny and do twl in november, have half the regular season before x-mas break, have the all-star game during the break cuz who cares who shows or plays but it's something to do, and have the second half of the season after new years. have some more games too, everyone plays a few teams twice, like the ones who are close to your skill level.

Turban
07-19-2011, 05:57 PM
but hey, what could i possibly know? in fact, you guys can have your magnificent draft tournament with all the spectacular player ratings which will continue to amuse us for countless of weeks even after the season ends, breathtaking appeals that are always well written, marvelous trading and bidding system that isn't the slightest bit confusing and last but not least the flawless rules that have absolutely no loopholes. in the meantime we who actually want TWL to start at a proper time for once can wait another year.

as of now, i have absolutely no say in this matter unless i were to step up and become the next head of TWDT -- let's be realistic here, chances of that happening are pretty damn close to non-existent. you guys can have your draft tournament during the prime months of this game. we can wait another year or two for a TWL season that will actually be hosted during fall.

ps: fuck started writing this then went afk. too slow.

fLaReD
07-19-2011, 06:36 PM
xmas and new years both fall on sundays, what would you guys think about having twl season 16 start on the weekend of january 8th? this would mean no delay for for winter holidays and it would start during the beginning of spring semester. depending on number of squads invited/replay week etc it would end late march or early april, meaning before spring semester finals. yes/no?

Crescent Seal
07-19-2011, 07:18 PM
Its all about the timings. Start TWL during peak population and interest. Make a poll about that instead of TWDT because TWDT should revolve around TWL.

@kthx
I would agree to that but nowadays the competitive players don't even log on unless its for qualifications or the actual games. But I get your point, the appeal and credibility of TWL would diminish if it hasn't already.

What turban is suggesting is that we need to start TWL this September so in the future it will fall in the correct time slot. It may seem like a terrible idea right now but look at the long run. It would end before Christmas holidays. Then after the holidays we can have TWDT which would last until summer. Repeat.

edit: forgot about sunday football looooool

Rasaq
07-19-2011, 08:18 PM
Even if you guys choose not to participate in TWDT there are always over 100 players in waivers almost every season looking to get on a squad, so there would be no loss. Only huge hit would be the competition within the league with newer players. Going by what people vote on or comment on on the forums isn't necessarily the smartest thing to do. Rarely do we see new players on here commenting on TWD, TWL, and TWDT. Will we have enough players without all the whiny veterans? Yes. Would it be fair for those players, who would have a chance to play TWDT, if we chose not to have TWDT on a specific starting date based off of what us vets want, no. Try to involve the pub more into this with more ads and let's see where it will lead. I always look forward more to TWDT than TWL because I like how it's ran and like how people can be drafted and traded.

If TWL is going to compete with NFL Sundays again than count me out.

Major Crisis
07-20-2011, 04:11 AM
Even if you guys choose not to participate in TWDT there are always over 100 players in waivers almost every season looking to get on a squad, so there would be no loss. Only huge hit would be the competition within the league with newer players. Going by what people vote on or comment on on the forums isn't necessarily the smartest thing to do. Rarely do we see new players on here commenting on TWD, TWL, and TWDT. Will we have enough players without all the whiny veterans? Yes. Would it be fair for those players, who would have a chance to play TWDT, if we chose not to have TWDT on a specific starting date based off of what us vets want, no. Try to involve the pub more into this with more ads and let's see where it will lead. I always look forward more to TWDT than TWL because I like how it's ran and like how people can be drafted and traded.

If TWL is going to compete with NFL Sundays again than count me out.

I remember last year the whiney veterans didn't want to play either, yet they signed up and played. They were also talking about how shit TWDT is and that TWL should have started.

Mythril
07-20-2011, 05:01 AM
obviously we can't just do another twl season a month after this one ends. everyone needs a few months to fuck around on other squads, new squads need to form, losers need to sulk in their twl losses and then we gotta deal with the month or so of qualifying.

twdt is mostly hated because you faggots usually start twdt a few months after twl when everyone is interested in playing twl again. this time around it'll be perfect as long as you start twdt within the month after twl ends since it does generate enough interest to keep people playing the game and it'll keep the game a little more interesting inbetween twl's.

so basically what i'm saying here is start twdt asap and give me 10 stars

and draft me and rasaq together again so we can threepeat in twdtd

Crescent Seal
07-20-2011, 12:55 PM
ROFL at your sig

Lizard Fuel
07-20-2011, 01:14 PM
Why are so many people angry at me lol. The only thing I've said is that it WILL happen again. Don't rage at me about the start time because I'm not the one deciding it, YOU ARE. Assuming theres not some drastic swing in interest it looks like this will be starting shortly after TWL (Which I didn't even vote for btw). It seems like a few different people are interested in running this league so luckily I don't have to.

Vatican Assassin
07-20-2011, 01:18 PM
just make sure to make dependable people like violence cap so they show up to half the bd games and jav themselves in each one. and make sure you MAKE teams play with a special ship even though this league is supposed to bring in new players and teach them twd leagues and specials in games with newbies helps so much and paradise is a faggot /whine

the_paul
07-20-2011, 01:48 PM
stop being a narcissist ok already vati its getting old

Crescent Seal
07-20-2011, 02:03 PM
http://i.imgur.com/qsZKf.jpg

paradise!
07-20-2011, 03:02 PM
I don't get why you wouldn't start this. Does vatican assassin realize that a school year is 9+ months long? TWDT falling during a school month isn't a shocker, was it not like this last season? You honestly expect us to wait for the school year to end to start this?

Push TWDT to negotiable times during the weekday/and sunday, and bam, none of this will matter.

Vatican Assassin
07-20-2011, 03:39 PM
i think vati is wondering, with school years lasting 9 months long, why TWL is being held during the 3 months of summer in which everyone is outside

Lizard Fuel
07-20-2011, 10:20 PM
I just don't see what purpose it serves to be so negative towards this. Having an active league running is better than having nothing at all (At the very least not any worse). If you don't enjoy the league, don't sign up to play. That way we aren't plagued by inactivity by people who don't give a fuk. Just be happy that somebody is willing to offer their time and work for free so you guys have another option to enjoy, instead of bitching about it before it even happens.

Jason
07-20-2011, 10:44 PM
just remind me to fix the goddamn twdt website before the next season.

i originally coded that site without much though to a back-end and now the style/formatting is somewhat fucked. been bugging me ever since.

Vatican Assassin
07-20-2011, 11:22 PM
it has nothing to do with the draft tourny league, ya ill sign up, ya ill go to games, ya its not as fun as twl for me. but having twl in the summer is a horrible system to leave in place and now is the time to think about changing it.

Rasaq
07-20-2011, 11:22 PM
Your work will be appreciated, LF.

Jason
07-20-2011, 11:47 PM
it has nothing to do with the draft tourny league, ya ill sign up, ya ill go to games, ya its not as fun as twl for me. but having twl in the summer is a horrible system to leave in place and now is the time to think about changing it.so start a different thread about it in the twl forum.

just a thought.

kthx
07-21-2011, 06:18 AM
Deep down inside I realize that it was originally my trolling that turned Vatican Assassin into such an angry person, He used to be Phantom Limb and now unfortunately hes now attacking the forums with a coffee mug, a shoe, and a toaster trying to get his "revenge on society" if you will.

Vatican Assassin
07-21-2011, 12:03 PM
awesome post kthx shouldnt you be on facebook talking to japan about ww2

kthx
07-21-2011, 12:55 PM
What do you tell a Japanense person with lots of radioactivity?

Nothing you already told'em twice.

Oranje
07-21-2011, 03:26 PM
Can we get more games per weekend? twdt-duelin,javski,basing and SPIDER games on Saturday AND Sunday? (Same goes for twl)
That way it will be over faster and no one will get bored (dont get me wrong, I like twdt even when LF is assigned captainship). If possible also for next twl's.
Thanks

Jerome Scuggs
07-23-2011, 02:50 PM
imo we need to keep momentum going or people will wander away. id prefer 1-3month break though.

i agree that twl shouldnt happen relatively soon, space it out, maybe have twdt, world basing cup (haha maybe), or some sort of TWD tournament open to all squads, or some sort of weekly competitions for top3 squads in each ladder, or monthly races to gain most points in ladder etc

Struckles
07-24-2011, 03:07 PM
should have brought back BWC. shit is more fun than TWDT. thanks